Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 12:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

black coffee

The Grand Budapest was great, I especially liked that Gustave character. Story was so sweet I almost got diabetes

deftones47

Quote from: black coffee on Jul 15, 2014, 04:53 PM
The Grand Budapest was great, I especially liked that Gustave character. Story was so sweet I almost got diabetes

This.

Diplo

Quote from: RoyalDeftonicBoy on Jul 15, 2014, 03:48 AM
Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes (2014)

Movie of the year IMHO.

God dammit, it's not even out in France... All this time just for crappy french voice.
Pretty excited for this one, I love the feeling when you see this monkey so close but so far from the human.

RoyalDeftonicBoy

I just saw Guardians Of The Galaxy. I wasnt expecting a lot but holy shit it was pretty fucking awesome! My second favorite film of the year along Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes. They teased lots of characters, including such a big character as Th....... I wont say the name cause I dont wanna spoil the movie. Great film!

tarkil

Yeah that movie was awesome, really ! Super funny too...
My favourite movie of the year indeed (haven't seen Dawn of the planet of the apes yet though)

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

blixa

i've just been watching jason statham movies. i can't believe i never appreciated him before this.

bright lights, big city

Yeah he's legit. Loved the Crank movies and Transporter. He and Kurt Russell will be the icing on the cake that is Fast 7.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Diplo

The guardians was a great movie, funny and a good story but seriously have you read the comics ?

digital bath

Yesterday I saw the Angry Video Game Nerd Movie.
For a "low" budget self made movie it's well done and fun entertainment.
The movie is trashy and cheesy and seems intended especially for "nerds".
You really have to be familiar with AVGN and the "retro video game reviewer scene" and especially E.T. the video game to really enjoy this, if not it's just an average, maybe boring and annoying  (sometimes I felt so while watching) movie with some highlights in it.
Don't get me wrong, I love AVGN and his reviews and I know the hard work he had to made this movie, but in my opinion, since he announced that he makes this movie a few years ago and trough all the extra attention he became, he changed himself and don't seem naturally anymore, he convulsive has to play "The Nerd".
Even his last reviews aren't good than ussual.
But all in all, it's a good movie and worth to watch, even if you give a shit about retro games.

bright lights, big city

The Rover 7.5/10 - Not sure what the point of the movie was in the end, but damn the journey was pretty great. Kinda similar to The Road and some Mad Max Road Warrior. Very sweaty, very gritty, beautifully shot, violent, Guy Pearce being awesome, there's angry/hilarious midget, there's a random Keri Hilson song, and hey I actually liked Robert Pattinson in it.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

blixa

maaaaan, i just finished watching lost highway for the first time and i'm supposed to do my assignment but my brain can't even function right now.

chick de la lynch

What did you think of it, Mariam? Isn't it a complete mind fuck?

blixa

i was slightly intoxicated so everything was more fucked up than usual. my friend and i promised each other we were going to watch it sober on sunday.

watched an american haunting. was shit.

gonzales_5

Quote from: RoyalDeftonicBoy on Aug 30, 2014, 08:27 AM
I just saw Guardians Of The Galaxy. I wasnt expecting a lot but holy shit it was pretty fucking awesome! My second favorite film of the year along Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes. They teased lots of characters, including such a big character as Th....... I wont say the name cause I dont wanna spoil the movie. Great film!

Oh wow dude really!?!?!?  Be sure and let us know when you go see another movie k? Fuck I can't wait!!!
"push back the square"

Crazylegs

bright lights, big city

THE GUEST. This was so good, I don't know where to begin. The synthpop music. The main character making panties get drenched throughout. The action. A fight involving a fireball shot. Horror/thriller bits that reminded me of classic 80s and 90s movies. A little Terminator thrown in. Holy shit.
DERP

wheresmysnare

Quote from: Crazylegs on Nov 21, 2014, 12:36 PM
American Movie - ACDC

This movie needs to be viewed at least once a year.

Yes agreed 100% I find it really funny and inspiring, everyone I've shown it to says it's flat out depressing or just doesn't get the humour.

Given your taste can you recommend any other kind of sundance style films? I've watched some recently:

Sightseers - Chris (Steve Oram) wants to show Tina (Alice Lowe) his world and he wants to do it his way - on a journey through the British Isles in his beloved Abbey Oxford Caravan. Tina's led a sheltered life and there are things that Chris needs her to see - the Crich Tramway Museum, the Ribblehead Viaduct, the Keswick Pencil Museum and the rolling countryside that separates these wonders in his life. But it doesn't take long for the dream to fade. Litterbugs, noisy teenagers and pre-booked caravan sites, not to mention Tina's meddling mother, soon conspire to shatter Chris's dreams and send him, and anyone who rubs him the wrong way, over a very jagged edge.

Primer - At night and on weekends, four men in a suburban garage have built a cottage industry of error-checking devices. But, they know that there is something more. There is some idea, some mechanism, some accidental side effect that is standing between them and a pure leap of innovation. And so, through trial and error they are building the device that is missing most. However, two of these men find the device and immediately realize that it is too valuable to market. The limit of their trust in each other is strained when they are faced with the question, If you always want what you can't have, what do you want when you can have anything?

maps to the stars - The Weiss family is the archetypical Hollywood dynasty: father Stafford is an analyst and coach, who has made a fortune with his self-help manuals; mother Cristina mostly looks after the career of their son Benjie, 13, a child star. One of Stafford's clients, Havana, is an actress who dreams of shooting a remake of the movie that made her mother, Clarice, a star in the 60s. Clarice is dead now and visions of her come to haunt Havana at night... Adding to the toxic mix, Benjie has just come off a rehab program he joined when he was 9 and his sister, Agatha, has recently been released from a sanatorium where she was treated for criminal pyromania and befriended a limo driver Jerome who is also an aspiring actor.

Crazylegs

Quote from: wheresmysnare on Nov 25, 2014, 12:58 PM
Quote from: Crazylegs on Nov 21, 2014, 12:36 PM
American Movie - ACDC

This movie needs to be viewed at least once a year.

Yes agreed 100% I find it really funny and inspiring, everyone I've shown it to says it's flat out depressing or just doesn't get the humour.

Given your taste can you recommend any other kind of sundance style films? I've watched some recently:

I wouldn't say they're wrong for calling it depressing, it definitely has some bummers, but mostly it's just a fun watch. Mike and Mark are awesome.
I don't really watch a lot of movies though, so you'll have to look elsewhere for recommendations. However, anyone who hasn't seen American Movie should do themselves a favor and check it out.

defskull

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Nov 21, 2014, 04:50 PM
THE GUEST. This was so good, I don't know where to begin. The synthpop music. The main character making panties get drenched throughout. The action. A fight involving a fireball shot. Horror/thriller bits that reminded me of classic 80s and 90s movies. A little Terminator thrown in. Holy shit.

I'm pissed this movie has not gotten more attention. It was ridiculously good. It manages to be an homage to so many things while also being completely unique.