Previous topic - Next topic

Red Pill

Which I'm fully entitled to do. And you still dont get it
Quote from: Red Pill on Apr 02, 2017, 06:16 PM
Gore lyrics = basic shit
Quote from: The Cyndicate on Apr 02, 2017, 01:47 PM
Quote from: Inkblades on Apr 02, 2017, 08:18 AM
Quote from: The Cyndicate on Mar 31, 2017, 01:28 PM
You even have Chino saying there is nothing to sing about, on one of the freaking songs.

That's just a single line intended to detail the themes of loss and regret on Hearts/Wires. Plus, he sings that there's nothing to sing about, yet he spends the entire album singing about various topics and themes. So, it's meant to be an ironic statement. Kind of like how he sings "still the same song" on Deathblow.

I don't agree at all.

I take it literally, because the album lacks alot of the passion and atmosphere of all the other albums.

That line also does not fit in the style or pattern that Chino normally sings and writes in.

Face it, this album is written from other experiences/he took less care writing it and it shows.

He meant that shit.

Like Hideo Kojima can't stand Metal Gear anymore, Chino is sick and bored of the Deftones and THAT is the perfect analogy, because MGS V:TPP was half ass for the same reason.

Plus:

Same old song is about a person's actions.

He says Nothing to sing about: IVE BARED ALL MY LEAVES.

That's as litteral as it gets. He's given all he can give to this shit, he's done.

Quote from: Red Pill on Apr 02, 2017, 06:46 PM
Do you want more examples! that and this pretty much sum it up
Quote from: Red Pill on Feb 18, 2017, 02:50 AM
Quote from: The Prodigy on Feb 16, 2017, 07:59 PM
Quote from: musteatbrains on Jan 31, 2017, 02:15 PM
For me, Gore marks a low point in the Deftones career, and I'm not sure if they'll ever bounce back from it.  It sounds like a band trying to do their best Deftones impression between the music and lyrics.  Some songs like Gore and Doomed User are heavy for the sake of being heavy, but in the end not very compelling between bland riffs, strained vocals, and uninspired lyrics.  The whole album in fact is filled with pedestrian lyrics that ultimately say nothing and come off either forced or insipid.  Chino's faltering voice does nothing to push their immediacy leither.  It appears the sedentary, unencumbered life, while making for a happier existence for the band, also makes for a boring performance that serves as merely the fulfillment of a servant obligation enabling the band to tour, get some press, and sell some outrageously-priced yet also uninspired merchandise.  It's a sad state of affairs, but after almost 30 years it's also not that much of a shocker.
This is Gore!

Inkblades

Yes, you are fully entitled to be completely and utterly incapable of expressing your own thoughts. That doesn't mean it's a good thing, though.

Red Pill

Quote from: Inkblades on Apr 02, 2017, 07:08 PM
Yes, you are fully entitled to be completely and utterly incapable of expressing your own thoughts. That doesn't mean it's a good thing, though.
Don't put your pig words in my mouth
...  I'm fully entitled to quote others person opinion. Gore lyrics still suck!

Inkblades

Yeah, you can do whatever you want. In fact, keep doing it. Continually re-quoting a post when someone engages you in a debate just because you're too lazy and stupid to offer your own counter-arguments beyond repetitive trivialities is quite hilarious. Respond to this with another quote, in fact.

I don't agree with everything TheCyndicate is saying, but at least he's offering a strong, thought-out argument. Can't say the same for you, but I guess not everyone has a capacity for logical thought.

And look, you don't like the lyrics on Gore? Fine. But both you and I know your dumb ass could never write something as poetic as Acid Hologram.

Red Pill

You are right retard! I can quote and i can reply as i want, if i want it... I will not waste time with a lame lazy fan boy retard as you, musteatbrains pretty much sum it up and you still think acid hologram or the album have good lyrics...why should i give a fuck about what you think!

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: Inkblades on Apr 02, 2017, 07:44 PM
And look, you don't like the lyrics on Gore? Fine. But both you and I know your dumb ass could never write something as poetic as Acid Hologram.

No, but I bet he could quote it really well and call everyone else a "retard." He's very good at that. The best.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

Inkblades

The last song you posted in the "What song are you listening to?" thread is Bad and Boujee by Migos. I'm not going to quote the entire thing because it goes on for WAY too long, but here are some sample lyrics.

"Offset, whoo, whoo, whoo, whoo, whoo!
Rackaids on rackaids, got back-ends on back-ends
I'm ridin' around in a coupe (coupe)
I take your bih right from you (You)
Bitch I'm a dog, roof (grr)
Beat the hoe walls loose (hey)
Hop in the frog, whoo (skrt)
I tell that bih to come comfort me (comfort me)"

Let's compare and contrast that to the Acid Hologram lyrics:

"In the haze of your light
We bathe and wane
You've surrounded our hearts again

You smother me in shapes, in a secret praxis
You've shown me your charms
Revealed your name
Blow the clouds from your mouth again
And smother me in shapes
You'll reveal your secret side

[Chorus]
Your light will fade and our hearts will sync in time
Your disguise will shift and reverse

[Verse 2]
In the wake of your plume
We bathe and drink
You remind me of her again
Smother me in shapes
And reveal your secret side

[Chorus]
Your life will fade, and our hearts will sync in time

In time your light will fade
And our hearts will sync in time
In time your light will fade
And our hearts will sync in time
Your disguise will shift and reverse"

YUP I TAKE YOUR BIH RIGHT FRUM YOO BITCH IM A DOG ROOF GRRR IZ BETTUR LYRACZ DAN CHEENO CUZ CHEENO SAID MEAN THINGZ ABOUT DA WHOLEY TRIO OF DAVIZ, DERST AND BENNINTANZ DEEEERRRRP

Inkblades

Oh, shit. I might have seriously just turned this thread into a Deftones vs Migos argument. I immediately regret this course of action.

illthrowROCKS@U

Red Pill, The Prodigy, and Seven are about as close to message board cancer as you can possibly get. I'll never understand people who intentionally go around being negative and insulting other people, most of the time for no reason at all. I'll never understand why some people seem to get off on being assholes.

I'm still unconvinced that any of them is 100% serious. They have got to be trolls. I just really have a hard time fathoming real human beings with such cancerous personalities.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
3/8/13 - House of Blues
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
5/17/22 - The Anthem

Red Pill

Funny when the tards dont have a logical response to the posts exposing how lame Gore IS! They say, you only quote! It's like when the judge ask for evidence and you show him... Lol do you think, i will waste time with trolls when people show you evidence, and you deny it... pls dont be pathetic comparing migos with deftones! Gore lyrics suck!

Inkblades

Why shouldn't I compare them? Because Migos suck dick? Okay, agreed. Glad we straightened that out. Cool. I'll stick with Gore and you can stick with your garbage hipster mumble rap and dated nu-metal.

Lol, and musteatbrains didn't expose shit. He offered a couple of decent arguments related to his opinon, but certainly nothing conclusive. First off, he mentions Gore (the song) and Doomed User as being heavy for the sake of being heavy. I agree, but those my two least favorite songs on the album anyway. He completely fails to mention all of the good songs on the album, with P/T, AH, GH, H/W, L(MIRL) and Rubicon being the six best. Bad production (fuckin' Matt Hyde, I swear), I grant you, but look past that. The actual songwriting on those songs are great. The melodies are great.

Then he criticizes the lyrics...well, I ask in return, what are better lyrics in comparison to, say, the AH lyrics I just posted? "She breaks her horses OOoooOooooOOOoooOOoooO?" Or how about "ooOOooOOOooOOOOH I wish this night would never end!" Please give me a break.

We don't have a logical response? I responded to TheCyndicate's admittedly well-thought out response with a response of my own. What's your response? To keep posting the same shit over and over with the fucking vocabulary of a ten-year-old boy playing Counterstrike for the first time. You've offered no evidence besides quoting others because you are literally incapable of articulating your own thoughts beyond petty insults. I, on the other hand, keep my insults on some clever shit.

Red Pill

Clever shit hahahaha.... Retard...
Both of them see the obvious though. The band is dead... Forced and weak lyrics... If you fail to see it, you are in denial...

illthrowROCKS@U

If only Chino would learn from the lyrical master, Fred Durst.

"Pay me no mind, I seen the Fight Club, About 28 times, And I'm a keep my pants sagging"

"I thank God, mom & dad, Adriana, the sky, for the love I feel inside, Jordan, my phat ass band, Without 'em I'd be nothin' but a pumpkin shoved inside a can"

"When I walk out on stage, All headaches go away, Got the back from the sickest road crew, Chris and Bobby for sticking to it, Sugar Ray taught me life was all about drinking"

"'Cuz now it's time to pay the piper, Bums are the type of sh-t that's in a diaper, Don't make me have to call a sniper, And wipe your brains off my windshield wiper you dirty bug"
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
3/8/13 - House of Blues
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
5/17/22 - The Anthem

Inkblades

You think the band is dead, yet you AND Korn still desperately want to see Korn and Deftones tour together. Five years ago, Korn handed Deftones an award for best album of the year (not even for my favorite Deftones album, but the point remains). That's never going to be the other way around. Deftones will NEVER hand Korn an award for best album and it makes you and Korn's wittle feewings so huwt. Deftones don't give a flying fuck about touring with Korn and it makes your soul burn. Hahaha! Get over it, you little nu-metal queen.

Also, you're telling me Gore has weak lyrics, then go posting fucking Migos videos. Because that ignorant bullshit has such fantastic lyrics. You are mind-meltingly stupid, but fantastically so. Congrats, stupid.

This is basically you in a nutshell:

! No longer available

Inkblades

Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Apr 02, 2017, 09:33 PM
"Pay me no mind, I seen the Fight Club, About 28 times, And I'm a keep my pants sagging"

XD Fuck, did he have to attach his massive suckage to every single thing that didn't suck? He's like "Well, I suck, so I'll give props to things that don't suck so they suck as much as me!"

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: Inkblades on Apr 02, 2017, 09:40 PM
"Well, I suck, so I'll give props to things that don't suck so they suck as much as me!"

Much in the same way that people like Red Pill come to a Deftones fan forum, some people just like to drag everything down to their sad, mentally stunted, level.

That video you posted, by the way, is pretty much exactly how I imagine him. I have never seen that video before, and yet it's remarkably similar to what I had already envisioned Red Pill to be like.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
3/8/13 - House of Blues
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
5/17/22 - The Anthem

illthrowROCKS@U

Oh shit, I knew that voice and animation style looked familiar. Is that David Firth?! I fucking love him.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
3/8/13 - House of Blues
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
5/17/22 - The Anthem

Red Pill

Quote from: Inkblades on Apr 02, 2017, 09:40 PM
Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Apr 02, 2017, 09:33 PM

XD Fuck, did he have to attach his massive suckage to every single thing that didn't suck? He's like "Well, I suck, so I'll give props to things that don't suck so they suck as much as me!"
Stupid fuck Fred Durst it's in the game Fight Club, stop hating nu metal just because chino is bitter! I don't give a fuck about deftones touring with korn... deftones and the weak setlists are boring...what happened to deftones

Inkblades

ROFFFFFFFFL @ the game Fight Club. This kid is priceless.

Like, seriously...who gives props to the Fight Club video game?

Inkblades

Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Apr 02, 2017, 09:46 PM
Oh shit, I knew that voice and animation style looked familiar. Is that David Firth?! I fucking love him.

Yup! His stuff is hilarious.