Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

one weak

one of my favorite directors i just began to get into recently....Zhang Yimou.
i'm sure lots of you have seen Hero, but his older films are very good as well.
1. House of Flying Daggers
2. Raise The Red Lantern
3. Red Sorghum

he's an awesome Chinese director...probably the best director from Asia imo.

feeling like more

house of flying daggers is amazing

one weak

yeah. the sound design for that movie was so damn good. i liked it better than Hero...

lifter

i saw parts of House Of Flying Daggers in my film class. it was really colorful and seemed like a good movie, i gotta rent it to finish it.

feeling like more

yeh i think thats what was good about the film. the cinematography, directing etc. the technical elements.

Mazzy

The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy  :D

OMFG John Malkovich is friggin' in it. He's a hottie.

one weak

Quote from: "feeling like more"yeh i think thats what was good about the film. the cinematography, directing etc. the technical elements.

here's a fun fact about that movie i learned recently in film class (you may not want to read further if you haven't seen it):

the final fight scene (where it begins to snow)...looks like a cool digital effect, but it's all real. Yimou and the production had money and film left over and decided to go out and shoot some more and it began to snow.(this scene was not shot in china) so they just kept shooting while the snow kept falling and falling until they finished. pretty amazing!

digital_maggit

alvarezbassist17

fucking awesome movie.  did you like it?

digital_maggit

Haha yeah.  It was all kinds of funny.  It starts off kinda wierd though.  But yeah.  It was some good watchin' it was.

dusttones

I watched the Spongebob movie last night...wtf is up with David Hasselhoff?

volt_thenoise

i finally saw Shaun of the dead..it was pretty funny.
not the best , but watchable.

Land of the dead looks bad ass

Mascara Snake

'Young Guns 2' was on last night, i started watching the start until i realised what i was doing and turned it off and watched 'Friday' instead

"Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is THE BEST..."  Frank Zappa

ChickdelaLynch

I saw Elizabeth and Reality Bites this weekend. Both were ok. Ethan Hawke pisses me off and Joseph Finnes is hot.

alvarezbassist17

hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy was fucking awesome, i'm seeing it again on tuesday

lifter

i saw Super Size Me this weekend.it was entertaining, i cant really say i learned something from it, cuz i already knew that mcdonalds is not healthy food and that it contributes to so many people getting obese in the states. haha it was funny when the filmmaker was testing the little children with some pictures of famous people, and some of them didnt even recognize the picture of jesus but recognized ronald mcdonald.

jv_

that movie just made me hungry

lifter

haha yah , it made me wanna get some chicken mcnuggets.

The Captain

Quote from: "dusttones"I watched the Spongebob movie last night...wtf is up with David Hasselhoff?
Duh, to get the German audience

Quote from: "ChickdelaLynch"I saw Elizabeth and Reality Bites this weekend. Both were ok. Ethan Hawke pisses me off and Joseph Finnes is hot.
Reality Bites was really good, it's my favorite movie with Winona Ryder, she normally annoys me.

I've been neglecting this thread, so some thoughts on movies I've seen lately...

Alfie
Granted, I haven't seen the original, but from watching the bonus features it seems like they captured the essence and it is interesting how the character is still more than relevant today, good watch.

Buffalo '66
First time seeing the movie, first time seeing Vincent Gallo in anything other than Cosmopolitan Bloodloss..it was weird, after seeing him in that video I always imagined him to have a lower, creepier kind raspy voice, he ended up sounding more like Woody Allen or something. Good movie though, sad..I like sad...excellet shots at...that one part...don't want to ruin it

Meet the Fockers
Very few sequels are as good as the original, so I was amazed when this one surpassed Meet the Parents, good job by everyone and the special features were great

After the Sunset
Entertaining, like Ocean's 11 meets James Bond, I liked it. watched that this morning

I Heart Huckabees
Watched that this morning, absolutely loved it, has to be my favorite movie with Jason Schwartzman and Mark Wahlberg. I normally don't like Schwartzman much, but he was good in this and Wahlberg was just so different and that was really nice. Also good to see Jude Law be an asshole and of course the story and Jon Brion's excellent music were all just great.

Gonna watch End of the Century tonight

Mazzy

Quote from: "The Captain"

Buffalo '66
First time seeing the movie, first time seeing Vincent Gallo in anything other than Cosmopolitan Bloodloss..it was weird, after seeing him in that video I always imagined him to have a lower, creepier kind raspy voice, he ended up sounding more like Woody Allen or something. Good movie though, sad..I like sad...excellet shots at...that one part...don't want to ruin it

I absolutely worship Gallo. He's like this great figure. He's bloody smart and funny too, his beliefs are kinda wack but I love him nontheless.