Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Death By Plane (all available studio versions + info)

Started by deftfan, Oct 26, 2016, 10:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deftfan

3 audio files and info in '.txt' file:
DOWNLOAD on mega.nz
DOWNLOAD on google drive

WATCH OFFICIAL VIDEO in HQ (on facebook)

and read...

"Death By Plane" song by Team Sleep information about all available versions by deftfan (October, 2016):

2002 - first version leaked online with other not finished (demo) Team Sleep songs and appeared on "Unreleased Album". This version have 2:17 min because at the very beginning "DEath By Plane" was planed as first song on album, so at the end you can hear intro to the next song "Appollonia".

2004 - version from official video which was released via Team Sleep official website in October, 2004. This 'mp3' file is sourced from original video file ('mov') delivered by Andrew Bennett (director of this video).

2007 - version released on Team Sleep official profile on MySpace.com. Except shortened song to 2:04 min (few seconds cut out at the end) nothing has changed in compared to 2002 version.

Extra - Todd Wilkinson (Team Sleep guitarist) about 'Death By Pane': "That's a song that, I made that demo way before. That was one of the first things, an original demo on a four track a long time ago in the '90s or something. Chino sang on it and it got leaked online with the original stuff that got leaked, so it never actually came out properly." (from Loudwire interview in July 2015)

"Death By Plane" lyrics:
'When I waved to you
Then you knew I was gone
You calmed down
So
There, in the air
Where I can't move
I say
Just say to you
Goodbye, my love
Goodbye...'
- Chino Moreno

...if i miss something, let me know, please :)

digital bath

deftfan

Quote from: digital bath on Oct 27, 2016, 06:00 PM
why is the song called death by plane?
who knows...but i think name is really connected with lyrics.

digital bath

I was always wondering if the lyrics are somehow connected to the person in the song. Everytime I hear the song I have to think about a plane exloding in the sky, in slow motion and without any sound, except the song itself. And that this song is about chino singing to a loving person he lost in this scenario... I know that sounds weird ::)
Death by plane is by far my favourite TS song :)

Penicks

you associate a song named death by plane with an airplane accident

how weird

DeftonesNZ

Yeah don't think it's that literal, there's probably some other inferred meaning, like the sense of separation between you and someone else as you slowly disassociate, or the lack the of control you feel when a passenger on a plane possibly even a fall from grace/being destroyed by what lifted you up.

digital bath

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Oct 29, 2016, 03:22 PM
Yeah don't think it's that literal, there's probably some other inferred meaning, like the sense of separation between you and someone else as you slowly disassociate, or the lack the of control you feel when a passenger on a plane possibly even a fall from grace/being destroyed by what lifted you up.

you got the point:)

what I meant with weird is that I associate positive feelings with an horrible image. Of course it's the title which gave me that image, but the song itself matches perfectly to it, even the song itself never mentioned an airplane accident or alike.

For example, I associate "your skull is red" with big waves, flood and a heavy storm, all on a beach with palms. Neither title or lyrics are associated to that image, but the heavy sound does.
It's just part of the style I am into listening music, I always make an theatrical image to it, depends on the feelings I get when I hear a song. If I can not get an (good) image to it, I will not like the song.

DeftonesNZ

that's interesting I don't see things visually like that i hear the song and get little glimpses of situations but i don't really have a clear picture of a setting in my head, it's more just emotional content i pick up on, like when i hear your skull is red i think about some obsession.

Deadradio

Such a great song. Wonder what happened to the new songs that they were working on during the Woodstock Sessions. They were on a roll and then nothing. Darn.

mrpelon94

love this song to death...this and No...i could sleep with these on repeat so soothing:)