Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Why Deftones didnt play at Woodstock 99?

Started by snw9, May 09, 2017, 03:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vesanic

How is it obvious? The song is most likely about a frontman who knows him well, but Fred accuses the guy of being a copycat and a wannabe. Deftones were touring way before Limp Bizkit had their first rehearsals. Adrenaline was out before Counterfeit. And Around the Fur came out after.

You could easily think it's about Chino but if you think a bit longer, it's very unlikely.

The Prodigy

Limp Bizkit - Counterfeit (Chino Moreno diss) Easy... Obvious! The butthurt comments chino makes about LB...haha
The way chino thinks deftones is so artsy and has nothing to do with nu-metal, and try to change his style... Only ONE deaf dumb and blind person can't see it... Chino even interpret the person on the vídeo! Lolz

Vesanic

You're aware it's not Chino, right? I don't see him in the Counterfeit video.

The Prodigy

Search for the second version! There is 3 videos for that song! 2 with Chino!

Inkblades

He's in the Counterfeit remix video. He comes in about a minute into the video:

! No longer available

And The Prodigy, you're just desperately grasping at straws at this point. Counterfeit came out in 97. How could it be about Chino's comments, which were in the 2003 S/T-era? Are you saying Fred Durst is some sort of mystic who could see into the future? "Six years from now, Chino is going to say I ripped off his band. I better write a song about him ripping me off now in 1997 to beat him to the chase!"

Counterfeit is not about Chino. This was the same era when Deftones were taking Limp Bizkit on tour. And if it was about him, then that would be a huge bitch move on Durst's part to sneak diss Chino while they toured together and brought Durst on stage for DT songs.

And it would make no sense for Durst to say Chino is copying him, because for the zillionth time, Deftones came before Limp Bizkit and were a huge influence on them. LB would not exist without Deftones.

You have a really bizarre obsession with what Chino said about these bands like 15 years ago. Why do you keep dwelling on the same thing he said from a fucking eternity ago? Let it go, man. It's 2017. Not 2003. It seems to have really hurt your feelings - even more than the actual bands he insulted. Durst let it go...back when Chino said it in 2003.

And explain this to me...how come Chino's comments about Durst HAUNT you, but you have no problem with Eminem (I'm assuming you're a fan, being that he's your avatar) and his VICIOUS diss track to Limp Bizkit? What he said about Durst was much more mean-spirited than some offhanded Chino interview.

The Prodigy

Lol... How could it be about Chino's comments? Wtf the song IS just a diss to him ... Dude... Obvious! Then comes the butthurt comments chino makes about LB...haha. Lolz.... The way chino thinks deftones is so artsy and has nothing to do with nu-metal, and try to change his style... Only ONE deaf dumb and blind person can't see it... Chino even interpret the person on the vídeo! Haha
http://youtu.be/drj_EhQXVl0
Limp Bizkit - Counterfeit (Second Official Version)

! No longer available
Limp Bizkit - Counterfeit (Lethal Dose Extreme Guitar Mix)

Inkblades

I think we're getting to the heart of your problem here. You aren't really mad at Chino's comments about Durst (that's why you completely ignored my Eminem question). You're just mad that Deftones aren't nu-metal anymore. This is abundantly clear. You're mad as FUCK that they took a left turn at White Pony and never looked back.

In that case - let Deftones go. There are plenty of other bands you clearly enjoy more, so go enjoy them. How long are you just going to sit around here making the same complaints over and over again? We get it already, man. You've made your point. This shit is just repetitive now. You're pissed at Chino because he doesn't make songs like 7 Words anymore (lol). We read you loud and clear.

Deftones aren't for you anymore. Clearly they haven't been for you for a long time. So, go fuck with some bands that are more to your liking and leave us in peace.

The Prodigy

No, I'm talking about lb and chino ... And you as always... Post your comments... I read your assumptions, I log in to reply and you already edited your assumptions... Dude i'm talking with others... And you always come...So, go fuck with some guys that are more to your liking and leave me in peace.

Inkblades

No assumptions. I'm reiterating what you just said. Don't dodge it now. Here, I'll refresh your memory:

Quote from: The Prodigy on May 21, 2017, 12:28 AM
The way chino thinks deftones is so artsy and has nothing to do with nu-metal, and try to change his style... 

Those are you words, man. Not mine. I'm just reiterating/rephrasing what you said. You think Deftones are too "artsy" for you and not nu-metal enough anymore. Cool. I suggest you and your friends (if they aren't all just different usernames you have, that is) leave this board and go find a place where you can talk about bands you like more.

And me editing my comments is just to fix typos because I can be a verbose writer. It was always the same point, which is YOUR point. You don't like Deftones anymore because they aren't nu-metal. I'll say it again: give them up. They aren't for you anymore. How long are you going to bitch and moan about the same thing over and over again?

That's why you're still ducking the Eminem question. But you're doing so because this isn't about Chino insulting LB, as Eminem did in a much more severe fashion. You're just upset with Chino because he doesn't cater to the type of music you expect from him.

The Prodigy

Quote from: Inkblades on May 21, 2017, 01:23 AM
No assumptions. I'm reiterating what you just said. Don't dodge it now. Here, I'll refresh your memory:

The way chino thinks deftones is so artsy and has nothing to do with nu-metal, and try to change his style... 

And me editing my comments is just to fix typos because I can be a verbose writer. It was always the same point, which is YOUR point. You don't like Deftones anymore because they aren't nu-metal anymore. I'll say it again: give them up. They aren't for you. How long are you going to bitch and moan about the same thing over and over again?

Assumption...

That's why you're still ducking the Eminem question. But you're doing so because this isn't about Chino insulting LB, as Eminem did in a much more severe fashion. You're just upset with Chino because he doesn't cater to the type of music you expect from him.
Assumption...

You're annoying as fuck ... i'm sick of you too, if you are upset leave it, So, go fuck with some guys that are more to your liking and leave !

Vesanic

What's obvious is how hard you try to make your point sound valid without demonstrating anything to back it up.

Inkblades

Yeah, classic example of someone who has repeatedly lost an argument. No counterpoints, barely coherent and just saying the same phrase over and over.

And I AM fucking with guys more to my liking. Deftones. This is a Deftones board. They are my favorite band. That's why I'm here. Why else I would be here?

The Prodigy

Quote from: Vesanic on May 21, 2017, 01:42 AM
What's obvious is how hard you try to make your point sound valid without demonstrating anything to back it up.

Lol moron ... 4 u! Ex:

Posted by: Vesanic
« on: Today at 06:08 PM »

'You're aware it's not Chino, right? I don't see him in the Counterfeit vídeo'

The Prodigy

Lol... How could it be about Chino's comments? Wtf the song IS just a diss to him ... Dude... Obvious! Then comes the butthurt comments chino makes about LB...haha. Lolz.... The way chino thinks deftones is so artsy and has nothing to do with nu-metal, and try to change his style... Only ONE deaf dumb and blind person can't see it... Chino even interpret the person on the vídeo! Haha
http://youtu.be/drj_EhQXVl0
Limp Bizkit - Counterfeit (Second Official Version)

! No longer available
Limp Bizkit - Counterfeit (Lethal Dose Extreme Guitar Mix)

Inkblades

I take back saying that you're barely coherent. You're just flat out incoherent.

The Prodigy

Quote from: Inkblades on May 21, 2017, 01:53 AM
I take back saying that you're barely coherent. You're just flat out incoherent.
You're contrary to all reason or common sense! Laughably foolish or false, just absurd!

Vesanic

Quote from: The Prodigy on May 21, 2017, 01:51 AM
Chino even interpret the person on the vídeo! Haha

"Yo Chino I just wrote this song about people copying my sound, do you want to appear in our video? We need you to lose to a card game against me"

"Yeah sure Fred"

Does that make sense to you, Chino accepting to be in a video for a song where he's dissed? He probably accepted because they knew each other, wanted to be supportive and also, the song is not about him. Wes Borland said this about the song meaning

Quote from: Wes Borland"They saw this little thing we built [...] and they were like, 'Oh, let's get baggy pants and dress like kind of hip-hoppy and, you know, play heavy metal and rap.' [...] five or six bands just popped up out of nowhere that became these, you know, groups that were trying to sound like us. It was ridiculous. That's where the song 'Counterfeit' came from."

He talks about bands that popped up out of nowhere. At the time, Deftones had released Adrenaline and toured it to the core, and had a major audience credit for a new band. They were almost set in the circuit. They were "wearing baggy pants, playing heavy metal and rap" literally a couple of years before it was a thing. The Adrenaline songs including rap were written and performed before LB had their first demo handed to Fieldy. It's nothing close to what Wes said.

Apart from Chino being in the video for ten seconds total, what makes you think the song is about him?

The Prodigy

Quote from: Vesanic on May 21, 2017, 02:21 AM
Quote from: The Prodigy on May 21, 2017, 01:51 AM
Chino even interpret the person on the vídeo! Haha

"Yo Chino I just wrote this song about people copying my sound, do you want to appear in our video? We need you to lose to a card game against me"

"Yeah sure Fred"

Does that make sense to you, Chino accepting to be in a video for a song where he's dissed? He probably accepted because they knew each other, wanted to be supportive and also, the song is not about him. Wes Borland said this about the song meaning

Quote from: Wes Borland"They saw this little thing we built [...] and they were like, 'Oh, let's get baggy pants and dress like kind of hip-hoppy and, you know, play heavy metal and rap.' [...] five or six bands just popped up out of nowhere that became these, you know, groups that were trying to sound like us. It was ridiculous. That's where the song 'Counterfeit' came from."

He talks about bands that popped up out of nowhere. At the time, Deftones had released Adrenaline and toured it to the core, and had a major audience credit for a new band. They were almost set in the circuit. They were "wearing baggy pants, playing heavy metal and rap" literally a couple of years before it was a thing. The Adrenaline songs including rap were written and performed before LB had their first demo handed to Fieldy. It's nothing close to what Wes said.

Apart from Chino being in the video for ten seconds total, what makes you think the song is about him?

Man as a Ex, when eminem do a feat, Eminem Disses all of em in their own song. He does this with most of his collaborations, just disses people right on their own song. Just search on YouTube about it ... Man for fucks sake, you are a chino fan ... you know the silly shit chino said about nu-metal, lb, korn. Just read the lyrics!

Inkblades

This goes well beyond Eminem doing a feature collabo where he's joking/fucking around. He specifically put out a Limp Bizkit diss track and basically destroyed them (although I personally think the song is a little corny - he's made better diss songs). Regardless, he was much more brutal in saying Fred ripped off his style than Chino making an offhanded comment in an interview from damn near fifteen years ago.

! No longer available

! No longer available

And as said before, Counterfeit being about Chino is something that solely exists in your delusional mind. In other words, that shit straight duck tales. Fred is an ADMITTED Deftones stan as has been proven time and time again. He worships Chino. I even saw an interview with Fred where he shouted out Team Sleep. And even after Chino basically spoke the truth, Fred didn't seem to be insulted and actually defended Chino for saying it. He didn't take offense to it because he knew Chino was speaking FACT. He knows in his heart of hearts that Limp Bizkit wouldn't exist without Deftones.

But let's say hypothetically Counterfeit WAS about Chino. That would just make Fred a phony. Why would he be out here wearing Deftones shirts and gushing about how much Deftones music touches him emotionally after he sneak dissed Chino on a song? Fuck outta here.

snw9

Fred Durst wearing a Diamond Eyes T-shirt in this interview (0:46)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btQd__7kcPc

I suppose he still have some love ;)
Code: [Select]