Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The one song you'd kill to hear live?

Started by Vesanic, Jul 13, 2017, 05:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vesanic

Was curious to see what was everyone's dream gem. Name ONE track, not more. Feel free to explain why, it would be interesting.

Mine is obviously Pink Maggit. It's not only my favorite song, hearing it live was the one dream that got me into Deftones and bootlegging in the first place. Sad to observe it's never happened. I think if played right after a well acclimated encore, it would be the most epic thing, sound and mood wise.

What about y'all?

LG95

It's Pink Maggit for me too.

I'm well aware that it could be argued that they wouldn't do it in the way they may have done it had they played it in the self titled era (you can imagine with the dark lighting and all the reverb on Chino's mic how amazing it would have looked and sounded back then) but I still think it would be incredible if they did it now.

For the life of me, I can't work out why they never play it.
I could float here forever

elite54

Does Finger of Death/Buffalo count? I'll choose that.

Seeing and listening to the live videos, it just sounds so punishing and it sounds like someone is being murdered from the 2:00 to 2:30 mark.

So disappointed they never finished/released it.

stephtones

Lovers, Battle-Axe, Xerces
...also The Boys Republic.

BewareTheWater

I think the majority vote goes to Pink Maggit.

It's as if they're so afraid to play that song that they're just gonna play Mini Maggit for the rest of their lives to try and compensate.

nicklav

Lovers
Moana
The Boys Republic
Pink Maggit

nicklav

Quote from: elite54 on Jul 14, 2017, 01:21 AM
Does Finger of Death/Buffalo count? I'll choose that.

Seeing and listening to the live videos, it just sounds so punishing and it sounds like someone is being murdered from the 2:00 to 2:30 mark.

So disappointed they never finished/released it.

This too.

BewareTheWater

Quote from: nicklav on Jul 14, 2017, 09:05 PM
Lovers
Moana
The Boys Republic
Pink Maggit
this whole list is right up my alley.

people are people

HooiserBowhunter

I would love to hear them play Smile.

ANattyRat

Battle-Axe. I love the song and I just think it'd be amazing to hear it live. It used to be MX, but I finally heard them play it last year and it was a dream come true. So yeah, Battle-Axe. Honourable mentions go to Can't Even Breathe and Crenshaw Punch for similar reasons.

snw9

Code: [Select]

Inkblades

Besides everything that's been mentioned, I'd have to say Gauze. Time to hear that joint live.

The Cyndicate

Quote from: Vesanic on Jul 13, 2017, 05:53 PM
Was curious to see what was everyone's dream gem. Name ONE track, not more. Feel free to explain why, it would be interesting.

Mine is obviously Pink Maggit. It's not only my favorite song, hearing it live was the one dream that got me into Deftones and bootlegging in the first place. Sad to observe it's never happened. I think if played right after a well acclimated encore, it would be the most epic thing, sound and mood wise.

What about y'all?

I can't just pick one.
I'll keep it to two. In my current mindset, If Only Tonight We Could Sleep and Royal. Although I fear for my life if they played Royal really well and he hit that scream just right.

defburn

pink maggit
boys republic

MASCARA !!!!!

Martin

- Can't Even Breathe.
- The Chauffeur.
- Anniversary of an Uninteresting Event.
- Lovers.
- Konami Code.
- Goon Squad.

mono

Deathblow.
And if I can choose a cover, The Chauffeur

Vesanic

Quote from: Inkblades on Jul 16, 2017, 07:45 AM
Besides everything that's been mentioned, I'd have to say Gauze. Time to hear that joint live.

For real. You know what I think of KNY, but Gauze and Graphic Nature are the ones I really get into.

Índigo flow

Gauze haha, Nah. My choice, Damone.