Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 12:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jv_

because you spend, nothing

one weak

million dollar baby: there's a reason it won best picture and director

lifter

Quote from: "one weak"million dollar baby: there's a reason it won best picture and director
im watching that  movie currently in my film  class, its ok so far, it progress's slow, and i fell asleep today at film, so i didnt see todays part.
Actually its better than ok now that i remember, i like when out of the blue , the story jsut twists, and its about this whole other thing, i thought it was just some ordinary boxing film, nice touch.

ChickdelaLynch

Quote from: "one weak"million dollar baby: there's a reason it won best picture and director

The movie was good not great, but Morgan Freeman and Hilary Swank made the movie what it was. I'm glad they won for Best Supporting Actor and Best Actress. Both deserved it.

defskull

Quote from: "jv_"because you spend, nothing

and because it's stealing? people like that are corrupting the film industry and im sick of it.

xcrossx1

stfu,  you money hungry swine.

one weak

Quote from: "ChickdelaLynch"

The movie was good not great, but Morgan Freeman and Hilary Swank made the movie what it was. I'm glad they won for Best Supporting Actor and Best Actress. Both deserved it.
you don't think clint deserved director?? in some ways, i think that he did a better job directing Million Dollar Baby than he did Mystic River. however, i liked Mystic River as a whole much better. (mostly b/c of sean penn and if i remember correctly it was an original screenplay...maybe??) I just think the cinematography in MDB was some of clint's best work to date.

one weak

you don't think clint deserved director?? in some ways, i think that he did a better job directing Million Dollar Baby than he did Mystic River. however, i liked Mystic River as a whole much better. (mostly b/c of sean penn and if i remember correctly it was an original screenplay...maybe??) I just think the cinematography in MDB was some of clint's best work to date.

defskull

mystic river was also based on a book so it definitely wasnt an original screenplay.

i felt penn's performance was overrated and didnt deserve the oscar (bill should have got it).  but tim more than deserved it.

and i like MDB more.  definitely more emotional.  MR was too much of a typical crime movie with an amazing performance by Tim Robbins. would have been terrible if not for the performances.

MDB however kept me intrigued and emotionally sucked in. not to mention the interesting twist.  the whole daughter thing was pointless though.

one weak

haha. yeah that was a bit stupid.
i'm just glad aviator didn't win. that movie was not very interesting/good at all. if you're martin scorcese and you're going to make a film about howard hughes and focus soley on his flying career without going into much detail about what he REALLY did for the film industry was retarded imo. i mean he produced and had a lot to do with some of the better films of all time. it would have been really cool to see him fighting the industry about Scarface. all you saw was a silly poster on the wall.

ChickdelaLynch

Quote from: "one weak"

I have yet to see Mystic River. In fact, Million Dollar Baby is the first Clint Eastwood film I've seen. Basing on first opinion, he seems overrated, but I have yet to see others.

one weak

i like some of his earlier films
ie: Dirty Harry, The Outlaw Josey Wales

CentralIllNoise

Quote from: "defskull"

and because it's stealing? people like that are corrupting the film industry and im sick of it.

calm down marsellus, i am going to buy the movie when it comes out, i'm trying to download it now because it isn't in any theatres around me and is not for sale yet and i don't wanna wait for it to come to video. you don't need to send Jules after me or anything.

one weak

saw Blue Velvet this weekend for the first time. i enjoyed it, however, i enjoyed Lost Highway and Twin Peaks: A Fire Walk.... better. even Mulholland Dr. was more enjoyable to me. i think i like more psychological David Lynch more than structural/composition David Lynch. In a couple of weeks we're watching Eraserhead in my film history class. Anyone seen it??

ChickdelaLynch

Quote from: "one weak"saw Blue Velvet this weekend for the first time. i enjoyed it, however, i enjoyed Lost Highway and Twin Peaks: A Fire Walk.... better. even Mulholland Dr. was more enjoyable to me. i think i like more psychological David Lynch more than structural/composition David Lynch. In a couple of weeks we're watching Eraserhead in my film history class. Anyone seen it??

Blue Velvet is a great film, but I agree with Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me and Lost Highway being better, but Mulholland Drive being the best out of the bunch.

Eraserhead is a movie that should not be watched at 2 in the morning. I had dreams that were weirder than Lynch's films, but nonetheless a great film. I consider it his creepiest one.

lifter

Eraserhead is a movie that should not be watched at 2 in the morning. I had dreams that were weirder than Lynch's films, but nonetheless a great film. I consider it his creepiest one.
sounds interesting.ill have to look for it in the weekend.

Sam

Edward Scissorhandsssss

and anything else by Tim Burton = The best

one weak

wonder how willy wonka will be
probably pretty awesome but it's gonna be hard to top an original like that. if anyone could do it, tim burton could.

defskull

Quote from: "CentralIllNoise"
Quote from: "defskull"

calm down marsellus, i am going to buy the movie when it comes out, i'm trying to download it now because it isn't in any theatres around me and is not for sale yet and i don't wanna wait for it to come to video. you don't need to send Jules after me or anything.

Jules? Fuck Jules. I'm bringing over The Wolf.

Sam

Quote from: "one weak"wonder how willy wonka will be
probably pretty awesome but it's gonna be hard to top an original like that. if anyone could do it, tim burton could.

couldn't have said it better myself.