Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

US Setlist vs UK setlist....wtf

Started by damani311, Jun 14, 2017, 09:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

damani311

Not really sure what to think....

UK got all sorts of randomness/bustouts (Teething!) and so far they're 5 shows into the US tour and its the exact same "greatest hits" songs we've all seen at every Deftones show.

LG95

That's co-headline tours for you, I'm afraid. Thrice and Rise Against have had exactly the same complaints.
I could float here forever

therealdaebat

Deftones aren't getting any younger so I think at this point you just have to appreciate whatever they're doing. They've never done interesting setlists and that's just how they are. I'm spoiled by Ween where they have 3 hour sets, 30 minute renditions of songs, no setlist is ever the same, they'll even take requests from the crowd.
---------------------------------------------------------------
-DAEBAT

Dictated Not Read

http://reddit.com/r/deftones

damani311

Quote from: LG95 on Jun 14, 2017, 10:55 AM
That's co-headline tours for you, I'm afraid. Thrice and Rise Against have had exactly the same complaints.

Yeah I remembered after I posted this that they aren't even closing half of the shows...

Is there any way to find out which shows they ARE closing?

Penicks

Quote from: therealdaebat on Jun 14, 2017, 05:43 PM
They've never done interesting setlists and that's just how they are.

uwot

stephtones

Quote from: damani311 on Jun 14, 2017, 09:26 AM

UK got all sorts of randomness/bustouts (Teething!)

Vesanic

You probably mean ever since you started following them.

Pre-2007, Deftones were one of the most interesting bands to follow on a live path. That's how they are. Or were, I guess.

therealdaebat

Quote from: Vesanic on Jun 15, 2017, 01:00 PM

You probably mean ever since you started following them.

Pre-2007, Deftones were one of the most interesting bands to follow on a live path. That's how they are. Or were, I guess.

I almost always agree with you but not on this one. Go back and check their setlists from any year and they're almost always the same thing the entire tour. Like I said, I'm spoiled by bands who change it up every show. We're not talking one or two songs swapped, we're talking the entire setlist.

Here's what I mean: http://imgur.com/a/I0EUU

I just grabbed the most recent setlists from Ween and a 2004 screen grab of Deftones.
---------------------------------------------------------------
-DAEBAT

Dictated Not Read

http://reddit.com/r/deftones

BewareTheWater

It's what I expected tbh. Like others said, that's how a co-headlining tour usually is.

Martin

UK got all sorts of randomness/bustouts (Teething!) and so far they're 5 shows into the US tour and its the exact same "greatest hits" songs we've all seen at every Deftones show.

Like this?
https://youtu.be/ibcmAt0-pu4

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: Martin on Jun 19, 2017, 07:59 AM

Like this?
https://youtu.be/ibcmAt0-pu4

Yeah they played Teething in MD too. That, Back to School, and Phantom Bride were the only real setlist switchups at that show. Although, looking at Setlist.fm, Elite hasn't been in regular rotation since 2011, so you might consider that a bit of a switchup, too.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

BewareTheWater

I feel like they're playing Back To School as an excuse to never fucking play Pink Maggit a day in their lives.

" It's the same song, bro ! " - Abe

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: BewareTheWater on Jun 19, 2017, 08:53 PM
I feel like they're playing Back To School as an excuse to never fucking play Pink Maggit a day in their lives.

I used to like BTS a lot, but not so much these days. The older, more nu metal, style just doesn't do it for me as much as it used to. I would kill to see Pink Maggit live, though...
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

BewareTheWater

Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Jun 19, 2017, 09:54 PM

I used to like BTS a lot, but not so much these days. The older, more nu metal, style just doesn't do it for me as much as it used to. I would kill to see Pink Maggit live, though...
I actually don't mind certain nu metal and I think that song is loads of fun and all, but we all know which version is superior. They just don't wanna fuckin' play it for some reason. An ideal Deftones show would have Pink Maggit as the closer, right after Change.

defTHE1s

Pink maggit would fit perfect with a proper tour including a bunch of Gore songs. They have like similar vibe. Of course, Pink Maggit being a closer or maybe before the encore songs.

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

Vesanic

Did he actually say that?