Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Slipknot thread

Started by Infected Mushroom, May 29, 2005, 04:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

defTHE1s

Quote from: Deftones-88-05-Deftones on Jul 14, 2006, 08:44 PM
Chino describe them as the mickey mouse club and I agree with him they totally suck balls.

Now look at them, playing on some editions of KNOTFEST this year, huh?

I like'em; S/T and MFKR are pretty good, IOWA is decent though at first I didn't like it. Vol 3 Is my fave. Then All Hope is Gone is their worst at least for me.
Gray Chapter has a very good songs, better than AHIG and pretty good if you consider Joey and Paul aren't on the record.

Of course, there is a lot of better stuff out there but they're pretty good IMO as well as musicians (Jim Root owns as well as Mick) and the new drummer, if not as good as Joey still has some skills.

As for the masks... I really don't care if they're masked or not, but it's fine for the shows I guess.

Sorry for the bump?  ::)

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

people are people

Wtf ! chino thinks he makes art like he's Vincent Von Gogh, he usually speaks about Korn, Linkin Park, Limp bizkit, Metallica. Inferiority complex...

Joey Jordison 10-0 abe
James Root or Mick Thomson 10 - 0 stephen
Alessandro Venturella 10 - 0 sergio
Sid Wilson 10 000 - 0 frank
you can't compare chino to Corey Taylor its like comparing drake to Eminem!

elite54

Quote from: people are people on Sep 06, 2016, 04:11 AM
Wtf ! chino thinks he makes art like he's Vincent Von Gogh, he usually speaks about Korn, Linkin Park, Limp bizkit, Metallica. Inferiority complex...

Joey Jordison 10-0 abe

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

people are people

Quote from: elite54 on Sep 06, 2016, 04:22 AM

Joey Jordison 10-0 abe

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yeah, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, chino can't compete with slipknot, Ok Linkin Park it's the biggest selling debut álbum of 21st century, They're in good company with the Metallica's black álbum, though. Slipknot however, they pushed the boundaries of acceptability and censorship, the underground loves them, the commercial world loves them, and the media can't ignore them. Slipknot's live show is complete mayhem. Like Corey Taylor told us a few years ago, anything on Slipknot's stage can kill you, and though the members may not actually be setting each other on fire anymore, there's plenty of flame to go around. As the band grows, so does the show, and it's a true spectacle to be witnessed.

defTHE1s

Joey Jordison 10-0 abe
I can only argue with you regarding Abe. He totally has another skills or techniques, they do not play the same music (if you understand) but I consider Abe being a monster in the way he plays, he has been I should say, the only constant member that's giving 100% in every Deftones album and in live shows he is even better.
I could see him as one of the bests drummers nowadays easily.

And I'm not saying Slipknot's members are best at playing than Deftone's members, just saying they do different styles but in some things you point you're right.

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

elite54

Quote from: people are people on Sep 06, 2016, 07:19 AM
Quote from: elite54 on Sep 06, 2016, 04:22 AM

Joey Jordison 10-0 abe

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yeah, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, chino can't compete with slipknot, Ok Linkin Park it's the biggest selling debut álbum of 21st century, They're in good company with the Metallica's black álbum, though. Slipknot however, they pushed the boundaries of acceptability and censorship, the underground loves them, the commercial world loves them, and the media can't ignore them. Slipknot's live show is complete mayhem. Like Corey Taylor told us a few years ago, anything on Slipknot's stage can kill you, and though the members may not actually be setting each other on fire anymore, there's plenty of flame to go around. As the band grows, so does the show, and it's a true spectacle to be witnessed.

Did you really just copy and paste a girl from Noisey's article on why she thinks Slipknot is so good? Here is a little plagiarism of my own:

"Slipknot is a lot like professional wrestling. It's not about if it's real or not, if it's good or not, if it's tasteful. It's about putting on a crazy spectacle that you can't look away from. Like a circus sideshow. Seeing the uncynical, un-ironic strangeness that mankind is capable of.

People shit on wrestling all the time, and rightly so! It's terrible. But you can't deny that it was fun to watch in the nineties. It didn't matter if it was stupid. It didn't matter if it was real. It was fantastical nonsense, and don't try to deny it--you love fantastical nonsense, whoever you are. I mean look at that red carpet lineup that you've posted with the members of slipknot. Just look at it. Tell me honestly, do you really want to live in a world where that never happened?"

I'm not denying they are good at their instruments? Collectively Deftones beats the shit out of Slipknot.

people are people

Yeah, xD! I LMFAO with that girl. Come on, I am on a forum where 85% of the Deftones fans are fanátics or delusional as chino, and did you really think that I will just try to convince you that you are wrong? I just did copy paste of another fanatic... In my opinion, all members of slipknot are better at all levels (individual or collective), they are better live also. they have more influence. I can't see a single shit where deftones are bigger.

BillyNo.9

This whole thread is a joke. I admit I only clicked on it to see if there was anything funny to spectate, being that it's on a deftones board.