Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Chino Moreno mentioned on Machine Head website

Started by snw9, Aug 22, 2019, 05:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snw9

Chino Moreno was mentioned on Machine Head's website on the blog referencing Burn My Eyes's 25th anniversairy:

https://www.machinehead1.com/blogs/news/burn-my-eyes-turns-25

- The live photos of singer Chino Moreno for Deftones debut album "Adrenaline" are from the "Davidian" video shoot show.

Scroll to midpage.

There is also a poster of Deftones playing a show with them, never knew that.
Code: [Select]

B33HIV3

It's not something the band talks about much. Usually, Chino almost always mentions the same things from the early days of the band, like how he met Madonna. Moreno mused: 'That is absolutely surreal that Madonna would be so into a nu-metal band that she would push to get them signed. Go figure.' Just recently, in an interview about the Crosses album, he told the same story. In the next Deftones album, he will probably compare it to White Pony

from_musings

Quote from: B33HIV3 on Dec 15, 2023, 08:29 PM
, Chino almost always mentions the same things from the early days of the band, like how he met Madonna. Moreno mused: 'That is absolutely surreal that Madonna would be so into a nu-metal band that she would push to get them signed. Go figure.' 

First of all, nu metal wasn't a term that existed back in 94 when they got signed. They we're pioneers along side korn with whatever sound they made. nothing sounded like them back them. Secondly, pls link to whenever chino called his band nu metal

GlimmeringMaggit

Also, Chino only mentions Madonna if he's asked about her. It's just an easy thing for an interviewer to bring up.
Formerly LG95

B33HIV3

Quote from: from_musings on Dec 15, 2023, 09:23 PM
Quote from: B33HIV3 on Dec 15, 2023, 08:29 PM
, Chino almost always mentions the same things from the early days of the band, like how he met Madonna. Moreno mused: 'That is absolutely surreal that Madonna would be so into a nu-metal band that she would push to get them signed. Go figure.' 

First of all, nu metal wasn't a term that existed back in 94 when they got signed. They we're pioneers along side korn with whatever sound they made. nothing sounded like them back them. Secondly, pls link to whenever chino called his band nu metal

I'm not saying it was a term in 1994; I believe it predates Korn and Deftones, with bands like Rage Against The Machine. I don't think I'm alone in saying that they are not Nu-Metal. They fall into the category of a 'nu-metal adjunct,' though. Bands like Faith No More, Public Enemy, Beastie Boys, Pantera, and RATM are part of the mechanism that is 'nu-metal' but were never considered nu-metal bands per se.

The link: https://metalinjection.net/news/madonnas-secret-role-in-deftones-success-how-the-pop-icon-signed-the-band

B33HIV3

Quote from: GlimmeringMaggit on Dec 15, 2023, 09:44 PM
Also, Chino only mentions Madonna if he's asked about her. It's just an easy thing for an interviewer to bring up.

Nah... It doesn't seem like Chino is often directly asked about Madonna.