Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ItsClassicalAnyways

i watched blade trinity last night, then a selection of spaced and bottom episodes, also this week i have watched supersize me and lord of the rings.

feeling like more

i want to watch white noise.

ragdoll

i just watched Uprising. it...well, it tested my concentration span at least.  :?

stu

Quote from: "feeling like more"i want to watch white noise.
no you dont

feeling like more

Quote from: "stu"
Quote from: "feeling like more"i want to watch white noise.
no you dont

haha.. ok.

dusttones

Quote from: "Mazzy"
Quote from: "The Captain"

Buffalo '66
First time seeing the movie, first time seeing Vincent Gallo in anything other than Cosmopolitan Bloodloss..it was weird, after seeing him in that video I always imagined him to have a lower, creepier kind raspy voice, he ended up sounding more like Woody Allen or something. Good movie though, sad..I like sad...excellet shots at...that one part...don't want to ruin it

I absolutely worship Gallo. He's like this great figure. He's bloody smart and funny too, his beliefs are kinda wack but I love him nontheless.

If you liked Buffalo '66 check out Get Well Soon. I thought it was hilarious.

ChickdelaLynch

Buffalo '66
First time seeing the movie, first time seeing Vincent Gallo in anything other than Cosmopolitan Bloodloss..it was weird, after seeing him in that video I always imagined him to have a lower, creepier kind raspy voice, he ended up sounding more like Woody Allen or something. Good movie though, sad..I like sad...excellet shots at...that one part...don't want to ruin it

I Heart Huckabees
Watched that this morning, absolutely loved it, has to be my favorite movie with Jason Schwartzman and Mark Wahlberg. I normally don't like Schwartzman much, but he was good in this and Wahlberg was just so different and that was really nice. Also good to see Jude Law be an asshole and of course the story and Jon Brion's excellent music were all just great.

I think I know which scene you're talking about. Yeah, I really liked the way the scene was shot, too. Despite the guy being a fucking asshole, he's got some talent.

I Heart Huckabees is uber funny. A really smart comedy. It was weird since Jason Schwartzman's character was a lot like my brother. And Naomi Watts. C'mon, she kicks some major ass.

comfortably_numb

If you liked hotel rwanda watch the killing fields...

Doofaes

Just watched House of Flying Daggers, after seeing Hero last week. I really love those movies, they do a great job of suspending reality. Hero had amazing fight scenes and effects, Flying Daggers didnt have as many impressive effects, but was much more story oriented... both great movies if you're into that whole Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon genre...

btw, can anybody recommend any other movies like these, with the cool fantasy-ish setting and "out there" effects?

Mazzy

Quote from: "ChickdelaLynch"
Buffalo '66

I Heart Huckabees
Watched that this morning, absolutely loved it, has to be my favorite movie with Jason Schwartzman and Mark Wahlberg. I normally don't like Schwartzman much, but he was good in this and Wahlberg was just so different and that was really nice. Also good to see Jude Law be an asshole and of course the story and Jon Brion's excellent music were all just great.

I think I know which scene you're talking about. Yeah, I really liked the way the scene was shot, too. Despite the guy being a fucking asshole, he's got some talent.

I Heart Huckabees is uber funny. A really smart comedy. It was weird since Jason Schwartzman's character was a lot like my brother. And Naomi Watts. C'mon, she kicks some major ass.

Hey now, what's with all this Gallo hate? I won't have non of it. Go to your room and think about what you said.

feeling like more

10 days till ep. 3

Jacob

finally saw The Butterfly Effect last night. it made me feel sick over and over again, but pretty much everything about this movie was great.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

feeling like more

i took a massive sin city rosario dawson banner from work today. have to find a place to put it now.

still waiting for it to be released...

lifter

i was watching parts of The Deer Hunter on HBO, i forgot how amazing it is (De'Niro is outstanding); one of my favorites, even though i like never get to watch it start to finish cuz its so long and i always watch it unexpectingly.I'm gonna rent it and watch it in whole for once.

DefCubus

Quote from: "feeling like more"i took a massive sin city rosario dawson banner from work today. have to find a place to put it now.

still waiting for it to be released...

I never found her particulary attractive, but she was hot in this movie.

]

feeling like more

someone had already claimed the jessica alba one..

going to watch Downfall (Der Untergang) on thusday. a german film following the last 10 days of hitlers life.

Mazzy

feeling like more

9 songs was banned here till they appealed for its release on the grounds it had cultural significance or somethin. i was talking to a projectionist at one of our cinemas who made the print up and he said its 50% sex.

feeling like more

Quote from: "feeling like more"someone had already claimed the jessica alba one..

going to watch Downfall (Der Untergang) on thusday. a german film following the last 10 days of hitlers life.

went to see upside of anger instead. it was fair shit but i liked the quote about anger right at the end.

Mazzy

Quote from: "feeling like more"9 songs was banned here till they appealed for its release on the grounds it had cultural significance or somethin. i was talking to a projectionist at one of our cinemas who made the print up and he said its 50% sex.

I'm still going to go see it. It should be good.