Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 12:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

one weak

yeah me too. know matter what anyone says he's a hell of a director. i've even seen one of his 16mm films that he made very early on and it is really awesome

jv_

Quote from: "aenemic"american. I can imagine that the japanese version is better in every way. as with The Ring.
haha ive seen the japanese version, its the same, awful.
i dont even know why they ported it to america, its just a stupid movie overall

squealing like a pig

my bf saw big fish for the 1st time yesterday (one of my fave films!!!!), i think he liked it. i love that film so much! it always makes me cry though

4th Eye

Quote from: "aenemic"saw The Grudge this weekend and was very disappointed. some of the scenes were really fucking creepy. so that part of the movie was great. but the story sucked majorly. and the movie was just too short... it felt like it was over before it had started.
I was laughing my ass off when I saw it. That kid, Toshiba or some Panasonic was hilarious though maybe it was just my twisted sense of humor...The movie overally was quite regular stuff.

And The Ring was better and I actually liked it. Naomi Watts is becoming one of my favorite actresses.

ChickdelaLynch

Quote from: "one weak"yeah me too. know matter what anyone says he's a hell of a director. i've even seen one of his 16mm films that he made very early on and it is really awesome

He is indeed. Too bad I'm not that talented.

one weak

me either. i just finished editing one for my 16mm class and my shots did not turn out well at all. sooooo many stupid errors i messed up and continuity problems. idiot :(

Mad Maynard

I saw Terminator 3:Rise of the Machines the other day. It sucked donkey dick. It could have been good if it wasn't laced with corny one-liners, and if it was actually serious and darker. Too much CGI also.

Love,
Mad Maynard
You can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose;but, you can't pick your nose in front of your friends.

one weak

agreed. terrrible acting and terrible story. in all truth, i think that they felt the need to "one-up" the special fx from T2 which had revolutionary special fx for its time. however, with the CGI boom upon the industry, they were nothing more than mediocore.

i truly think that CGI has the capabilities to do dome awesome things with film, and it has, but too many studios see only the money and use it as an easy way out rather than wasting time shooting a good movie.

lifter

Quote from: "one weak"me either. i just finished editing one for my 16mm class and my shots did not turn out well at all. sooooo many stupid errors i messed up and continuity problems. idiot :(
me too, imj a bad camera man. oh and my last piece i just filmed is HORRIBLE, camera wise, the whole thing is like one shot with some close ups, its bad, and my grade will be bad. i coulda done better like with my other projects if i just organize myself before i start production and not do them at the very last minute cuz then the film looks like it was made in a rush.

one weak

yep. i can't get a clear vision of what i want to shoot and how my narrative plays out like other people. even if i write storyboards and plan everything to the max, i find that the film reflects nothing i was going for. luckily, i don't want to direct because i could never make a great film. i just have to get through this class so i can make into the production program at my university.

lifter

yah that happens to me a lot, when i have a clear vision on how i want it to be, and it doesnt come out how i wnated to. this semester is all me directing all my films and stuff, and im not that great at directing either so its hard for me since im new to independent film making , but i think i will get better and make better films but not like a 2 hour hollywood film haha just like a 10 min kinda one.

one weak

personally the only reason i like directing at all is because it gives me a better idea of how i want to edit the film (which is what i want to concentrate on in the next few years of college). i just shoot and hope it turns out okay because if you have the resources, anything can be fixed in editing.

i actually like lighting sets and other shit about the composition of a shot...hmmm...maybe i'd be a better cinematographer anyway.

lifter

thats true, the film is pretty much made in the editing . i like cinematograhpy too, but its something im still learning, i would like to get good at it, certainly make me a better film maker.

one weak

for sure.^

gonna watch The Ring tomorrow night to get ready for The Ring 2 8)

Jan

I would like to do some movies as well. Some fucking ultraviolent movies. Maybe when I'm 100.

feeling like more

Quote from: "aenemic"saw The Grudge this weekend and was very disappointed. some of the scenes were really fucking creepy.

the part where the girl thing appears under the dudes bed covers.

volt_thenoise

movies i ll be seeing:
Episode 3 revenge of the sith
Sin city
Batman begins
War of the worlds
Fantastic 4
deuce bigalow 2

ChickdelaLynch

Quote from: "volt_thenoise"Sin city

Word.

Sulankaliƫ

I saw the Ring 2 this weekend...such a cool movie..i think is better than first one...all ya guys have to see it!!