4. Cult of Luna & Julie Christmas - Mariner
5. Russian Circles - Guidance
6. Neurosis - Fires Within Fires
7. Inter Arma - Paradise Gallows
8. King Dude - Sex
9. Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - Skeleton Tree
10. Crippled Black Phoenix - Bronze

Crazylegs

oh shit, I'm gonna give it a go, but this is definitely subject to change.
I'm gonna add my favorite tracks off each release in parentheses too.

Quote from: theis on Nov 18, 2016, 05:32 PM
Sumac - What One Becomes  (Favorite track: Image of control)
The Dillinger Escape Plan - Dissociation  (symptoms of terminal illness)
Russian Circles - Guidance  (Asa/Vorel)
Neurosis - Fires Within Fires   (Broken Ground)

+

True Widow - Avvolgere   (Theurgist)
Motorpsycho - Here be monsters   (i.m.s)
David Bowie - Blackstar   (Lazarus)
Radiohead - A moon shaped pool   (Daydreaming)
Ivan Ave - Helping hands   (Obedience)
Cass Mccombs - Mangy love   (opposite house)

Later on I'm sure the list will look different. I'm sure i've forgotten things and there's a lot I've barely listened to yet, like the new Dungen, Meshuggah, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Swans, Angel Olsen +++

theis

FUCK, how could I forget Nick Cave? and True Widow... fuck fuckity fuck,

No CBP on your list, Håvard?

Crazylegs

Quote from: theis on Nov 22, 2016, 11:14 AM
No CBP on your list, Håvard?

Crippled black phoenix? haven't heard the new one. I guess i should.

theis

It's awesome! I got into them 'cause of you. you posted Mankind (The Crafty Ape) some years ago. Been hooked since!

bright lights, big city

that new CBP really did come out of nowhere though. I randomly saw something about it on a blog, while searching for other music.

I'm struggling with my top 10. It seems my tastes haven't changed much over the years, since the usual suspects will probably make it (DEP, ETID, Meshuggah, Radiohead).
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

LG95

I've got about thirty I'm starting to try and organise into a top ten at the moment, plus any that pop up in the next month or ones already released that I pick up on.
I could float here forever

bright lights, big city

Quote from: LG95 on Nov 22, 2016, 09:36 PM
I've got about thirty I'm starting to try and organise into a top ten at the moment, plus any that pop up in the next month or ones already released that I pick up on.
yeah I have an eye on the new Zao and Childish Gambino due in Dec. And hopefully a new Run the Jewels.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Seven

Yeah! I've got about 100!

LG95

Quote from: Seven on Nov 23, 2016, 12:30 AM

I should clarify, I've listened to about 120 this year. I've got about 30 or so that could get into my top 10. that's all.

Seven

Quote from: LG95 on Nov 23, 2016, 01:22 AM
Quote from: Seven on Nov 23, 2016, 12:30 AM

I should clarify, I've listened to about 120 this year. I've got about 30 or so that could get into my top 10. that's all.

Yeah dude! I've got about 100 or so that could get into my top 10! Point. That's all. Gold Year!  :D

Inkblades

The Black Queen's Fever Daydream is definitely my favorite album of the year, with Gore in second place. Dillinger, Thrice, Radiohead, Bowie and Beyonce are also up there.

Rally Sweat

It's been a fucking outstanding musical year - best in some time as far as I'm concerned. Still really need to listen to the new Sumac, can't believe I haven't yet. Frank Ocean's new album has been my favourite by far, I've completely killed it with the amount of listens I've given it. As for others:

Moon Tooth - Chromaparagon (had no idea they existed - best surprise of 2016)
Palehorse - Looking Wet in Public
Douglas Dare - Aforger
Danny Brown - Atrocity Exhibition
Preoccupations - St
Lambchop - FLOTUS
Every Time I Die - Low Teens
Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - Skeleton Tree (weirdly only been able to listen to it a little bit - it's the blackest of the black)
Astronoid - Air

Predicted additions:

New Nitkowski will be brilliantly awkward and angular like they always are.
New Open Hand will definitely deliver (if it comes out this year or lifetime).
New Death of Money (been waiting forever for this).

Sure there's loads more.

theis

Quote from: Rally Sweat on Nov 23, 2016, 02:03 PM
Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - Skeleton Tree (weirdly only been able to listen to it a little bit - it's the blackest of the black)

What are you talking about...that album is puppies and rainbows through and through.  :D

Paint Your Lips

Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool

Rally Sweat

Quote from: theis on Nov 23, 2016, 03:48 PM
Quote from: Rally Sweat on Nov 23, 2016, 02:03 PM

What are you talking about...that album is puppies and rainbows through and through.  :D

Ahahahaha, shit, I'd hate to hear something you thought was depressing then!  ;D

Quote from: Paint Your Lips on Nov 23, 2016, 05:09 PM

Oop, yeah, another incredible album I forgot!

LG95

The Radiohead record isn't as good as I initially thought to be honest. Still really good but not sure it'll make my top ten, possibly even top twenty.

theis

Blast from the past! Welcome back.

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: LG95 on Nov 23, 2016, 06:54 PM
The Radiohead record isn't as good as I initially thought to be honest. Still really good but not sure it'll make my top ten, possibly even top twenty.
It's still better than 90% of what's been released this year. It's not a masterpiece, but it's impressive as hell.

Quote from: theis on Nov 23, 2016, 06:56 PM

Blast from the past! Welcome back.
Tak! I was feeling nostalgic, so I thought it'd be fun to log in. Haven't posted since 2011.

Rally Sweat

Quote from: Paint Your Lips on Nov 23, 2016, 09:54 PM
Quote from: LG95 on Nov 23, 2016, 06:54 PM
It's still better than 90% of what's been released this year. It's not a masterpiece, but it's impressive as hell.

I feel like it's the perfect companion piece to In Rainbows (my favourite of theirs), which conveniently helps me forget King of Limbs (I'll keep Bloom though)!

Oh, another I forgot was: Fog - For Good.