Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stu

Quote from: "The Captain"Tarantino has to be one of the most overrated directors EVER.

CentralIllNoise

Quote from: "The Captain"Tarantino has to be one of the most overrated directors EVER.

riiiight. cause he directed the best movie of the 90's (hands down). he had great success with the Kill Bill movies. he single handedly put travolta back on the map. i don't see much evidence for your arrgument. at all

The Captain

That made me sad...I hate to think of the future of filmmaking in a world where people think Quentin Tarantino made the best movie of the 90's.

I prefer things he's worked on, but hasn't directed like From Dusk Til Dawn and True Romance.

But remember, it's all opnions.

alvarezbassist17

go see kung fu hustle!

defskull

Fuck the computer

one weak

Quote from: "CentralIllNoise"

riiiight. cause he directed the best movie of the 90's (hands down). he had great success with the Kill Bill movies. he single handedly put travolta back on the map. i don't see much evidence for your arrgument. at all

if you think tarantino made the best film of the 90's, then you need to go see some other films. really, i'm not saying i don't like the guy, he makes some badass and fun movies to watch, but he really doesn't have anything original to show that hasn't been done before. seriously, he adds an awesome twist to everything, but it's just a combination of the past.

oh and btw, i know 80% of the story behind pulp fiction...where it came from, what it means, where he got it from, whos' "pulp" films he watched first, and which pulp films i think are better.

if you really want to see some good pulp, search under france in the 1960's. if i remember correctly france had a great deal of authors at the time doing novels about this sort of thing and there were some awesome french directors adapting these novels. i can guarantee that tarartino saw these films.

4th Eye

Yeah, Tarantino's good but he just kinda brings unknown, non-american movies to bigger audience. He Hollywoodizes (?) them. Wasn't Kill Bill inspired by some swedish movie?

The Captain

Quote from: "defskull"Fuck the computer
You're not a teammate on my team!

one weak

Quote from: "4th Eye"Yeah, Tarantino's good but he just kinda brings unknown, non-american movies to bigger audience. He Hollywoodizes (?) them. Wasn't Kill Bill inspired by some swedish movie?

it was a mix of a bunch of ideas combined with an old "spaghetti western" type of story.  i think he took a lot from Yojimbo (sp). kind of brutal blood squirting scenes and shit like that.

feeling like more

i watched groundhog day last night. havnt seen it in years.

Gaz

Quote from: "one weak"
Quote from: "4th Eye"Yeah, Tarantino's good but he just kinda brings unknown, non-american movies to bigger audience. He Hollywoodizes (?) them. Wasn't Kill Bill inspired by some swedish movie?

it was a mix of a bunch of ideas combined with an old "spaghetti western" type of story.  i think he took a lot from Yojimbo (sp). kind of brutal blood squirting scenes and shit like that.

I can't stand Kill Bill, when I watched it, I thought it was complete crap and I didn't know why anyone raved about it.

I do like Pulp Fiction, but I'm with The Captain on this one, I prefer the movies he has worked on and not directed.

digital_maggit

Quote from: "feeling like more"i watched groundhog day last night. havnt seen it in years.

haha damn.  I used to watch that movie all time.  dont know why...
but it got insanely repetetive after awhile.

The Captain

You don't say
hehe  :wink:

digital_maggit

"tee hee"  :P

Mazzy

I watched Speak this morning only cause I bunked at my auntie's place and she's got Showtime. I have to say, it was very good and the actress was so damn fiiiiine but she looked errrily similar to Avril Lavigne, which was so damn wroooong.

Mascara Snake

watched Big Fish last night, Ewan Mcgregor is a fine actor!!

"Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is THE BEST..."  Frank Zappa

Mazzy

About Adam was really good.

Mascara Snake

I really liked the film 'Shallow Grave' with Ewan McGregor and Christopher Eccelstons

"Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is THE BEST..."  Frank Zappa

Mazzy

I've liked almost everything he's done. Except those Star Wars movies he's involved in. God, I hate Star Wars.

feeling like more

Quote from: "digital_maggit"
Quote from: "feeling like more"i watched groundhog day last night. havnt seen it in years.

haha damn.  I used to watch that movie all time.  dont know why...
but it got insanely repetetive after awhile.

hahaha. its a good movie though.