Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 12:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mazzy

Quote from: "ChickdelaLynch"I saw Swimming Pool recently and it was really good, but both of the leads were total bitches. It's weird watching a film where you hate both of the main characters, but still remain to like the film.

Now I really want to live in France.

And eat Croissants all day...

The Captain

Quote from: "one weak"he shouldn't have done his new prison football player movie crap thing
I highly agree...and Nelly is in it, ugh

Quote from: "ChickdelaLynch"I saw Swimming Pool recently and it was really good, but both of the leads were total bitches. It's weird watching a film where you hate both of the main characters, but still remain to like the film.

Haha, for some reason I was thinking of Swimfan when you said Swimming Pool, my respect for you almost dropped considerabely...I need to see Swimming Pool

Malpractice

Quote from: "blindead"
Quote from: "The Captain"Just watched Spanglish, good movie, proud of Adam
yeah, that movie was pretty good, i like it when Adam gets more serious roles.

people actually liked that movie

learn something new everyday

one weak

yeah i never saw it because i thought it got bad, or at least mixed reviews. i didn't think he could top Punch Drunk Love

one weak

yeah i never saw it because i thought it got bad, or at least mixed reviews. i didn't think he could top Punch Drunk Love

The Captain

I love it because I also have the emotions of a mexican woman.

And Punch-Drunk Love is beautiful

defskull

That is some repugnant shit

ChickdelaLynch

Quote from: "The Captain"

Haha, for some reason I was thinking of Swimfan when you said Swimming Pool, my respect for you almost dropped considerabely...I need to see Swimming Pool

Hell, I'd even lose respect for myself if I ever thought Swimfan was a good film.

But yes, you do need to see Swimming Pool.

dusttones

Quote from: "Malpractice"

its-o fact-o....that movie eats

The Captain

:roll:

Just watched De-Lovely, it was wonderful.

Watching Spanglish again

feeling like more

Quote from: "dusttones"
Quote from: "Malpractice"

its-o fact-o....that movie eats

they could'v done more with it. i didnt like it.

Mazzy

Quote from: "The Captain"I love it because I also have the emotions of a mexican woman.

And Punch-Drunk Love is beautiful

That was quite good. I remember getting teary, only a bit though.

one weak

for those of you who liked or loved Closer in terms of a depressing story with great acting, i just watched an even better film in my film history class called Faces (1968) directed by John Cassavetes. It is shot entirely in 16mm, but with three different black and white stocks, therefore making the image appear to become less grainy as the film "wears" on you. it is kind of an older Indie film, but the acting is great and it certainly strays from the studio style of filmmaking. as for it reminding me of Closer, the story is so intense in the sense that the characters are so cruel to one another and care too much about what makes themselves happy or unhappy. other than that, one of the better films i've seen in quite a while. i

The Captain

I need to see Closer  :(

I tried to watch King Arthur: Director's Cut today, it was horrible. Violent, but funny and Keira came in way too late, I fell asleep a few times watching it.

one weak

Quote from: "The Captain"I need to see Closer  :(

yes, you do Mr. Natalie Portman  :wink:

The Captain

That's only part of the reason, I do love her work, but it looked really good aside from that..plus I love Jude Law..not like that..but he is hot....I'm so gay on this board.

I want to see the Reefer Madness musical on Showtime, but I don't have cable :(

Typing_Monkey

I gotta see Donnie Darko again thats a briljant movie. U should look up the backround story tough. So first watch the movie read the story and then watch it again.

The Captain

Thanks to...ohh, EVERY OTHER PERSON BETWEEN THE AGES OF 13 AND 28, I am sooooo over Donnie Darko.

Cult > Scene

Typing_Monkey

Mazzy

I watched The Shining last night. It was better than I last remembered it.