Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

What songs would you like to see as openers?

Started by sooniletugo, Aug 13, 2016, 01:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snw9

Code: [Select]

ZND84

Quote from: snw9 on Mar 02, 2017, 07:22 PM
The Boy's republic

why the boy's republic? personally i think it would suck as a closer, but to each their own

snw9

Quote from: ZND84 on Mar 03, 2017, 10:09 AM
Quote from: snw9 on Mar 02, 2017, 07:22 PM
The Boy's republic

why the boy's republic? personally i think it would suck as a closer, but to each their own

I meant as an opener, that drum intro and guitars. Quite heavy for a song too. Once in a while deftones should really switch it up provided they have to practice.
Code: [Select]

Red Pill

The Boy's Republic is a bonus track included , numbered edition of the album for some reason! I don't care about it.

BewareTheWater

Quote from: ZND84 on Feb 09, 2017, 08:31 PM
the joke did go over my head, enlighten me
Quote from: Penicks on Feb 07, 2017, 09:01 PM
zdn84 you stupid fuck, i bet you don't even know if anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like

what does that mean? relax
Clearly, you are not experienced in the art of memes.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/navy-seal-copypasta

ZND84

Quote from: Penicks on Feb 06, 2017, 08:46 PM
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking dead, kiddo.

i don't know, i just read this threat from some retard named penicks.  Lovers would be a sweet opener

BewareTheWater

Teething would be a pretty explosive opener, but I doubt they'd be playing it nowadays.

Quote from: ZND84 on Mar 04, 2017, 12:03 AM
Quote from: Penicks on Feb 06, 2017, 08:46 PM
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking dead, kiddo.

i don't know, i just read this threat from some retard named penicks.  Lovers would be a sweet opener
Click the link I put up in the other post fam

BewareTheWater

Quote from: Red Pill on Mar 03, 2017, 03:28 PM
The Boy's Republic is a bonus track included , numbered edition of the album for some reason! I don't care about it.
What don't you care for about it ?

The way I picture it live as the opener... Imagine all the lights go off, the intro kicks in, mad anticipation is built up...then the lights start going crazy at the drum intro and they all turn on once the whole thing kicks in , it'd be friggin' dope IMO

Red Pill

Quote from: BewareTheWater on Mar 07, 2017, 04:34 AM

The way I picture it live as the opener... , the intro kicks in, mad anticipation is built up...then the lights start going crazy at the drum intro and they all turn on once the whole thing kicks in , it'd be friggin' boring IMO

illthrowROCKS@U

The way I picture it live as the opener... Imagine all the lights go off, the intro kicks in, mad anticipation is built up...then the lights start going crazy at the drum intro and they all turn on once the whole thing kicks in , it'd be friggin' dope IMO

Easily one of the best songs from Deftones. Don't even listen to that Red Pill guy, he's not even a fan. Not sure what he's doing on a Deftones forum if he doesn't like Deftones....
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

Red Pill

Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Mar 07, 2017, 06:34 PM

Easily one of the best songs from Deftones. Don't even listen to that Red Pill guy, he's not even a fan. Not sure what he's doing on a Deftones forum if he doesn't like Deftones....

People That Have Completely Lost All Common Sense. = illthrowROCKS@U

In my opinion, Easily one of the worst songs from Deftones.

LG95

Red Pill's ranking of Deftones songs:

Good
Kimdracula
Damone

Shit
Everything else
I could float here forever

Red Pill

Not true. Small example: I have pleausure in confirming that I like fist!

I'm not a fanboy. True.

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: Red Pill on Mar 07, 2017, 07:09 PM

And that's absolutely fine that you think this way. The problem is that you don't see differing opinions about music as "absolutely fine." You're the kind of person who wants to insult anyone who thinks differently. You're the kind of person who believes you alone are the decider of absolute truth.

That's why you're a prick, and most people on this board are not. It's got nothing to do with their likes and dislikes, because I often find myself disagreeing with many people on here. It's the way in which you disagree that, to me, shows you lack the basic necessities of general human interaction and discourse.

Your response, of course, will be to call me a "fanboy." What this means exactly, I'm not sure. I am a fan of Deftones. That is why I'm on a Deftones forum. See how that works? Maybe you should rethink your presence here, if your only goal is to disparage others. Then again, judging from the way you act, disparaging others seems enjoyable to you. Pardon the Trumpism, but.. "Sad!"
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
3/8/13 - House of Blues
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
5/17/22 - The Anthem

Red Pill

No.

Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Mar 07, 2017, 08:24 PM

You're the kind of person who wants to insult anyone who thinks differently.
No. I'd like to say I'm a fairly open-minded person, but, like most people, I do have some pretty strong views about specific topics and find it hard to sway from those opinions -- no matter how others might try to persuade me. Of course, I fully believe that having strong beliefs can be a wonderful thing and I believe we should all stay true to what we believe in.

"You're the kind of person who believes you alone are the decider of absolute truth.
That's why you're a prick, and most people on this board are not.
"

No . i believe in fredom of speech. The ironic part to me is , you are prick . So you say. Leave. I was reading about some brain less Americans and here it is something about it. A small example. Haha Logical fallacies are nothing new to the US America consciousness. they are a staple of public opinion. "If you don't like it, leave," is but the latest example in a long line to have permeated social media. . It is phrases like this that divide countries when they need unity most. And, often, it is phrases like this that run antithetical to liberal democracy. The notion behind, "If you don't like it, leave," is that if you plan to resist the political climate of a country, you should leave it. Essentially, you are a byproduct of the state, not a voice in its affairs. In the US American context, this is contradictory to the Founding Fathers, and in the wider world this has historically proved fallacious.

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: Red Pill on Mar 07, 2017, 08:47 PM
No.

Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Mar 07, 2017, 08:24 PM

You're the kind of person who wants to insult anyone who thinks differently.
No. I'd like to say I'm a fairly open-minded person, but, like most people, I do have some pretty strong views about specific topics and find it hard to sway from those opinions -- no matter how others might try to persuade me. Of course, I fully believe that having strong beliefs can be a wonderful thing and I believe we should all stay true to what we believe in.

"You're the kind of person who believes you alone are the decider of absolute truth.
That's why you're a prick, and most people on this board are not.
"

No . i believe in fredom of speech. The ironic part to me is , you are prick . So you say. Leave. I was reading about some brain less Americans and here it is something about it. A small example. Haha Logical fallacies are nothing new to the US America consciousness. they are a staple of public opinion. "If you don't like it, leave," is but the latest example in a long line to have permeated social media. . It is phrases like this that divide countries when they need unity most. And, often, it is phrases like this that run antithetical to liberal democracy. The notion behind, "If you don't like it, leave," is that if you plan to resist the political climate of a country, you should leave it. Essentially, you are a byproduct of the state, not a voice in its affairs. In the US American context, this is contradictory to the Founding Fathers, and in the wider world this has historically proved fallacious.

There is no logical fallacy in my comment.

This is the quote:

"Maybe you should rethink your presence here, if your only goal is to disparage others."

In other words, if your only goal is to insult and disparage others, then you should probably rethink even being here. Reexamine your life. You are still free to say what you want, and interestingly "fredom [sic] of speech" runs both ways.

But of course, knowing you, it's not surprising that you'd completely misread what I've said, twist it into something else, and build up a straw man in the process. What was that about logical fallacies?

You and your buddy are unlike the rest of the board. You two are the biggest trolls on this board, and even have a similar writing style. Perhaps you're the same person? That would be extra sad...

Everything else in your comment is a bunch of irrelevant nonsense, because it stems from your initial straw-man.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
3/8/13 - House of Blues
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
5/17/22 - The Anthem

Red Pill

No. You don't know me. You are single the biggest liar here! Or should I say , You and your buddy inkblades are unlike the rest of the board. You two are the biggest trolls on this board, the same jokes "with a z..so edgy" and even have a similar writing style. Perhaps you're the same person? That would be extra sad...You are a troll. Stop being butthurt. Stop assuming things.