Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Why I don't go to Deftones shows anyomore

Started by gotmyknife, Mar 11, 2017, 10:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Cyndicate

Saying someone is arrogant is a compliment. It means you can't argue the point anymore and what to use name calling as a way to devalue my side of thing. It won't work.

When you check on album popularity via days or week, like I originally talking about, Gore would drop down near the bottom. At the end of all of the, Gore will be the forgotten album.

LG95

Quote from: The Prodigy on Apr 01, 2017, 01:51 AM
' even in their 'dips', the standard of their studio work has still been good. '
DE, Gore = bad
Nope, not even close.
I could float here forever

kurtone

I like how this thread turned into the Gore thread and the actual Gore thread turned into Korn vs Deftones.

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: kurtone on Apr 01, 2017, 04:43 PM
I like how this thread turned into the Gore thread and the actual Gore thread turned into Korn vs Deftones.

I don't know why. Gore is good and Deftones are better than Korn.

What's there to debate?  ;D
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

The Prodigy

Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Apr 01, 2017, 05:23 PM

Gore Sucks and Korn are better than Deftones!

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: The Prodigy on Apr 01, 2017, 05:30 PM
Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Apr 01, 2017, 05:23 PM

Gore Sucks and Korn are better than Deftones!

I know you are, but what am I?!
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
3/8/13 - House of Blues
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
5/17/22 - The Anthem

LG95

As if there was any doubt that you're a deeply insane individual, you prove it beyond any shadow of a doubt by saying Korn are better than Deftones.
I could float here forever

The Cyndicate

I use to love KoRn to death but they are no where near the Deftones. Gore is better than any KoRn album in the last 8 years and I hate Gore.

Inkblades

Quote from: The Cyndicate on Mar 31, 2017, 01:28 PM
You even have Chino saying there is nothing to sing about, on one of the freaking songs.

That's just a single line intended to detail the themes of loss and regret on Hearts/Wires. Plus, he sings that there's nothing to sing about, yet he spends the entire album singing about various topics and themes. So, it's meant to be an ironic statement. Kind of like how he sings "still the same song" on Deathblow.

The Prodigy

Quote from: LG95 on Apr 01, 2017, 06:08 PM
As if there was any doubt that you're a deeply insane individual, you prove it beyond any shadow of a doubt by saying Korn are better than Deftones.

Right and gore and the weak diamond eyes are good hahahaha
http://youtu.be/TMbD22UHynw

The Cyndicate

Quote from: Inkblades on Apr 02, 2017, 08:18 AM
Quote from: The Cyndicate on Mar 31, 2017, 01:28 PM
You even have Chino saying there is nothing to sing about, on one of the freaking songs.

That's just a single line intended to detail the themes of loss and regret on Hearts/Wires. Plus, he sings that there's nothing to sing about, yet he spends the entire album singing about various topics and themes. So, it's meant to be an ironic statement. Kind of like how he sings "still the same song" on Deathblow.

I don't agree at all.

I take it literally, because the album lacks alot of the passion and atmosphere of all the other albums.

That line also does not fit in the style or pattern that Chino normally sings and writes in.

Face it, this album is written from other experiences/he took less care writing it and it shows.

He meant that shit.

Like Hideo Kojima can't stand Metal Gear anymore, Chino is sick and bored of the Deftones and THAT is the perfect analogy, because MGS V:TPP was half ass for the same reason.

Plus:

Same old song is about a person's actions.

He says Nothing to sing about: IVE BARED ALL MY LEAVES.

That's as litteral as it gets. He's given all he can give to this shit, he's done.

Red Pill

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: Red Pill on Apr 02, 2017, 03:16 PM
They are in denial...

Or, perhaps, here's a novel idea: we just genuinely like something that you don't. Most children must grow out of Solipsism at some point or another.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
3/8/13 - House of Blues
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
5/17/22 - The Anthem

Inkblades

Quote from: The Cyndicate on Apr 02, 2017, 01:47 PM
I don't agree at all.

I take it literally, because the album lacks alot of the passion and atmosphere of all the other albums.

That line also does not fit in the style or pattern that Chino normally sings and writes in.

Face it, this album is written from other experiences/he took less care writing it and it shows.

He meant that shit.

Like Hideo Kojima can't stand Metal Gear anymore, Chino is sick and bored of the Deftones and THAT is the perfect analogy, because MGS V:TPP was half ass for the same reason.

Plus:

Same old song is about a person's actions.

He says Nothing to sing about: IVE BARED ALL MY LEAVES.

That's as litteral as it gets. He's given all he can give to this shit, he's done.

I agree that it's one of the more obvious lyrics Chino's written. It's not in his usual cryptic style. But I like that on an album of primarily cryptic lyrics, it seems stark and emotionally honest in comparison. It's FAR from being the best lyric he's ever written, sure, but his melancholy delivery makes it work, IMO.

And I'd actually posit that Gore is lyrically his best work since S/T. There's some good lyrics on post-S/T albums, but Gore seems to have some of his more unique material. Take Acid, Geo and Pittura, for instance. They seem to almost be a new lyrical style for him.

And you didn't like Phantom Pain? I never finished it, but I thought that's maybe just because I'm not really into video games like I used to be. It seems like everyone went crazy for it though, so I'm genuinely curious why it didn't work for you.

Red Pill

Inkblades

That's a really well thought-out argument, professor.

Red Pill

Do you want more examples! that and this pretty much sum it up
Quote from: Red Pill on Feb 18, 2017, 02:50 AM
Quote from: The Prodigy on Feb 16, 2017, 07:59 PM
Quote from: musteatbrains on Jan 31, 2017, 02:15 PM
For me, Gore marks a low point in the Deftones career, and I'm not sure if they'll ever bounce back from it.  It sounds like a band trying to do their best Deftones impression between the music and lyrics.  Some songs like Gore and Doomed User are heavy for the sake of being heavy, but in the end not very compelling between bland riffs, strained vocals, and uninspired lyrics.  The whole album in fact is filled with pedestrian lyrics that ultimately say nothing and come off either forced or insipid.  Chino's faltering voice does nothing to push their immediacy leither.  It appears the sedentary, unencumbered life, while making for a happier existence for the band, also makes for a boring performance that serves as merely the fulfillment of a servant obligation enabling the band to tour, get some press, and sell some outrageously-priced yet also uninspired merchandise.  It's a sad state of affairs, but after almost 30 years it's also not that much of a shocker.
This is Gore!

Inkblades

All you do is just keep quoting someone else's post over and over again. Are you completely and utterly incapable of expressing your own thoughts?