Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChickdelaLynch

I saw Hotel Rwanda and Closer this weekend. Closer was a disappointment and very much overhyped. Some of the scenes last way too long and made the movie drag some, but Clive Owen and Natalie Portman did have some strong performances and made me think twice about Natalie as an actor. I wasn't too big on her performances before, but after seeing this I have more respect for her. And it didn't hurt that Clive Owen and Jude Law were fucking hot in the film.

As for Hotel Rwanda, that was much better. The acting was really good and I didn't feel so bad watching this instead of studying for my AP test, since this was kind of a study session. But this shows that Rwandan genocide is definitely not good times.

Malpractice

Quote from: "Mazzy"I've liked almost everything he's done. Except those Star Wars movies he's involved in. God, I hate Star Wars.

Star Wars > every movie that was mentioned in this topic

alvarezbassist17

Jerry_Curls

Quote from: "Mazzy"About Adam was really good.

Isn't it called "Young Adam"?
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

Mazzy

Quote from: "Jerry_Curls"
Quote from: "Mazzy"About Adam was really good.

Isn't it called "Young Adam"?

HAHAHAHA...is it? Dude I don't know. All I do know is that it was better than Bad Education and that's saying a lot cause I love ALMODÓVAR.

feeling like more

Quote from: "Malpractice"
Quote from: "Mazzy"I've liked almost everything he's done. Except those Star Wars movies he's involved in. God, I hate Star Wars.

Star Wars > every movie that was mentioned in this topic

cant wait for may 19

raynor

call me cheesy, but fight club is prolly my favourite movie.

or pulp fiction, damn i've been watching that shit since i was 12.

feeling like more

jurassic park would be cheesy

Crazylegs

my favourite right now must be, team america. Damn that shit is funny.

CentralIllNoise

Quote from: "raynor"call me cheesy, but fight club is prolly my favourite movie.

or pulp fiction, damn i've been watching that shit since i was 12.

I like your taste. those are 2 of my 3 favorite movies along with The Silence of the Lambs.

If Pulp Fiction wasn't the best movie of the 90's....then what was?

4th Eye

Quote from: "feeling like more"jurassic park would be cheesy
Probably...but it was still damn good in '93 or '94 or whenever it was fresh. It's still quite good. And Crichton's books are awesome.

Best movie of the 90's? Quite difficult question...from the 80's, Aliens would be my choice and from current decade, The LotR-trilogy so far. But the 90's has many good movies...Pulp Fiction, Seven, The Usual Suspects, Goodfellas, Silence Of The Lambs, Trainspotting, T2 etc. Can't really choose...

The Captain

I can't narrow it down to 1, but there are a lot that stand the test of time better than Pulp Fiction.

Malpractice

Quote from: "4th Eye"
Probably...but it was still damn good in '93 or '94 or whenever it was fresh. It's still quite good. And Crichton's books are awesome.

true dat

Jurassic Park = OWNAGE

The Captain

I feel like posting your profile, hehe

4th Eye

true dat

Jurassic Park = OWNAGE
T-Rex eating the lawyer on toilet = pwned! :P

feeling like more

true dat

Jurassic Park = OWNAGE
T-Rex eating the lawyer on toilet = pwned! :P

dont get me wrong i still love the first one. my mates bag the shit outta me for it but i dont care. the kitchen scene still scares me :lol:
havnt read the books though.

The Captain

The books are good, slow starting, but good. I <3 Crichton

jv_

haha i got those free screening tickets to see the new xXx, its gona suck

CentralIllNoise

watched Searching for Bobby Fisher tonight in my movie class....um.....i think i could take that little shit in chess

feeling like more

i watched in good company tonight. kind of pointless movie but the guy from that 70s show is a good actor. he can play me in the movie of my life!