Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Belching Beaver - Phantom Bride IPA

Started by Bifrost, Dec 27, 2016, 10:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bifrost

So I was finally able to try the beer Chino worked on with Belching Beaver Brewery this weekend. I don't live too far from BB and I had gone down there when I first heard about it but they didn't have it. The folks there didn't even seem to know what I was talking about LOL.

So randomly enough, on Christmas morning me and my wife had to go grab some groceries and went into an Albertson's near my house (that we never visit) but since it was the only place open we went and there she was... #christmasmiracle.

And I would say it's pretty damn good. I like IPA's, typically I will drink Double IPA's because I just really like that bitterness - Phantom Bride is West Coast IPA, not too bitter and you can taste some citrus in there but overall I would say it's good. I would drink it regardless of it's connection to the deftones or not. I needed a second opinion so I had a friend try it. He isn't a deftones fan but a big craft beer drinker, so I was interested in his opinion. Normally me and him don't agree on Beers but even he liked it as well.

So not sure if anyone else on here had a chance try it but if there is an Albertson's nearby you go and check it out.

O

Quote from: Bifrost on Dec 27, 2016, 10:01 PM
The folks there didn't even seem to know what I was talking about LOL.
Normal!

BallZDeeP

I used to check the albertsons in wildomar all the time. where do you recommend i go besides all the way down to the brewery?

Bifrost

No clue, I went down to there spot in Vista and they didn't have it, so if you are planning on going down I would call first unless you are local.

I was actually thinking the other day I wanted to buy a couple of bottles again, its pretty good.

Martin

Would love to try it. Don't think it was ever sold this side of the pond.

nineteen

Quote from: Martin on Feb 12, 2017, 12:57 PM
Would love to try it. Don't think it was ever sold this side of the pond.

They had some in London recently I think at Ghost Whale (can't fully remember), presuming you mean this side of the pond?

snw9

Would love to get a six pack here in Canada though
Code: [Select]

BS3