Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Fan base nickname

Started by TheWaterWarm, Dec 05, 2016, 09:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheWaterWarm

Hey guys, I know not every band has an official nickname for their fanbases, but I think it's necessary that they all do even if they're not official. I think that for Deftones fans especially, there should be a nickname for their fans, just because I definitely feel like being a fan of them would be more special than just being called "Deftones Fans." So does anyone know if the Deftones' fanbase has been given a nickname officially or unofficially, and if not, any suggestions on what to call them? There's so many good themes in their songs that it's hard to pick just one to name the fans after. Any suggestions would be helpful because it would give me a sense of peace knowing that I won't just have to keep saying "Yeah I like listening to Deftones," because I feel like such a fantastic band deserves a good nickname for its fans, and no I don't mean any joke nicknames, like "fags" or "not real music fans" or anything like that. For Chevelle, my friend came up with the fan nickname "Clinchers" named after the song, and i think it really fits. Something along those lines. Thanks

LG95

I could float here forever

mono

Please, don't make this forum another "Deftones Familia Facebook Page", thx.

illthrowROCKS@U

I assume you're talking about something like "Maggots" for Slipknot fans, or "Beliebers" for Bieber fans, etc?

I dunno... Princes for guys and RX Queens for the ladies?

I don't think it's very important, though.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

nicklav

ANattyRat

The EARRRRRTHers. Nah, honestly, I get what you mean, but it's pointless because it's not going to catch on to such an extent that you'll be able to call yourself a ____ and not have to explain that it means you're a Deftones fan. You'll still be calling yourself a Deftones fan.

snw9

The rats! because we have quite a few, especially whenever we have leaks...
Code: [Select]

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: ANattyRat on Dec 06, 2016, 01:07 PM
The EARRRRRTHers. Nah, honestly, I get what you mean, but it's pointless because it's not going to catch on to such an extent that you'll be able to call yourself a ____ and not have to explain that it means you're a Deftones fan. You'll still be calling yourself a Deftones fan.

If you start calling yourself an "Earther," people will think you're a flat earther =P
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

Penicks

Red Pill

BewareTheWater

Ponies

Didn't wanna say " White " Ponies on account of it possibly sounding racist.

Red Pill

gottsu

Aside from things like "Ponies", "Waves" or anything else closely related to the music of Deftones I would propose "Texans/Tejanos" (due to lots of popularity of 'Tones in Texas and band quite dense tours in here) or simply "Latinos" (because a sizable part of Deftones listeners is of Hispanic origin and majority of members of Deftones too).

N0S3BLEED976

sooniletugo

Penicks

Quote from: gottsu on Dec 06, 2016, 10:10 PM
Aside from things like "Ponies", "Waves" or anything else closely related to the music of Deftones I would propose "Texans/Tejanos" (due to lots of popularity of 'Tones in Texas and band quite dense tours in here) or simply "Latinos" (because a sizable part of Deftones listeners is of Hispanic origin and majority of members of Deftones too).

i aint no spic boy

mono

Quote from: gottsu on Dec 06, 2016, 10:10 PM

Seven

TheWaterWarm

Thanks everyone who contributed to my question.  ;D While I did see some very fitting suggestions, and I agree that overall it's not necessary to give Deftones fans a nickname, I feel like the suggestion of Ponies would be the best due to the fact that, even though it's subjective as is everything else, White Pony is quite simply the album that made Deftones who they are today. And I have no hate when I say this, but if this name were to catch on, I'd hope we'd be able to not get the "Ponies" confused with the "Bronies," and I say I have no hate because one of my best friends in high school for the final two years was a Brony, and he was one of the coolest fellow nerds I ever knew, and he wasn't ashamed to display his MLP figure collection in front of the classroom, but he didn't talk about the fact that he was a Brony much at all I don't think, he and I mostly talked about Nintendo, which at this point is pretty much a dying breed, sorta has been since about 10 years ago. But yes, Ponies is definitely a perfect name for us Deftones fans, but I am well aware that it more than likely won't catch on with everyone because not everyone likes labels, and I am okay with that  :)

Penicks