Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

DEFTONES & Rise Against with special guests Thrice

Started by gwenudo, Feb 06, 2017, 01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gwenudo

Quote from: normsteez on Feb 13, 2017, 08:16 PM
I will never see them in a Amphitheater.....needs to be club or I will be missing this one. Glad their still touring though.
I always said the same thing. always loved the vibe from a small venue or club. but when you get a girlfriend that loves deftones but is too short to see anything and really wants to see chino.. you gotta get seats.. now one thing i dont understand is, how can people enjoy lawn tickets... theyre so far back and usually cant see much at all.. so weird. but yes i got seats, because my girlfriend wants to be able to see them.
Was it like it seemed?...

Eros TBA

Three rad bands...they toured with thrice and thursday in 2003

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: gwenudo on Feb 20, 2017, 04:54 PM
Quote from: normsteez on Feb 13, 2017, 08:16 PM
I will never see them in a Amphitheater.....needs to be club or I will be missing this one. Glad their still touring though.
I always said the same thing. always loved the vibe from a small venue or club. but when you get a girlfriend that loves deftones but is too short to see anything and really wants to see chino.. you gotta get seats.. now one thing i dont understand is, how can people enjoy lawn tickets... theyre so far back and usually cant see much at all.. so weird. but yes i got seats, because my girlfriend wants to be able to see them.

I don't mind amphitheaters and other large venues, as long as there's standing only general admission up front. I just don't like seats.

If I can't get GA pit, then I prefer the lawn over seats. All of the large venues with a lawn around me have large TVs. In essence, the view is better from the front of the lawn than from the back of the stands in the seating area.

But really, the "view" is the last of my worries. I like to look at the band, sure, but for me it's about freedom. I feel confined in an assigned seat. I've been to plenty of shows and sat in the seats, and when I want to stand up to dance or jam out I get looks from the people behind me. Once a guy behind me literally said I was ruining the show for everyone behind me because I was standing up and singing. It's a fucking rock show, not an opera!

After that I was done with the seats. I'd rather be in the pit, surrounded by crazy people, or if that's not available I'd ALWAYS prefer the lawn, where I can get up, move around, lay down, jump, dance, sit, whatever, where ever. Fuck seats and their confining ways.

My wife is petite, too. Whenever she goes, we always get lawn seats. Just lay out a blanket, get drunk as fuck, and enjoy music. It's a very chill kind of live show out there on the lawn. To me, that's better than being crammed in a seat.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

defTHE1s

Too bad Rise Against is coming next weeks to Mexico but no Deftones and no Thrice :(

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...