Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Diamond Eyes era.

Started by Gnosticality, May 05, 2017, 03:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gnosticality

It'd be sick to see Chino get in shape and such like he did during this time-frame, when shit was hella' nostalgic of the "ATF" era.

This subject is probably like beating a dead-horse by now. But, I digress.

BewareTheWater

I agree, he looked rather healthy in those days. Idk how someone can stay chubby with all that cardio he gets from running and jumping around on stage, lol

snw9

Quote from: BewareTheWater on May 05, 2017, 04:10 PM
I agree, he looked rather healthy in those days. Idk how someone can stay chubby with all that cardio he gets from running and jumping around on stage, lol

Age I suppose people change over time, what matters is his voice is still going strong.
Code: [Select]

ANattyRat

Yeah, I guess so. But his voice still sounds awesome and he's still energetic onstage, so that's what matters.

Gnosticality

Yeah, you guys are absolutely right. His voice is the greatest its ever been, so there's that.

I usually don't give a fuck about weight or appearance so much, but I'm just SO used to him being thin, lol. In my head, what he looked like earlier on is just what I know him as. So it throws me off.

Gnosticality

Quote from: BewareTheWater on May 05, 2017, 04:10 PM

I second this. He's probably just ruthless with the grub again, lmao. Along with excess beer.

Like duuuuude, look at his fucking energy in this. I want it back:

! No longer available

BewareTheWater

He reminded me of Nathan Drake in the Uncharted video game series back in that era.

I'm probably the only one to whom that concept makes any sense.

illthrowROCKS@U

He looks fine to me. I mean, he's not as bad as he was in the late-ST/SNW era or anything. Dude's in his 40's now, it happens to the best of us.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

Inkblades

I assume it's not easy staying fit while on the road, even with the workout during their sets. The options they have for food is probably either takeout or restaurants.

BewareTheWater

That's a very good point as well. Plus, Stef's always gotta get food for the munchies, lol

Gnosticality

Very truthful points here, haha. Like I said, he doesn't look BADDDD. I can just tell he hasn't fully been his "Real self" in the weight-arena, lol.

Just turned on these performances from their Alexandra Palace performance, tho. Fucking awesome.

! No longer available

The Prodigy

Quote from: Gnosticality on May 05, 2017, 03:45 PM
It'd be sick to see Chino get in shape and such like he did during this time-frame, when shit was hella' nostalgic of the "ATF" era.

I agree! Now we even see the fatty chino and his broken-foot!

Gnosticality

Quote from: The Prodigy on May 06, 2017, 10:35 PM
Quote from: Gnosticality on May 05, 2017, 03:45 PM

I agree! Now we even see the fatty chino and his broken-foot!

LOL. Legendary as hell, playing with a broken bone. Metal.

The Prodigy

Lol, it's not legendary, fatty Chino you on your last leg. Lmfao

BewareTheWater

Stfu Red Prodigy. Or The Pill. Oh , wait, you're supposedly not the same person...  ::)

ANattyRat

Quote from: The Prodigy on May 07, 2017, 02:07 AM

You can insult Chino and the other guys all day long if you want, but they're making music for a living, travelling all over the world and getting to play their songs to countless people. While you sit here on a forum with (as of now) 323 posts complaining about their music, their shows and Chino's weight. What a winner...lol.

The Prodigy

Quote from: ANattyRat on May 07, 2017, 02:38 AM
Quote from: The Prodigy on May 07, 2017, 02:07 AM

You can insult Chino and the other guys all day long if you want, but they're making music for a living, travelling all over the world and getting to play their songs to countless people. While you sit here on a forum with (as of now) 323 posts complaining about their music, their shows and Chino's weight. What a winner...lol.

U know it rat! #win 8)

Knucklestones

Speaking of DE era, whatever happened to those pics of Chino with the owl? Those were cool.

Vesanic

Funny this thread popped up, I uploaded this DE era vid, 2 cam edit I made, the other day. I hadn't realized how good these performances could be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8-yd3II-wI

snw9

Quote from: Knucklestones on May 07, 2017, 06:23 PM
Speaking of DE era, whatever happened to those pics of Chino with the owl? Those were cool.

He got a flamingo now!
Code: [Select]