Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theis

Don Jon.

Funniest movie I've seen in a long time.

Loved every minute.

Hank

Quote from: theis on Dec 18, 2013, 09:28 PM
Don Jon.

Funniest movie I've seen in a long time.

Loved every minute.

The ending montage was one for the ages

Great flick

bright lights, big city

Saw it a few days ago too. Didn't really know what I was getting myself into with Don Jon, but I loved it. Danza and his sister were hilarious.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

RoyalDeftonicBoy

So did anyone check The Wolf Of Wall Street or 47 Ronin? If so let me know without spoil it ;)

Hank

47 sucked
Wolf was awesome
Smaug was cool like the other side of your pillow

theis

RoyalDeftonicBoy

The Place Beyond the Pines (2012)

Very great movie!!!

bright lights, big city

Quote from: RoyalDeftonicBoy on Jan 12, 2014, 10:15 AM
The Place Beyond the Pines (2012)

Very great movie!!!
Yes! In the top 5 for me from last year.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

bright lights, big city

Animal Kingdom 10/10. Just incredible, and actually kind of reminded me of Place Beyond the Pines (helps that Ben Mendelssohn was in it).
DERP

blixa

animal kingdom is a brilliant movie. i wish more people watched australian films.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: blixa on Feb 12, 2014, 02:47 PM
animal kingdom is a brilliant movie. i wish more people watched australian films.
Seriously, you've got some classics. Animal Kingdom, The Proposition, Mad Max, Wolf Creek.

The guy who made Animal Kingdom has another one called The Rover coming soon that looks incredible. Guy Pearce FTW, yo.
DERP

bright lights, big city

DERP

blixa

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Feb 12, 2014, 05:23 PM
Quote from: blixa on Feb 12, 2014, 02:47 PM
Seriously, you've got some classics. Animal Kingdom, The Proposition, Mad Max, Wolf Creek.

The guy who made Animal Kingdom has another one called The Rover coming soon that looks incredible. Guy Pearce FTW, yo.

my mate adam had to get the rights for 'all out of love' to use in animal kingdom.

defskull

Snowpiercer was pretty solid. Might go check it out again this weekend.

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes (2014)

Movie of the year IMHO.
I cant wait for Gone Girl in October 3, glad to see Fincher and Reznor working together one more time.

bright lights, big city

Yeah I'm really pumped for Gone Girl, along with Guardians of the Galaxy, The Interview, and Interstellar (The Nolan!!)

Here's a quick list of movies I've seen that were definitely worth checking out:
Snowpiercer
Enemy (definitely need to see again. And then again to make sure I saw what I think I saw)
The Raid 2 (still think this is my favorite movie of the year)
Under the Skin
Neighbors
300 2 (Eva Green obv)

Here are some I thought were turds:
Spiderman 2
Grand Budapest Hotel
Non-Stop
DERP

chick de la lynch

I recently spoke to a guy who said Grand Budapest Hotel was a solid film. Apparently he watched it twice and is a Wes Anderson fan. The thing is, I don't trust Wes Anderson fans....

Crazylegs

I was planning on watching it within the next few days. Looks good to me.

bright lights, big city

It could be that I wasn't in the right mood for seeing it, I can't just up and watch one of his movies. Guess I'm not a real fan. Some of the Wes Andersonisms are very irritating, and I thought they were turned up to 11 in Budapest (ugh the fucking Mexico birthmark). I still like his color palette though.

Anderson has good movies - I'll always love Life Aquatic. And I really enjoyed Darjeeling and Fantastic Mr. Fox. Just didn't think this was one of them.
DERP