Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 12:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xcrossx1

Is 16 enough?  haha.

Mazzy

OMG how fast do you go through them. Roll them cause...no reason. Just roll them and shove them in an envelope.

Mascara Snake

Saw Constantine the other day, it was good special effects wise, but keanu reeves is a bland actor

"Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is THE BEST..."  Frank Zappa

Mazzy

Quote from: "Mascara Snake"Saw Constantine the other day, it was good special effects wise, but keanu reeves is a bland actor

I didn't even bother watching that movie cause I just knew what it was going to be. My Own Private Idaho is possibly the only decent movie that Reeves has done and that is hugely on the part of River Phoenix being in it.

4th Eye

Quote from: "makoe5"
Quote from: "4th Eye"Just watched Bad Santa. Fucking hilarious. Fuck.

want me to fix you some sandwiches?
Nah. Does your daddy have a car?

Quote from: "Mazzy"My Own Private Idaho is possibly the only decent movie that Reeves has done
Whoa...hey, Bill & Ted is a great movie. :)
Though he has been in some good movies, I have to agree that Reeves is quite bland.

manic_bastard

i saw Garden State yesterday. i thought it was pretty good. except i thought Natalie Portman's character was pretty annoying at first. it was way too hyped up cause i was expecting something kinda bigger. a lot of the stuff in that movie i related to. and it was damn funny

but its been a long time since ive seen a good movie like that

ItsClassicalAnyways

i saw bubba ho-tep today, good film. cant beat Bruce campbell as an old elvis impersonator befreinding a black JFK aand hunting a mummy. quality jazz.

CentralIllNoise

I saw Radio for the first time yesterday. it was alright, nothing too special

The Captain

I finally saw...

Pauly Shore Is Dead
Not quite what I was expecting, but I liked it

The Incredibles
A lot of people told me it sucked, but I thought it was good ..and Jason Lee!!

The Grudge
The creepiest thing about it is they found a Japanese girl with big eyes.

And as for the whole Keanu Reeves discussion, my favorite movie of his is probably River's Edge. It's one of his older movies, I think he's gotten a nose job since then.

ChickdelaLynch

Quote from: "manic_bastard"it was way too hyped up cause i was expecting something kinda bigger.

I thought the same thing. People kept on saying it was just like Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, when there were maybe a few scenes that were like it. But I still thought it was a good film. I actually cried at the end, which was rather weird.

one weak

Quote from: "Mazzy"My Own Private Idaho is possibly the only decent movie that Reeves has done and that is hugely on the part of River Phoenix being in it.

whew....i'm glad someone said it. he did do one good movie

Mazzy

Quote from: "manic_bastard"i saw Garden State yesterday. i thought it was pretty good. except i thought Natalie Portman's character was pretty annoying at first. it was way too hyped up cause i was expecting something kinda bigger. a lot of the stuff in that movie i related to. and it was damn funny

but its been a long time since ive seen a good movie like that

That was filmed in New Jersey. I have to go to that fucking place. It seems so beautiful, not because of the movie but because it has been a favourite place of mine since I heard Ani sing about it.

xcrossx1

Quote from: "The Captain"I finally saw...

Pauly Shore Is Dead
Not quite what I was expecting, but I liked it

The Incredibles
A lot of people told me it sucked, but I thought it was good ..and Jason Lee!!

The Grudge
The creepiest thing about it is they found a Japanese girl with big eyes.

And as for the whole Keanu Reeves discussion, my favorite movie of his is probably River's Edge. It's one of his older movies, I think he's gotten a nose job since then.
haha Pauly Shore Is Dead was funny as shit.   Why all the Keanu hate?   He is "Excellent..!" .

feeling like more

just saw the pacifier.. disney fun

Chrisbo

Quote from: "xcrossx1"
Quote from: "The Captain"Why all the Keanu hate?   He is "Excellent..!" .

He is quite cool - my favourite Keanu film is probably 'Point Break'.

Quote from: Chino Moreno
You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

Moz La Punk

Wow, anyone heard of The Nightwatch? It's gonna be an epic new horror-trilogy. Check out that trailer! Has cult written all over it...

http://www2.foxsearchlight.com/nwnd/

The Captain

Just watched Spanglish, good movie, proud of Adam

blindead

Quote from: "The Captain"Just watched Spanglish, good movie, proud of Adam
yeah, that movie was pretty good, i like it when Adam gets more serious roles.

one weak

he shouldn't have done his new prison football player movie crap thing

ChickdelaLynch

I saw Swimming Pool recently and it was really good, but both of the leads were total bitches. It's weird watching a film where you hate both of the main characters, but still remain to like the film.

Now I really want to live in France.