Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Drunk and/or Stoned

Started by thanx4knives, Jan 11, 2004, 07:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Livewire

Woke up in the fucking woods and 1:00 last night.

lostpilot

Quote from: downtownpony on Nov 11, 2010, 04:34 PM
I haven't smoked in about a month. It actually feels really good, mainly because I'm not hanging out with like 80% percent of the people I was hanging out with before. I realize the only thing I had in common with them was the fact that we smoked. I spend more time hanging out with the friends that I'm cooler with, and I spend more time learning about things that I'm interested in. With a lot of those other people we'd get high and they would just talk about weed....Huge waste of time.

curiosity - still sober?

Corleone

giving up weed for a long while, wish me luck

lostpilot

Quote from: Corleone on Nov 26, 2012, 04:01 AM
giving up weed for a long while, wish me luck

we're doing this together then.
cheers, man, it's a good decision

Penicks

weed is the absolute devil, good for the both of ya

lostpilot

Quote from: Penicks on Nov 26, 2012, 06:44 AM

as my mom once said, it's a swamp drug. it's very cozy and warm in the swamp, but slooooooooooooooooooooooooooowly it drags you down

DeftonesNZ

Haha i don't think I've ever heard someone describe a swamp as cozy and warm more like cold and wet, would of been funny is she said "Weed is a swamp drug,it has alligators in it"

lostpilot

ha, well you've obviously haven't been in a lithuanian swamp in a forest. it's actually quite beautiful but very tricky to get around, so I think she was referring to that. AND THE SINKING.

E-Money

good lord weed is not the absolute devil.  if any drug is it would be alcohol. 

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: E-Money on Nov 27, 2012, 06:48 AM

good lord weed is not the absolute devil.  if any drug is it would be alcohol.
Weed is just a plant it doesn't force you to smoke it lol but there is a common misconception that you can't get addicted to weed but  i know some people who have really struggled to give it up

samson simpson

everything in moderation

i fucked that whole saying up myself... but dont ever judge a person for trying to find the truth in any chemical they choose.

most solids or liquids can bring out the best/worst in anyone....in the end its up to that person to find that and control it..but that rarely happens.

black coffee

The truth about weed is somewhere in the middle.. its not "just a plant", weed that grows in greenhouses nowadays has a very high thc percentage, way higher than 20 or 30 years ago.
But saying its the devil means we cannot control it, which is not true either, but for some people its easier than for others.

I smoked weed every day for years, needles to say I didn't get shit done. But looking back in regret all the time is not an option for me, like "people my age finished their studies, made themselves a career, started a family or traveled the world... while I was stuck in my head all that time, hanging out with my stoner friends, spending thousands of euros for weed and watching stupid shit."

Took me long to learn my lesson, and even longer to get rid off this habit it became because smoking weed was a must before going to sleep, for years.

Sometimes when I get home from work on a friday afternoon, I'm like "i could buy some weed, get high and play xbox.. but why exactly?"
I like being and living together with my girlfriend, my job is alright though I could earn more, so things are not bad at all for me. Taking it for granted and going back to my old days would mean losing what I have, and theres no way on earth.

DeftonesNZ

I just do it socially every now and then when hanging out with mates I never started doing it full time because I like to feel like I'm in control of my brain plus every-time time i do it i just feel like listening to music by myself lol ,but my friend had the same thing when he first started doing it, it was all new and exciting so he started doing it like twice a day and when he tried to give up he told me about the whole sleep thing he was so use to doing it to get to sleep his body wouldn't sleep properly without it for ages.I prefer alcohol personally it's more social because you still want to do stuff not just watch cartoons lol plus i'm big and my body processes it super fast as soon as i stop drinking i sober up really fast and i'm not talking about getting drunk every day

E-Money

Yea everything in moderation is ok.  I go through periods of smoking pretty heavily and then not smoking at all for a couple of months.  I've always been able to get shit done while smoking herb.  I pretty much smoked every day in college and did fine.  But weed is definitely a drug imo and I'm really not for legalization.  It was definitely a gateway drug for me.  But still Alcohol is the absolute worst.  I've seen more people have trouble with that shit and have one random night that changes their lives forever. 

black coffee

I also have friends who smoked a lot of weed and they did well in university. One guy in engineering, another two in economics, difference is they are not dilettantes like me and neither are you probably. Also I thought it was obvious I was talking about myself, not generalizing...

Still I don't really buy the 'i smoked every day and did fine"
Maybe your grades did not go down the drain, but certain things do not blend well with smoking weed, especially if you do it every day. Or are you gonna tell us about all the pretty girlfriends you had in college?

lostpilot

well dudes, with 7 years of a relationship with this vile plant I can say a couple of things:

- moderation is the key, but for the addictive personalities "moderation" can sometimes become "addiction" and things fall apart
- there are evident long term physical effects (heart issues, lung issues, headaches, insomnia, anhedonia (when sober), other things)
- there is obvious psychological dependence (it's called conditioning - you get used to having pleasure instantly, doing things while high are much more awesome and the real thing becomes too boring)
- brain gets used to you giving "pleasure chems" to it, so brain adapts and stops producing natural "pleasure chems"; google it
- shitload of money shall be spent
- there can be behavioral changes + frequent use of drug can aggravate mental illness (I myself had some psychotic freakouts with both synthetic and natural plants) if the user is naturally prone to it
- even though it can boost your appreciation, creativity, mood and productivity; in the end you might end up not being able to enjoy daily life without being high. TRUE STORY.

At this point I am truly satisfied that I am a generally positive and active person; I do think in the long term my abusive relationship with this plant my self-esteem went down, I doubt myself quite a lot, and I sometimes have difficulty in coping with difficult periods of time without the drug.

If you do choose to use it, try not to get too deep into this whole thing.
Just some of my words for those  that listen

Corleone

Been smoking for 10 years, the first 5 were fun and I wouldnt take those back, the last 5, probably too much.

Jerry_Curls

I like it when my best friend makes weed potato pancakes, weed stir fry, weed chocolate covered marshmallows and many more!
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

BillyNo.9

I used to smoke really heavily. I started when I was 14 stealing little bits of my dads hash then over like 3 years I got into a really bad weed dependency. Almost breaking up with my girlfriend over it twice and waking up on a comedown 6 mornings of the week pretty much put shit into perspective. I hope to fuck those Aussies results don't apply to me

mothraw