Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Neoclassical Poetry

Started by bloody, Jul 23, 2017, 09:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bloody

Seeing how much violence humanity has displayed attacking and defending belief systems... Pride isn't a problem as much as 'wounded pride.'  It's personal to be told we're wrong, and it leads to disputes, even violence, especially when anger isn't checked.

people have a hard time learning this, one of the oldest lessons in the book.

bloody

peoplearepeople, read the parable of the sower, Matthew 13:1-23, and you'll see why sometimes faith is ineffective... i should know, i've faced these troubles.

bloody

Back to the topic, I'll be working on 'Cain's Rebellion' for a couple months, because of all the exemplary examples I find in society... I'm sure it will be a fun write, and read, but I'm doing it in the most sober manner. This 'wounded pride' archetype is much like the devils fault, refusing to submit to authority, because, like Cain, he was blinded by anger. Instead of heeding God's advice, Cain rebelled and killed his brother out of spite. But, I really want to work the theme in of 'self-reliance vs providence afforded by love' because Cain relied on his own reasoning instead of listening to God, who gave the proper stance on the issue, and rebelled, costing the life of his brother.

bloody

I may eventually write the epic i intended in 'Apollo and Python.' Python, or 'The World Soul,' was something similar to human nature in the media today. Apollo slew Python, showing what 'clarity' can do.

Apollo and Python

people are people

Quote from: bloody on Aug 09, 2017, 06:15 AM
peoplearepeople, read the parable of the sower, Matthew 13:1-23, and you'll see why sometimes faith is ineffective... i should know, i've faced these troubles.

Yeah! Don't get me wrong too. This is a good ex.
The list of victories over foreign invaders,
It was an example of how faith/believe can succeed despite not having a good chance of succeeding!
  "Listen then to what the parable of the sower means: 19 When anyone hears the message about the kingdom and does not understand it, the evil one comes and snatches away what was sown in their heart. This is the seed sown along the path. 20 The seed falling on rocky ground refers to someone who hears the word and at once receives it with joy. 21 But since they have no root, they last only a short time. When trouble or persecution comes because of the word, they quickly fall away. 22 The seed falling among the thorns refers to someone who hears the word, but the worries of this life and the deceitfulness of wealth choke the word, making it unfruitful. 23 But the seed falling on good soil refers to someone who hears the word and understands it. This is the one who produces a crop, yielding a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown."

bloody

Quote from: people are people on Aug 09, 2017, 08:13 PM
Yeah! Don't get me wrong too. This is a good ex.
The list of victories over foreign invaders,
It was an example of how faith/believe can succeed despite not having a good chance of succeeding!
yeah, no sweat, i totally understood that... i just thought it was a messy thesis, is all. A thesis has to be unified, or else information clashes, and paints a different picture. I'm not upset or anything.

people are people

Cool! Its not meant to be a thesis, it's more something as DMT xD for the young enlightened niggas livin' lowkey smoking a good weed and through a deep psychedelic trip symbolized by "the key" then when you read  "unlocks the door to his minds gate" (The subconscious) and gains access to knowledge of himself in the form of hieroglyphs (a characteristic of powerful psychedelic trips such as one from Dimethyltriptamine, also known as DMT, where the person receives loads of information in a form they cannot recognize but somehow makes sense to them). Then experiences these "hieroglyphs" and gains this knowledge, finding his true self. Just trippin 8)

bloody

yaaaaasss!! comic relief! XD

bloody

You may wonder, at times, why a free thinker like myself would be such a devotee to Milton in Paradise Lost and the Bible... Providence is a means to safety, and a government institution's only job.

The only rule is you can't interfere with another's means to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

Or as Milton would put it, 'No man's slave.'

bloody

On a side note, I grew a beard to remind myself to be a gentleman.  8)

bloody

The ancient world was dominated by 'magic thinking' until around the time of Socrates.

bloody

As for my Christian beliefs, it all centers around the parable of the vine in John 15:1-17. 'Abiding' is the only way any of the Christian faith works. People who don't know the significance of these words cannot practice the faith properly. In fact, the reason why people drift in their beliefs is because they don't understand the importance of abiding, and tragically many churches don't stress enough the truths of 'abiding' as laid out in this parable. It's the foundation upon which everything else falls into place. 'Abiding' is the only way to be a true Christian. In fact, without this understanding doctrine is often a hindrance, because you drift aimlessly, and without 'abiding' there's no life in the branch and faith is dead.

The Vine is The Life.

bloody

Honestly, I think the leaders don't preach LIFE with a zeal because they want us dependent on them and their so called 'wisdom.'

bloody