Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Why Deftones didnt play at Woodstock 99?

Started by snw9, May 09, 2017, 03:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Prodigy

Quote from: Inkblades on May 23, 2017, 04:24 AM
You and Chester are the only hypersensitive little bitches here. I'm not offended by what he said (you're clearly much more offended by Chino's old comments that weren't even a big deal, because it's all you ever talk about). I find Chester's comments more laughable and just embarrassing for him. This twerpy little pop singer talking about he's going to beat up his fans because they don't like his new direction is just ridiculous, especially considering that he looks like he couldn't win a fight against a grade schooler.

And him donating to charities doesn't change the fact that what he said is stupid and bitchy.

Ok. Definitely you are a moron!
It's not about if the fan don't like his new direction ...

"If you're gonna be the person who says like 'they made a marketing decision to make this kind of record to make money' you can fucking meet me outside and I will punch you in your fucking mouth because that is the wrong fucking answer. You're a fucking pussy."

Chester says that for the morons! He's right! Obviously... It's not about the money !

Red Pill

Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on May 23, 2017, 10:16 AM
Quote from: The Prodigy on May 22, 2017, 08:50 PM
Someone ban this butthurt fish! For fucks sake!

SOmeOnE BAn tHis BuTthUrT FisH! foR FUCks SaKE!

So Gore=Best Deftones album... and now!

Vesanic

LG95

Quote from: The Prodigy on May 23, 2017, 03:14 PM
Quote from: Inkblades on May 23, 2017, 04:24 AM
You and Chester are the only hypersensitive little bitches here. I'm not offended by what he said (you're clearly much more offended by Chino's old comments that weren't even a big deal, because it's all you ever talk about). I find Chester's comments more laughable and just embarrassing for him. This twerpy little pop singer talking about he's going to beat up his fans because they don't like his new direction is just ridiculous, especially considering that he looks like he couldn't win a fight against a grade schooler.

And him donating to charities doesn't change the fact that what he said is stupid and bitchy.

Ok. Definitely you are a moron!
It's not about if the fan don't like his new direction ...

"If you're gonna be the person who says like 'they made a marketing decision to make this kind of record to make money' you can fucking meet me outside and I will punch you in your fucking mouth because that is the wrong fucking answer. You're a fucking pussy."

Chester says that for the morons! He's right! Obviously... It's not about the money !
It's true. Nobody can make an album as terrible as the new one and think it would be a smash hit.
I could float here forever

The Prodigy

Quote from: The Prodigy on May 23, 2017, 03:49 AM
Nah ... He only said "If you're gonna be the person who says like 'they made a marketing decision to make this kind of record to make money' you can fucking meet me outside and I will punch you in your fucking mouth because that is the wrong fucking answer. You're a fucking pussy."

If you are offended by this... You are a hypersensitive little bitch. The linkin park are cool guys, Linkin Park has helped raise money to benefit victims of Hurricane Charley in 2004 and Hurricane Katrina in 2005.

They also helped relief efforts for the 2004 Tsunami victims by staging several charity concerts, and setting up an additional fund called Music for Relief.
Linkin Park has supported the following charities listed

ACT Today!
Aid Still Required
American Forests
City of Hope
Friends and Helpers Foundation
GRAMMY Foundation
Green Music Group
Habitat For Humanity
International Medical Corps
LIFEbeat

Live Earth
Los Angeles Youth Network
Make-A-Wish Foundation
MusiCares
Music for Relief
Surfrider Foundation
The HollyRod Foundation
United Nations Foundation
Unite The United
Etc...

darkomilicic

Inkblades

If fans of a band say that band sold out with their new album, then it's safe to say said fans don't like the direction of that new album. Stop confounding something that is as clear as day, you double talking dickhead.

kurtone

I couldn't believe this thread had made it to five pages. But after reading through it, I'm glad it did. Highly entertaining.

The Prodigy

Quote from: Inkblades on May 23, 2017, 08:42 PM
If fans of a band say that band sold out with their new album, then it's safe to say said fans don't like the direction of that new album. Stop confounding something that is as clear as day, you double talking dickhead.

Nah, points of view!

defTHE1s

Quote from: snw9 on May 23, 2017, 02:07 AM
Quote from: defTHE1s on May 22, 2017, 08:36 PM
Quote from: Vesanic on May 20, 2017, 07:08 PM
Or maybe if Wes and Stef riffed together.
Only this.
Wes is awesome and his band, Black Light Burns is really good.

Wes's work on unquestionable truth was amazing.
Haven't heard that, guess I'm gonna give it a try soon.

;D ;D ;D

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

Vesanic

Quote from: defTHE1s on May 24, 2017, 08:25 PM

This x1000. TUTP1 and Three Dollar Bill Y'All are the main reasons that make me respect Limp Bizkit as a band.

Red Pill

Lmfao wtf!!!
Only this.

;D ;D ;D

snw9

Only this.

You won't regret it  :)
Code: [Select]

snw9

Quote from: Vesanic on May 24, 2017, 10:55 PM

This x1000. TUTP1 and Three Dollar Bill Y'All are the main reasons that make me respect Limp Bizkit as a band.

Right on. Wes has talent, if only he played with a more mature singer or if Limp Bizkit drop their trashy style and go back to their roots or TUTP1; they'd be better off.
Code: [Select]

illthrowROCKS@U

Yeah, I guess my problem with Limp Bizkit was always Durst. His vocal style and the lyrics he writes are pure shit.

But the instrumentals are pretty cool.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

Seven

Quote from: snw9 on May 27, 2017, 01:58 AM
Quote from: Vesanic on May 24, 2017, 10:55 PM

Right on. Wes has talent, if only he played with a more mature singer or if Limp Bizkit drop their trashy style and go back to their roots or TUTP1; they'd be better off.
I think Fred is mature, and i love "significant other" and "Chocolate Starfish and the Hot Dog Flavored Water  "
Obviously, my tastes grew beyond that (though I still love that album). I got into some Korn, things like that; stuff with great grooves. Even after that came some stuff that would stay with me to this day. I heard Metallica early, and was subsequently addicted to them for years after. Rage Against The Machine set a standard for hip-hop influenced music in my world. And this is all because of nu-metal. Without giving hybrid theory a try long years ago , I'd still probably be listening to my parents' bon jovi and Aerosmith albums until I made myself sick from it. But I grew from it; if it wasn't for the likes of "Children of the Korn" and "All in the Family," I probably wouldn't've gotten into hip-hop as fast.

truthaddict

Weren't there like 30+ rapes that occurred during the concert?  Probably best that they were not associated...

The Cyndicate

Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on May 10, 2017, 06:32 PM
People are weird. I don't understand rioting at a festival... Why?

I mean, rioting for some political reason is at least understandable (if occasionally for misguided reasons). But why destroy shit at a festival?? What's the purpose?

Because a bottle of water was like 15 bucks and a hotdog was 20. People were fed up. Blame greed.

The Cyndicate

Quote from: people are people on Jun 23, 2017, 04:37 AM
http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=2468

Korn played "Daddy" for me and a friend of mine @ the UCF "Arena" in Orlando Florida, during sound check earlier in the day.
We were all on this tour, it was Limp Bizkit's first show/tour I believe. It was before their first album. Anyway, I went out and bought all of the beer. They asked me what they should play for soundcheck and I said "Daddy". I laughed about it and said I didn't really care. However, they got up on the stage, and played Daddy, right there in front of my friend Billy and I, and maybe 2 or 3 security staff.