Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bright lights, big city

Quote from: Corleone on Jul 09, 2013, 04:06 AM
This is the end 10/10... hillarious
So good. And as usual Danny McBride was a scene stealer.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

DeftonesNZ

Just saw it yesterday and loved it, Danny Mcbride is great especially in that scene where him and James are arguing about him masturbating, also am I the only one who hopes they actually make Pineapple Express 2?

bright lights, big city

I think anyone that's seen the first Pineapple Express would love a sequel.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

chick de la lynch

I don't usually advocate for sequels, but I would watch the fuck out of Pineapple Express 2.

Crazylegs

I remember laughing so hard at the scene where the one guy is trying to kick the windshield out. Shit had me in stitches.

Hank

Quote from: Corleone on Jul 09, 2013, 04:06 AM
This is the end 10/10... hillarious

Mcbride was hilarious along with most of the cast.
Jonah Hill ruins any movie I ever see with him in it.
He is to acting and being funny to what Kevin Hart is to comedy and acting.

SwerveCityUSA

haha I love Jonah Hill and all of the rest of the funny jews who have dominated the film industry and especially comedies.

I just watched 976-evil from 1989. reminded me of that era in a special way. it's a good comedy. I think it's classified as a horror though.
I'm bringing it in with style myself you know it is with ease no sweat

bright lights, big city

Fuck what the critics say. Only God Forgives was fantastic - great visuals, directing, soundtrack, acting (especially Kristin Scott Thomas who was so so so evil). 8.5/10

Man Of Steel was enjoyable too. You get 2 different Robin Hood's to play your 2 dads, and I'm in. Effects were awesome, I actually liked the actor playing Superman, and Michael Shannon as Zod was just as expected. First time I actually liked and had fun watching something with Superman. 8.5/10

The Act of Killing - gonna scare you away by saying it's a 160 minute documentary. But just find a way to see it. Go wiki the basis and then torrent it, something. 9.5/10

Gasland Part II - dude, fuck our government. And more importantly fuck fracking. Jesus, this doc really pissed me off. Guess that means it worked. 9/10

The Conjuring - 9/10 - well it scurrred me so I liked it. I'm starting to think this James Wan fella is pretty awesome. In all honesty, the first Saw was pretty good at the time (been awhile since I've seen it). He did that, Conjuring, Death Sentence which wasn't too shabby, and Insidious which is maybe my favorite modern horror movie. Nice little resume he's building there. Oh what's that? His next movie is a sequel to a blockbuster franchise that I have a huge bro-crush on? ......

6 Fast 6 Furious - still in the top 3 of the year so far.

Anway, I don't like every movie I see, so here are some grade A pure American TURDS:
Iron Man 3
Star Trek 2
White House Down
The Wolverine
DERP

chick de la lynch

Yeah, I wasn't really fond of The Wolverine but unfortunately the guy I'm currently dating is a huge comic book nerd and I said yes to going with him to the midnight showing because I like him. Yeah, not my first choice. It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't good either. Not to mention I was completely lost for much of the film and had to withhold all my questions till after the movie. Ah, dating AMIRITE?!

bright lights, big city

ohhh shit! this the bro from a couple weeks ago? awwww.
DERP

chick de la lynch

Haha we're still in the very early stages of dating, but yes it is the same guy. He is very nerdy but it's cute on him. He's teaching me a lot about the comic book world.

shine down unshy

Man of Steel was epic.  I saw it in IMAX and all I can say was I left very satisfied.  Lots of special effects and even more destruction.  I give it 4 out of 5 stars. 
The Conjuring wasn't that bad, it didn't give me a fright though.  I left somewhat disappointed.  3 out of 5 stars.

As for movies I've recently watched out of theaters,

Shogun Assassin.  As tripped the fuck out as any early 80's Japanese slash samurai film would be.  Blood spraying - everywhere, in copious amounts.  It's one of the movies mentioned in Kill Bill Vol. 2 and I can clearly see how it influenced Tarantino in the making of both films.  3 of 5 stars because I love campy movies like this.

RoyalDeftonicBoy

I saw one of my dad's classics

Runaway Train (1985)

10/10

Epic performance by Jon Voight and that ending always puts a little tear in my eye.

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Insidious: Chapter 2

8.5 / 10

Made only with 5 million and it made 44 Million this weekend. Fucking loved this movie as much as the first one.

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Rush (2013)

10/10

A truly amazing F1 film :) One of the best films I've seen this year.

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Gravity

10/10

If you go watch this movie, I'd recommended to pick the 3D because you would experience it a lot more. Great movie

blixa

dead end. primarily watched it because ray wise was in it. i don't know whether it was really good or really bad. it was sort of predictable but i wasn't disinterested. i'm being really vague. it was ok.

theis

Quote from: blixa on Oct 28, 2013, 04:03 AM
dead end. primarily watched it because ray wise was in it. i don't know whether it was really good or really bad. it was sort of predictable but i wasn't disinterested. i'm being really vague. it was ok.

I really like that movie. Pretty damn creepy.

the deft ones

Hey guys, might be taking liberties here - but is anyone a member of a private torrent site they wouldn't mind inviting me to?

I've only just been made aware of these places, and there's a few things I can't find on piratebay etc.

PM me if possible.

Cheers.

theis

Gravity - 10/10

Fucking hell, I don't think I breathed for 90 minutes.
Also packed an emotional punch. Simply spectacular filmmaking and the best use of 3D I've ever seen.

Also, I don't like Sandra Bullock, but she knocked this one out of the park. Bravo!