Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 12:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

defskull

I saw this movie called...um...shoot...what was the name...oh yeah! The Godfather. Anyone seen it?

Jacob

I'm about to watch Cube Zero. the two previos Cube movies sucked pretty hard IMO. but I'll give this one a chance.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

4th Eye

Quote from: "aenemic"I'm about to watch Cube Zero. the two previos Cube movies sucked pretty hard IMO. but I'll give this one a chance.
I wasn't even aware of this. The first Cube was brilliant for such low budget but the second was just recycling and much weaker. Now I'm interested to see this one.

The Captain

Quote from: "ChickdelaLynch"
Quote from: "The Captain"
Quote from: "ChickdelaLynch"I saw Swimming Pool recently and it was really good, but both of the leads were total bitches. It's weird watching a film where you hate both of the main characters, but still remain to like the film.

Now I really want to live in France.
Haha, for some reason I was thinking of Swimfan when you said Swimming Pool, my respect for you almost dropped considerabely...I need to see Swimming Pool

Hell, I'd even lose respect for myself if I ever thought Swimfan was a good film.

But yes, you do need to see Swimming Pool.
OK, I watched Swimming Pool...not bad, I didn't really find it especially good either  :?

Jacob

Quote from: "4th Eye"
Quote from: "aenemic"I'm about to watch Cube Zero. the two previos Cube movies sucked pretty hard IMO. but I'll give this one a chance.
I wasn't even aware of this. The first Cube was brilliant for such low budget but the second was just recycling and much weaker. Now I'm interested to see this one.

ok, I just finished watching it. I take back what I said about the first movie btw, it was actually pretty good. it was original. the second one just sucked so bad so it brought down the first one with it in a way.

anyways, Cube Zero was a lot cooler than the other two movies. you actually saw part of what's going on outside the cube. and the whole story was a lot more complicated. this one was actually a bit scary from time to time. and it contained some pretty cool gore. the acting was way better than in the other two movies too. what gave this movie minus points were some extremely unreal things, like for example when they could see a woman's dreams and actually record them on video. if you liked the first Cube movie I think you'll like this though.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

4th Eye

Quote from: "aenemic"anyways, Cube Zero was a lot cooler than the other two movies. [...] if you liked the first Cube movie I think you'll like this though.
This is enough for me.

Mazzy

Quote from: "Malpractice"
Quote from: "Mazzy"I really don't like him. He's such a fucking drama queen.

yea but could a drama queen write this masterpiece

it's not really a masterpiece at all lol but i just thought the picture was funny

DUDE, they broke up hahaha I think god answered every aussie's dream.

Check out Frenzal Rhomb's Russell Crowe's Band. You will PISS YOURSELF, it's the best song from Australia's best and funniest Punk band. I recommend everyone to hear it.

feeling like more

Quote from: "Mazzy"
Quote from: "feeling like more"hmmm... u probably mite dissagree wit me but i dont think australians make good films. do our accents really sound that bad?!

off the topic, russell crowe came to our cinemas at hoyts fox last night and had one of the ushers stand in the bathroom and reserve a toilet cubicle for him the whole time he was in the complex :roll:

Dude, now I got that Frenzal Rhomb song in my head hahaha...tis all good. I really don't like him. He's such a fucking drama queen.

And you're right, I don't agree with you, I think Australian movies are really good. Ok, maybe we've sucked these past few years but things are going to change. Sommersault really gave me hope that we are going to do something about our dying movie industry. And our accent is fine thank you!!

dont u find them all the same? portraying us to be stupid, inbred, stubbie wearing, VB drinking westies? ok maybe i'm generalising and i'm sure there have been some good ones of recent times, but i have no faith in our industry, which is why i havnt seen sommersault. we did have a good run a few years back with these kinds of films but they think they'v found something good so they seem to be sticking to it. but i'll give it another go and watch sommersault, i may be proven wrong.

and yeh i guess our accents are kinda hott!!

Mazzy

Hey, you're only inbred if you live/come from Tassie OKHAY. Not all movies reflect us in those ways. You have to remember that many Australian films lack the expensive special effects of US movies and, by comparison, often have a miniscule budget. Australian films reflect the Australian way of life, sure it involves heavy drinking and some stupidity here and there but hey, that's usually the case. Not all of us are like that but at least we've got the balls to take a piss. We love our beer and we're as laid back as a sofa chair wants to be.

I can name many great Australian movies from the top of my head, movies like; Rabbit-proof Fence, The Tracker, Lantana, Moulin Rouge, The Castle, Mr Reliable, Shine, Muriel's Wedding, Babe, Strictly Ballroom, Picnic at Hanging Rock, Mad Max, Gallipoli and OH MY GAWD...Priscilla, Queen of the Desert

Who can resist a movie about a bunch of drag queens leaving Kings Cross to travel across the desert in an old bus to the Alice. It's got some great photography. -This film is best enjoyed if the audience contains teenage girls who like to giggle- That movie is tops!! Guy Pierce at his best mate  :D

feeling like more

you know i'v never even seen the castle... i must be the only one. its just working in a cinema i see alot of shit come and go. have you seen the trailer for You and Your Stupid Mate? this is what i'm basing my argument on!
and yeh i stand corrected on the tasmania thing!!

Mazzy

No I actually haven't seen that. I hadn't even heard about it :/ Watch Sommersault, I want to talk to someone about it. I'm actually buying it on dvd from HMV tomorrow cause last time I went they didn't have it. I was rather upset.

The soundtrack is fucking amazing too. Decoder Ring did all the tracks and man, it'll make you cry. It fits the movie perfectly, every scene, every piece of dialogue that's accompanied by a track, it just moves you. Abbie Cornish does a brilliant job and Jane Campion (writer/director) really proves that fucking hell, aussies are capable of producing something of worth.

alvarezbassist17

i saw requiem for a dream for the first time last night

it was a TRIIIIIP.  the ephedra thing disturbed me wayyyy more than the other stuff, though.

Mazzy

Quote from: "alvarezbassist17"i saw requiem for a dream for the first time last night

it was a TRIIIIIP.  the ephedra thing disturbed me wayyyy more than the other stuff, though.

Really? It didn't have that much of an effect on me when I watched it. I actually fell asleep through it  :?

feeling like more

Quote from: "Mazzy"No I actually haven't seen that. I hadn't even heard about it :/ Watch Sommersault, I want to talk to someone about it. I'm actually buying it on dvd from HMV tomorrow cause last time I went they didn't have it. I was rather upset.

The soundtrack is fucking amazing too. Decoder Ring did all the tracks and man, it'll make you cry. It fits the movie perfectly, every scene, every piece of dialogue that's accompanied by a track, it just moves you. Abbie Cornish does a brilliant job and Jane Campion (writer/director) really proves that fucking hell, aussies are capable of producing something of worth.

its coming out in a few weeks, its got rachel hunter in it. the extra is another australian film coming out, this thurs i think. it stars jimeoin.
i'll watch sommersault soon. is it drama or comedy? i remember the name but nothing about it.

Mazzy

It's definitly a drama. Don't be afraid to cry man. And you can listen to the soundtrack in your car, it may freak out the squeegee guys though, you in your car, tears flooding out of your eyes haha.

I love Jimeoin, he's really funny. I think he's Irish, isn't he?

feeling like more

yeh he's irish but i think he just lives here. i havnt cried watching a movie since i saw dumbo when i was 6. so it'll have to be something special.

Mazzy

He's like Arj Barker. That dude loves this place. He lives in California but he's practically here all the bloody time. He should just relocate and let me marry him  8)

feeling like more

i'm gonna go watch my kill bill dvd's..

ChickdelaLynch

I saw Adaptation this weekend. Wow, that was a fucking awesome film. I love Spike Jonze and Charlie Kaufman more than ever now. I now have more respect for Nicolas Cage and Meryl Streep. They did some really great acting.

Did anyone cry during it? Because I did, although it could have been because of my lack of sleep or I am a lot more emotional than I thought.

Mazzy

Meryl Streep is the best actress. She's definitly my favourite. I haven't watched Adaptation, John Malkovich is in it. I should watch it.