Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The one song you'd kill to hear live?

Started by Vesanic, Jul 13, 2017, 05:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BewareTheWater

Quote from: Índigo flow on Jul 18, 2017, 07:51 PM
Gauze haha, Nah. My choice, Damone.
I'd actually love to hear Gauze tbh. Damone would be even better, though.

defTHE1s

Pink Maggit for God's sake.

And since it seems to be common opinion, I'll add anything they've never played before.

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

BewareTheWater

I'm still mad how they hyped up the Rise Against/Thrice tour by saying " we're planning on playing songs we haven't played in a while and songs we NEVER played " and then that turned out to be total bullshit because they didn't play a single song that they never played before during the whole tour.

defburn

Korea Rounding

Quote from: BewareTheWater on Aug 02, 2017, 08:36 PM
I'm still mad how they hyped up the Rise Against/Thrice tour by saying " we're planning on playing songs we haven't played in a while and songs we NEVER played " and then that turned out to be total bullshit because they didn't play a single song that they never played before during the whole tour.

They didn't say that they would play never played songs, just that they planned to do so. Well, they did plan it (didn't work out for whatever reasons) so - no bullshit.

LG95

They hadn't played Phantom Bride before the last few dates of the European tour.
I could float here forever

Lucas_Moreno

Entombed.
I said it before, it's meaningful for me, all that relationship, breakup bullshit.
Battle-Axe is some I'll freak out if they played again.

The Cyndicate

Quote from: Lucas_Moreno on Aug 22, 2017, 06:47 AM
Entombed.
I said it before, it's meaningful for me, all that relationship, breakup bullshit.

That's the problem with that song.

It actually means too much to my entire family and would crush the mood when they play it.
I guess that's fine for everyone else, but I would rather not pay 100 bucks per person, just to have my woman erupt into tears and leave the venue.

So my personal vote would be no, but hey, that's life. If you want to hear it once, I hope you get the chance to do so.

Lucas_Moreno

Quote from: The Cyndicate on Sep 12, 2017, 03:19 AM
Entombed.

It actually means too much to my entire family and would crush the mood when they play it.
I guess that's fine for everyone else, but I would rather not pay 100 bucks per person, just to have my woman erupt into tears and leave the venue.

So my personal vote would be no, but hey, that's life. If you want to hear it once, I hope you get the chance to do so.

I feel you bro .. Sorry to hear that.

Hope one day you can all listen to this song with peaceful memories.

Penicks

I'd cry too if they played sappy crap like that

BewareTheWater

Quote from: The Cyndicate on Sep 12, 2017, 03:19 AM
Entombed.

I also used that song for a video tribute to my dog that died ( got a new one now, don't worry ) so it'd probably cause some tears to flow from me as well.

whitefur

Depending on mood: either Damone or The Boy's Republic

ANattyRat

I've changed mine from Battle-Axe to Crenshaw Punch. I mean, there's always a small hope they'll play Battle-Axe again, but how many times have they played Crenshaw Punch, once???

Billy9

Street Carp
Smiths cover
Damone

Basically all the West stuff you know they'll never do. Also Simple Man so I can cry with a crowd of like-minded dudes :'(
Get off emo music forums and feed yourself you smelly goth.

Gaz

stu_101

I can't believe I'm writing this... after 15 years, I've just seen Deftones play Battle Axe again live. And yes, it sounded MASSIVE.

stu_101

Oh and also PPP Let Me Get What I Want. What a show!

mono

Quote from: stu_101 on Jun 21, 2018, 12:52 AM
Oh and also PPP Let Me Get What I Want. What a show!

my god...what a show