Author Topic: The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)  (Read 519618 times)

Offline lifter

  • Elite
  • *****
  • Posts: 2705
The movie topic
« Reply #60 on: Mar 05, 2005, 09:37 AM »
oo nice pick of villians, should be interesting.

Offline 4th Eye

  • Elite
  • *****
  • Posts: 1780
  • There's someone in my head but it's not me...
The movie topic
« Reply #61 on: Mar 05, 2005, 11:53 AM »
Yeah, I've been excited of the new Batman too. Nolan directing and Bale as the bat sounds good. After all, Memento was good and Bale did fit well to the role of Bateman in American Psycho.

Also, new superhero movies include Fantastic Four. The cast looks good and actually might look something like the comic book heroes.

Offline CentralIllNoise

  • Elite
  • *****
  • Posts: 1200
    • http://www.myspace.com/ncarlton27
The movie topic
« Reply #62 on: Mar 05, 2005, 10:51 PM »
Quote from: "defskull"
Quote from: "CentralIllNoise"
Quote from: "defskull"
Quote from: "jv_"
because you spend, nothing


and because it's stealing? people like that are corrupting the film industry and im sick of it.


calm down marsellus, i am going to buy the movie when it comes out, i'm trying to download it now because it isn't in any theatres around me and is not for sale yet and i don't wanna wait for it to come to video. you don't need to send Jules after me or anything.


Jules? Fuck Jules. I'm bringing over The Wolf.


The Wolf???? shit....well at least i'm in good with Monster Joe. Butch has got my back also.

ps....i know what was in the briefcase

Offline CentralIllNoise

  • Elite
  • *****
  • Posts: 1200
    • http://www.myspace.com/ncarlton27
The movie topic
« Reply #63 on: Mar 05, 2005, 10:53 PM »
Has anyone seen Be Cool yet? I'm going to see it on monday night. Just wondering on some ratings. I've heard good things

good to see vince and mia in a movie together again (i know, they are not those characters, but still) and i like the vince vaughn addition.

Offline defskull

  • Elite
  • *****
  • Posts: 3756
The movie topic
« Reply #64 on: Mar 06, 2005, 12:01 AM »
ive heard the rock is the best thing about the movie. (like always)

Offline one weak

  • Elite
  • *****
  • Posts: 3501
The movie topic
« Reply #65 on: Mar 06, 2005, 12:51 AM »
Quote from: "CentralIllNoise"
Has anyone seen Be Cool yet? I'm going to see it on monday night. Just wondering on some ratings. I've heard good things

good to see vince and mia in a movie together again (i know, they are not those characters, but still) and i like the vince vaughn addition.


i just saw it and i was bored out of my mind. it is really terrible, with a few funny parts. really, it is not a good movie at all

ChickdelaLynch

  • Guest
The movie topic
« Reply #66 on: Mar 06, 2005, 09:06 AM »
I agree with one weak.

For one, the acting was really flat. It was really disappointing seeing Uma Thurman and Harvey Keitel in this. Such great actors, but you could tell they were bored with this movie, too.

For two, it tried way too hard to be funny. Out of the two hours I wasted on that movie, I only laughed once and I can barely call it laughing.

Three, all this movie was was for name-dropping. There must've been literally a hundred things name-dropped throughout the whole film. Must've been desperate.

Four, it lasted way too long for a story that could have been told in less than five minutes. I kept checking every half hour what the time was. How sad.

Five, it never had time to establish characters. They tried to make this movie fast pace, which was a really bad idea. We never feel for these characters, so we never really care for their misfortunes.

I like a movie with substance, not something that was just made to please the masses, which is very apparent with this film. But I saw Girl With A Pearl Earring, which makes up for tonight's film. I like how Scarlett had more of her emotions speak for themselves rather than her lines.

Sam

  • Guest
The movie topic
« Reply #67 on: Mar 06, 2005, 10:43 AM »
Girl With A Pearl Earring was a bad ass movie.  I enjoyed the musical score.  It's by a guy named "Alexandre Desplat", some good shit.

Offline one weak

  • Elite
  • *****
  • Posts: 3501
The movie topic
« Reply #68 on: Mar 06, 2005, 11:13 AM »
Quote from: "ChickdelaLynch"
I agree with one weak.

For one, the acting was really flat. It was really disappointing seeing Uma Thurman and Harvey Keitel in this. Such great actors, but you could tell they were bored with this movie, too.

For two, it tried way too hard to be funny. Out of the two hours I wasted on that movie, I only laughed once and I can barely call it laughing.

Three, all this movie was was for name-dropping. There must've been literally a hundred things name-dropped throughout the whole film. Must've been desperate.

Four, it lasted way too long for a story that could have been told in less than five minutes. I kept checking every half hour what the time was. How sad.

Five, it never had time to establish characters. They tried to make this movie fast pace, which was a really bad idea. We never feel for these characters, so we never really care for their misfortunes.

I like a movie with substance, not something that was just made to please the masses, which is very apparent with this film. But I saw Girl With A Pearl Earring, which makes up for tonight's film. I like how Scarlett had more of her emotions speak for themselves rather than her lines.


yeah. exactly right on. it's just funny that the director was trying to be so self-relfexive abou the film industry and its flaws, but he just made it even more alienated and subjective to the people who go out and see stupid "movies" on the weekend. haha....i'm drunk, i dunno know

Offline one weak

  • Elite
  • *****
  • Posts: 3501
The movie topic
« Reply #69 on: Mar 06, 2005, 11:18 AM »
i'm glad at least some people actually saw some good films this weekend. i watched Tokyo Story on Friday, but it was for a class, and while it was a very good film, i always have trouble participating in films that i'm assigned to see at a certain time....especially on fridays. haha

however, if anyone is interested in a very good Japanese film, Tokyo Story is not onyl beautiful composition, but a very heartfelt story. warning: not karate, kung fu, whatever that shit is...it's just a very well told story of family relationship and tragedy.

ChickdelaLynch

  • Guest
The movie topic
« Reply #70 on: Mar 07, 2005, 02:20 AM »
I saw Xiu Xiu: The Sent-down Girl today. Great film, but utterly depressing. I felt uncomfortable during some scenes because my ten year old soon-to-be-step-sister was watching it with me, and it just so happened she came in to the scenes with the sex in it. But other than that, I enjoyed the film. The scenery in the film is so beautiful and the girl who played Wen Xiu (Xiu Xiu), Lu Lu, is awesome.

Offline one weak

  • Elite
  • *****
  • Posts: 3501
The movie topic
« Reply #71 on: Mar 07, 2005, 07:26 AM »
i have to do a sound/editing presentaion tomorrow on any film that exhibits those qualities well.

i think i'm gonna do PI. that scene where Max ivestigates the brain on the steps. every time he pokes the brain with his pen, the foley sound of the train horn + another piercing noise. i think that it will work really well, and Aronofsky does a great job of incorporating foley sound with the score. plus the editing and overall compositon of the black and white is so awesome in that scene. not to metion the whole film.

it's funny cause i haven't watched this film in such a long time, and i had forgotton how great it is.

btw, chickdelalych i'll have to see Xiu Xiu... i've heard great things about that but haven't had time to see it. glad i got a good review out of someone though because i would have forgotten about it otheriwse. :oops:

Offline painaholic

  • Teenager
  • ***
  • Posts: 107
The movie topic
« Reply #72 on: Mar 07, 2005, 10:51 AM »
i saw yesterday Feerdotcom oohhhhhh creepy movie :twisted:

Offline SulankaliŽ

  • Passenger
  • ****
  • Posts: 485
The movie topic
« Reply #73 on: Mar 07, 2005, 04:03 PM »
I saw "Maria Full of Grace"...whit that colombian girl who was nominated to the Oscar, Catalina Sandino...such a great movie...show the reality of many countries in all the world...

Offline Jizzlobber

  • Elite
  • *****
  • Posts: 2554
The movie topic
« Reply #74 on: Mar 07, 2005, 04:28 PM »
Meet the Fokkers was quite funny, a good date movie.

Million Dollar baby is apparently brilliant.
<

Offline deftoneskid144

  • Passenger
  • ****
  • Posts: 443
    • http://www.myspace.com/deftoneskid
The movie topic
« Reply #75 on: Mar 07, 2005, 10:15 PM »
i saw traffic for the first time yesterday. it was an awesome movie- benicio del toro is so fuckin cool.  8)

Offline ragdoll

  • Organ Donator
  • ******
  • Posts: 6088
The movie topic
« Reply #76 on: Mar 07, 2005, 10:17 PM »
Quote from: "deftoneskid144"
i saw traffic for the first time yesterday. it was an awesome movie- benicio del toro is so fuckin cool.  8)


oh man..he's hawt in that movie.  8)

Offline deftoneskid144

  • Passenger
  • ****
  • Posts: 443
    • http://www.myspace.com/deftoneskid
The movie topic
« Reply #77 on: Mar 07, 2005, 10:34 PM »
oh i know! :shock:
 i swear theres something about that man...  hes just- awesome.

Offline ragdoll

  • Organ Donator
  • ******
  • Posts: 6088
The movie topic
« Reply #78 on: Mar 07, 2005, 11:35 PM »
...thank god. now i can come out of the closet with my benicio fetish without feeling like an idiot.  :P
seriously, he's sexxay.  8)

Offline 4th Eye

  • Elite
  • *****
  • Posts: 1780
  • There's someone in my head but it's not me...
The movie topic
« Reply #79 on: Mar 13, 2005, 12:13 PM »
This weekend I watched Pitch Black and Audition. Pitch Black was a positive surprise (though I've seen it few years ago but couldn't remember much) and I must say it had Vin Diesel's best performance so far. Good sci-fi action.

The first 80 minutes of Audition was quite boring but some scenes in the end were weird and disturbing. Ichi The Killer was better, I'd say...more blood, more fun. :wink: