Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

What do you think the most underrated aspect of Deftones is?

Started by LG95, Apr 13, 2017, 07:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LG95

I was thinking about this the other day and I'd be interested to read what other people think.

I don't know if it's the most underrated aspect of Deftones but I think they're great at nailing the aesthetic of an album with their artwork. There's something powerful about choosing a fairly simple image to present your album with and I think, with the exception of Diamond Eyes (which is too plain IMO), they always do album covers really well.
I could float here forever

BewareTheWater

Every single song that's not " Change ( In The House Of Flies ) " is not only underrated, but unrecognized by the general public.

Penicks

they make their best music when all's not good in the hood

illthrowROCKS@U

9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

Red Pill

DE,KNY,s/t,Gore = overrated
Wp,atf,snw,Adrenaline = They are ok, MTV and radio plays... Maybe the most underrated aspect is Frank delgado. Chino says he's nothing in the band.

BewareTheWater

Quote from: Red Pill on Apr 14, 2017, 04:30 PM
DE,KNY,s/t,Gore = overrated
Wp,atf,snw,Adrenaline = They are ok, MTV and radio plays... Maybe the most underrated aspect is Frank delgado. Chino says he's nothing in the band.
What a fan...  ::)

N0S3BLEED976

Red Pill

Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Apr 14, 2017, 05:29 PM
Quote from: Red Pill on Apr 14, 2017, 04:30 PM
Chino says he's nothing in the band.

Where and when did he say that?  ::)

Recently... I read it here on sharinglungs too... Some fan even made fun of the situation

::)

BillyNo.9

Inkblades

He never said Frank is nothing, obviously. What he did say in an interview was he wanted to do a stripped down album and made it sound like Frank wouldn't have a part on it. I guess he thinks it would get them back to a more Adrenaline/ATF type of sound? It's a stupid idea, but he was probably talking just to talk. Kind of like what Red Pill does on this board all the time.

I have to think about the question at hand a little. I just think they are underrated in general.

LG95

So Red Pill's on the fan forum of a band who he have released eight albums, half of which he doesn't like and half of which he thinks are merely "ok".

Your funniest troll yet, Red Pill.

Red Pill

Quote from: LG95 on Apr 14, 2017, 06:04 PM
So Red Pill's on the fan forum of a band who he have released eight albums, half of which he doesn't like and half of which he thinks are merely "ok".

Your funniest troll yet, Red Pill.

No, you are a troll. Half of which are overrated the others are ok. They aren't overrated or underrated!

LG95

nicklav

Abe's drumming. He should be in the same conversation as some of the greats.

nicklav

Quote from: Penicks on Apr 14, 2017, 02:18 AM

Most definitely, with the exception of ATF which I've always thought was made during good times.

LG95

Quote from: Penicks on Apr 14, 2017, 02:18 AM
I think it's probably truer to say that their live performances are better or at their most intense when things aren't going smoothly between them.

Hinojos

Hardcore fans know this, but to everybody else I think their lyrics are very underrated.

Anyone can listen to some of their songs and say that it "sounds cool/okay," but if they were to actually sit down, crank the volume up and read along with the lyrics, in my opinion they will be pleasantly surprised at how deep/vague/relatable Deftones actually are.

ZND84