Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 12:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

one weak

word. gene wilder was sooo good in the original. i just watched it a few days ago in anticipation.

truthfully i'm more excited about tim burtons new animated thing he's doin. if it's anything like Nightmare, it should be the shit

The Captain

one weak

i love that shit. he pays so much attnetion to detail that no one since the 1920's does.

Jizzlobber

Did hilary swank win best Actress again?
<

4th Eye

Quote from: "Jizzlobber"Did hilary swank win best Actress again?
Yeah, she won the earlier from Boys Don't Cry, though I haven't seen it.

What's your guys' take on Doom? I hear it's only loosely based on the game and is probably going to be PG-13. The game is one of my favorites and I wish they just don't rape the name but actually have something from the games. But who knows...I can't judge it yet.

Jacob

Quote from: "4th Eye"
Quote from: "Jizzlobber"Did hilary swank win best Actress again?
Yeah, she won the earlier from Boys Don't Cry, though I haven't seen it.

What's your guys' take on Doom? I hear it's only loosely based on the game and is probably going to be PG-13. The game is one of my favorites and I wish they just don't rape the name but actually have something from the games. But who knows...I can't judge it yet.

apparantly The Rock (who's going to be in the movie) was on The Daily Show and said it would be R rated. so it won't end up like AvP at least. but with The Rock being the only big name in the movie, I doubt it'll be good anyways.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

4th Eye

A good movie doesn't necessarily need big names (and Karl Urban isn't that unknown anymore). And hopefully it'll be R rated cuz what would Doom be without violence...

The Captain

Speaking of Doom, what ever happened to the Duke Nuke'em movie? I thought it was a go after Tomb Raider was made.

one weak

i used to love that game.

Jizzlobber

i think they pulled the plug on that project.
<

digital_maggit

Quote from: "one weak"i used to love that game.

haha yeah. same here

defskull

Quote from: "one weak"i love that shit. he pays so much attnetion to detail that no one since the 1920's does.

tim burton? not really. there are plenty more directors that have an eye for detail.

one weak

hmmm. i would beg to differ on the fact that he does pay a lot of detail to the composition of his shots. that's what he's known for. i know a lot of other directors do, but burton does it in a different style and manner.

manic_bastard

im waiting to see batman begins.

i was always a batman fan cause he's more realistic than some other hero with magical powers and shit. i think the only good batman movie is Batman Returns. thats it. cause i think it was the darkest out of every one.

and this new one looks like it's going to be cool. christian bale is a good choice for batman. he was pretty pyschotic in american pyscho. and im sure he's going to play the part well.

ill just wait and see.

one weak

i'm excited for it too. it had better be extremely good in order to start from the beginning and surpass the first 2 batman movies. essentially they are competeing against, IMO the two best superhero movies: Batman and Batman Returns.

lifter

Batman Returns is probably the best batman, it will be hard to beat it, for some reason i dont think it will, but i hope it will of course. does anyone know the villian for this one?

defskull

i thought returns was the darkest.

ive always been a big fan of batman. i have a feeling this one will be good. it will test to see just how great a director nolan is

Malpractice

we are all obviously forgetting the cinematic masterpiece Batman & Robin (sarcasm)

but Batman Begins does look cool

Sam

Sword of the Berzerk (anime) is some baaad ass shit.

manic_bastard

Quote from: "lifter"Batman Returns is probably the best batman, it will be hard to beat it, for some reason i dont think it will, but i hope it will of course. does anyone know the villian for this one?

scarecrow and Ra's Al Ghul

the scarecrow is going to be played by that guy from 28 Days Later or something. and the other guy is going to be played by that Ken guy from The Last Samurai.

scarecrow looks pretty  weird. he's just wearing this rag over his head but it doesnt look too lame.