My Early Years

Started by hephty, Feb 20, 2017, 09:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hephty

Quote from: hephty on Apr 27, 2017, 10:58 PM
Quote from: hephty on Feb 20, 2017, 09:31 PM
Orpheus and Eurydice

Orphics

Scholars of the story of Orpheus and Eurydice have likened the return of Eurydice to the land of the living as taking up the 'enlightened life' and the path thereof of seeking good and upright character, learning how to better love. Therefore, the tragic loss of Eurydice a second time by Orpheus, when he turned around to look at her and lost her, could be seen as turning back to your old ways and forever losing yourself to a depraved and miserable lifestyle, lacking signs of true love.

In light of this, the treading on the serpent could be seen as an event in life that causes you to change your ways, and therefor seek to rescue yourself, and Eurydice's return to the upper world as carrying out that new life to fruition and sound relationships.

note: too often couples forget to love each other how they once did, and elevate each other :/

Orpheus and Eurydice is my favorite myth, which I personally relate to drought, but the above is an interpretation. In light of drought and returning to your old ways, it can be symbolized as Eurydice as a flower, and Orpheus as a warm breeze, with drought as the continued returning of heat (old ways; dislike, lack of signs of true love) which caused her to wilt in the first place. :)

hephty

Quote from: hephty on Feb 23, 2017, 08:33 PM
Hephaestus

The Lame One As The Smith

Hephaestus was known as 'The Lame One' as well as 'The Smith,' who created all the thrones of the gods, as well as gifted them with impressive magical items. I believe there is a strong connection here between 'lameness' and 'smithing' in that those who have been through hardships or suffered misfortunes are often the ones who most vehemently seek to help others in similar situations. I propose Hephaestus, having been lame and a reject, sought to better the lives of those around him with inventions that helped them become 'capable' of preforming their tasks, as gods, to do miraculous things.

Red Pill

Quote from: hephty on Apr 28, 2017, 06:10 PM
Quote from: hephty on Feb 23, 2017, 08:33 PM
Hephaestus

The Lame One As The Smith

Hephaestus was known as 'The Lame One' as well as 'The Smith,' who created all the thrones of the gods, as well as gifted them with impressive magical items. I believe there is a strong connection here between 'lameness' and 'smithing' in that those who have been through hardships or suffered misfortunes are often the ones who most vehemently seek to help others in similar situations. I propose Hephaestus, having been lame and a reject, sought to better the lives of those around him with inventions that helped them become 'capable' of preforming their tasks, as gods, to do miraculous things.

Lame = Lame

hephty

thanks! :)
I added a signature that sums up my faith. ;)

Red Pill

Another fail!

"Two wrongs don't make a right."

hephty

Quote from: hephty on Feb 23, 2017, 02:09 PM
Psyche and Pandora's Box

Blessings or curses come from the mind. It depends on how you look at it. ;)

hephty

Quote from: Red Pill on Apr 29, 2017, 08:18 PM
Another fail!

I don't know what your goal is, but this is an appreciation of art.

hephty

Cupid, The Honey Thief

This is considered a comedy, thought to be associated with 'finding entertainment in other people's pain.' For me, it's a legit archetype for being innocent and foolish, which is often what I find funny in my nieces in general, not when they get hurt, who don't have a clear understanding of what they're doing, and the passionate irrationality is often humorous. :)

Red Pill

Quote from: hephty on Apr 29, 2017, 08:45 PM
Quote from: Red Pill on Apr 29, 2017, 08:18 PM
Another fail!

I don't know what your goal is, but this is an appreciation of art.

! No longer available

hephty

ah, yes, free thinkers. i too am one, and am very aware of my surroundings. but i also respect culture, as well as search for practical knowledge wherever it may be. ;)

hephty

You do realize that whole 'battery' thing is a Romantic sentiment of which I'm well versed? The Enlightenment was an age of reason but had the belief that society is a machine, and we as individuals are but parts to further the means of the whole. The issue was that the industrial revolution was using people as a means to further it's own agenda, especially as a business, by telling people they are but 'cogs in a machine.' The entire Romantic movement has underlying tones of fighting this ideal, as well as stressing freedom in 'individuality.'

hephty

edit

hephty

edit

hephty

edit

Red Pill

Quote from: hephty on Apr 30, 2017, 01:23 AM
ah, yes, free thinkers. i too am one, and am very aware of my surroundings. but i also respect culture, as well as search for practical knowledge wherever it may be. ;)
But I also respect culture!
Quote from: hephty on Apr 29, 2017, 08:37 PM
Quote from: hephty on Feb 23, 2017, 02:09 PM
Psyche and Pandora's Box

Blessings or curses come from the mind. It depends on how you look at it. ;)

"It depends on how you look at it. ;)"

http://youtu.be/IFrwz2Bw1iQ
Professor P & DJ Akilles - Michelangelo

hephty

I edited that last bit out because I don't like to discuss my work. ;)

hephty

Sometimes I get misunderstood because I use a lot of juxtaposition and satire, as well as multiple meanings, but I mostly write because I can't not write. :D

Red Pill

Keep going! I see it. But sometimes i dont agree!

The Prodigy

Quote from: hephty on Apr 30, 2017, 07:41 AM
Yeah edited...You're shooting at Zeus...but let's not discuss your work  8)

hephty

Quote from: The Prodigy on Apr 30, 2017, 08:00 PM
Quote from: hephty on Apr 30, 2017, 07:41 AM
Yeah edited...You're shooting at Zeus...but let's not discuss your work  8)
Yeah, 'Rise of the Gods' is nature based, but also highly satirical. :)