Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Around the fur '14 Mixes' uncut Pre-Mix studio master cassette tape

Started by JoeBoy, Nov 20, 2018, 03:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeBoy

So about 6 years ago this mysterious tape appeared on eBay and there was talk of a few of us clubbing together to buy it. What ever happened to that? Who bought it? I have a screenshot of the tape but I have no idea how to upload it here. The track listing is as follows and as mentioned in the subject it's a demo tape of the Around the Fur sessions:

1 - Labia
2 - Lotion
3 - The Fur
4 - Shove It
5 - Far Away
6 - LuLu
7 - Macks
8 - Dai
9 - Damone
10 - Kicketts
11 - Head Up
12 - Crenshaw
13 - Chauffeur
14 - To have and to hold

I've always wondered what these demo versions sound like and if anyone on here has been sitting on them for that long. If you're out there please post them, I'd love to hear them.

Cheers

Penicks

couple of us chipped in cause the dude wanted 500 buckaroos, but then he wanted even more and the deal was off if i recall correctly

Vesanic

The main differences were

Full outro in Headup
No fade out on Lotion
No fade out on BQAD (I think)
Four sections instead of three on the break of Lhabia

Some noises making it obvious they were at the recording stage

That's about it. I know cause someone ended up buying it and put a rip in circulation

JoeBoy

I see, thanks for clearing that up guys. Hopefully it could surface one day, I'd like to hear all the nuances on the demo anyways.

Knucklestones

The full outro version of Headup is uploaded on my old youtube channel. I think that the version of Lhabia we got on the Itunes remaster with the slight differences might be the same as the one from this. Can't confirm that as I haven't heard the tape either.

Inkblades

Martin

Quote from: Vesanic on Nov 20, 2018, 05:59 AM
The main differences were

Full outro in Headup
No fade out on Lotion
No fade out on BQAD (I think)
Four sections instead of three on the break of Lhabia

Some noises making it obvious they were at the recording stage

That's about it. I know cause someone ended up buying it and put a rip in circulation

Is that available somewhere?
Love to hear it all, especially Be Quiet And Drive (Far Away) without the fade-out :o

Inkblades

Quote from: Knucklestones on Dec 03, 2018, 05:23 AM
Quote from: Inkblades on Nov 28, 2018, 10:51 PM
N/M.
?

Don't mind me, was just being dumb about what Lulu and Macks were (Mascara and MX) before I figured it out and edited my post.

B33HIV3

Quote from: JoeBoy on Nov 20, 2018, 08:42 PM
I see, thanks for clearing that up guys. Hopefully it could surface one day, I'd like to hear all the nuances on the demo anyways.

This was posted in '18, yes, it's true. Eventually, the 14 will become available, but if someone has them and wants to share

Knucklestones

I don't know if I'm allowed to share, but I've got it.

5CI55OR

Good. There's an appropriate section for that. No problem 🖖