Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Searching the Machine might reveal what you don't want to know.

Started by cheachea, Jan 16, 2012, 07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cheachea

Do you guys remember when the Deftones had this on their website ? The more I research, the more I think I know what they are referring to. Any guesses ?
Poyt Chops

Penicks

"i got a promo 12 x 12 poster and a few post cards... the post cards were the same as the poster, but they had 3 different ones with different lines on them... the backs were all the same, all black, with "spring 2005 deftones.com" in white, now the front has different images. they were the same types of images that came with the streetwise email, the colors and lines and such, but of the post cards, three were 3 different lines...

look into the lines and you will see

realize what you're dealing with

searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know"

http://teamsleep.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1830044552/m/6720004372

so what did it mean?

cheachea

I'm not sure about this one

Now this had a clip of fake "Evangelist " Benny Hinn using Occultc Sorcery to push crowds down and saying that it was the power of God. I think the Deftones know what power it was really referring to.

I think this is referring to Baphomet and the occult sciences. I think it is also referring to the sorcery that many artists use, but is kept from the consuming masses, because if they knew that the artists were Luciferians who use Sorcery to hypnotize and entertain they wouldn't support or listen to the music.

so what did it mean?
Poyt Chops

skinnypuppy

if I remember correctly it was the start of a PR campaign for the new album prior to the album being finished, once it was finished, they scrapped all the shit they started prior to it being done and went in a different direction.

the first half of the campaign and the second half didnt connect at all, and there was a HUGE gap in time between each campaigns. 

This happens often in the music biz. Things not falling into place, decisions being made without everyones consent.  those quotes were probably just written by an intern and used as a hype machine.

skinnypuppy

deftoolsys07

Quote from: skinnypuppy on Jan 17, 2012, 09:40 PM
if I remember correctly it was the start of a PR campaign for the new album prior to the album being finished, once it was finished, they scrapped all the shit they started prior to it being done and went in a different direction.

the first half of the campaign and the second half didnt connect at all, and there was a HUGE gap in time between each campaigns. 

This happens often in the music biz. Things not falling into place, decisions being made without everyones consent.  those quotes were probably just written by an intern and used as a hype machine.

Exactly and I don't see what the point of looking into it any more or trying to interpret it would be. They're just random one-liners that are used to provoke your thoughts. Nothing more than that. I don't think that the marketing people even knew what they meant by it. It's not like Chino wrote the shit haha...
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

pony_01

I think this line is about the internet, Google, YouTube, etc. you want find something, and ended on the weird part of YouTube.

asshole

Yeah I got those poster's and postcars... and I was promoting a new album release for spring 2005
I love me some Vinyl.

Follow Me under #Adamogreat
Your Lucky Your Kinda Cute.. Taste Like Juicy Fruit...

one weak

Quote from: rumors on Jan 22, 2012, 11:33 PM
mgmt/chino wrote.
hmm, interesting. you're the guy with all the inside info right?

still, Ii tend to agree with the theory that it was written and released to simply get the fans psyched than having a whole lot of concrete meaning.

surgery

Quote from: cheachea on Jan 16, 2012, 08:05 PM

I'm not sure about this one

Now this had a clip of fake "Evangelist " Benny Hinn using Occultc Sorcery to push crowds down and saying that it was the power of God. I think the Deftones know what power it was really referring to.

I think this is referring to Baphomet and the occult sciences. I think it is also referring to the sorcery that many artists use, but is kept from the consuming masses, because if they knew that the artists were Luciferians who use Sorcery to hypnotize and entertain they wouldn't support or listen to the music.

so what did it mean?

I think you've already answered your own question. Yes, this was around the time of 'SNW.' Chino often mentions that it was a dark period when talking about the album SNW. He was also going through a rough personal phase, culminating in his divorce. Anyway, the album somewhat reflects his state of mind, and the song 'Pink Cellphone' has a corny vibe without a doubt

Penicks

homie most of the people in this thread are probably legit in dead who cares

surgery

Haha most people on this forum will come back for the next album, the band's 10 th, in the next year 24', and after the hype dies down, they'll disappear again