Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 12:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bright lights, big city

Quote from: defskull on Nov 29, 2014, 04:27 AM
Quote from: bright lights, big city on Nov 21, 2014, 04:50 PM
THE GUEST. This was so good, I don't know where to begin. The synthpop music. The main character making panties get drenched throughout. The action. A fight involving a fireball shot. Horror/thriller bits that reminded me of classic 80s and 90s movies. A little Terminator thrown in. Holy shit.
I'm pissed this movie has not gotten more attention. It was ridiculously good. It manages to be an homage to so many things while also being completely unique.
Totally. I also find it difficult to describe to other people because there's such an original coolness to it, while somehow also drawing from so many different genres. Not really a slasher movie, but I see inspiration from those types of movies from 20 years ago. Maybe 1 or 2 horror scenes. Not really an action movie, yet there's some incredible action sequences in there.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Penicks

Quote from: digital bath on Sep 08, 2014, 01:11 AM
Yesterday I saw the Angry Video Game Nerd Movie.
For a "low" budget self made movie it's well done and fun entertainment.
The movie is trashy and cheesy and seems intended especially for "nerds".
You really have to be familiar with AVGN and the "retro video game reviewer scene" and especially E.T. the video game to really enjoy this, if not it's just an average, maybe boring and annoying  (sometimes I felt so while watching) movie with some highlights in it.
Don't get me wrong, I love AVGN and his reviews and I know the hard work he had to made this movie, but in my opinion, since he announced that he makes this movie a few years ago and trough all the extra attention he became, he changed himself and don't seem naturally anymore, he convulsive has to play "The Nerd".
Even his last reviews aren't good than ussual.
But all in all, it's a good movie and worth to watch, even if you give a shit about retro games.

it was a horrible piece of shit, what the fuck. looked absoutely horrible, even for low budget, worst comedic timing ever and ran for an hour too long. jesus christ it sucked. fucking love james rolfe but this should've been aborted and burned

chick de la lynch

Quote from: defskull on Nov 29, 2014, 04:27 AM
Quote from: bright lights, big city on Nov 21, 2014, 04:50 PM
THE GUEST. This was so good, I don't know where to begin. The synthpop music. The main character making panties get drenched throughout. The action. A fight involving a fireball shot. Horror/thriller bits that reminded me of classic 80s and 90s movies. A little Terminator thrown in. Holy shit.

I'm pissed this movie has not gotten more attention. It was ridiculously good. It manages to be an homage to so many things while also being completely unique.

Well, well, well. Look at what the cat dragged in!

digital bath

Quote from: Penicks on Nov 29, 2014, 01:11 PM
Quote from: digital bath on Sep 08, 2014, 01:11 AM
Yesterday I saw the Angry Video Game Nerd Movie.
For a "low" budget self made movie it's well done and fun entertainment.
The movie is trashy and cheesy and seems intended especially for "nerds".
You really have to be familiar with AVGN and the "retro video game reviewer scene" and especially E.T. the video game to really enjoy this, if not it's just an average, maybe boring and annoying  (sometimes I felt so while watching) movie with some highlights in it.
Don't get me wrong, I love AVGN and his reviews and I know the hard work he had to made this movie, but in my opinion, since he announced that he makes this movie a few years ago and trough all the extra attention he became, he changed himself and don't seem naturally anymore, he convulsive has to play "The Nerd".
Even his last reviews aren't good than ussual.
But all in all, it's a good movie and worth to watch, even if you give a shit about retro games.

it was a horrible piece of shit, what the fuck. looked absoutely horrible, even for low budget, worst comedic timing ever and ran for an hour too long. jesus christ it sucked. fucking love james rolfe but this should've been aborted and burned

You're right, it's a piece of shit (like most everything he did in the last few years), but I think this is exactly what he wanted, a shitty movie.

RoyalDeftonicBoy

The Interview has been pulled off Theaters due to hackers attack on Sony's database.

bright lights, big city

DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

chick de la lynch

I can't imagine how much money Sony is losing because of this. This must really suck for Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg who put years of work into this film and won't get a premiere at least in the States. I'd be heartbroken.

bright lights, big city

On the other hand, I did see Nightcrawler and it was great. Very creepy, and I can actually see a lot of stuff in the movie paralleled to real life local news.  If it bleeds, it leads.

Between this and Enemy, 2014 is the year of the Gyllenhaal. Both are easily in my top 10.
DERP

Frankz0r

GONE GIRL
Shit it was great. At least 3 nominations in oscars next year IMO. (Score: Trent Reznor, actress, movie). There are some inconsistencies at the end but man, I loved almost every minute.

INTERSTELLAR
Great great great. Sometimes I was lost and didn't understand some shit but they explain everything as if you were a toddler. Nice photography and storyline. This one goes to the Oscar too, obviously. Christopher Nolan is a genius and I don't think he is overrated.

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Dec 18, 2014, 03:16 AM
Score one for cyber terrorism.

Now you can score 1 for Sony because the movie it is coming out after all at least in 200 Theaters.
Some voices are asking "Was that a publicity stunt?"

DeftonesNZ

I think something good could come from this, the VOD their planning could be really successful and force the industry to realise they need to update their content delivery methods, at the moment their delivery is so outdated it's not funny, your not going to stop piracy completely that's naive what you can do is give potential pirates a good legal alternative, I wouldn't pirate movies if I could watch it at home legally, I'd be happy to pay the price of the ticket if I could sit in the comfort of my home and start the movie when I wanted and pause it when someone leaves the room, they could even charge less or just take the extra profit because there would be no movie theatre taking a cut.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Dec 24, 2014, 04:31 AM
I think something good could come from this, the VOD their planning could be really successful and force the industry to realise they need to update their content delivery methods, at the moment their delivery is so outdated it's not funny, your not going to stop piracy completely that's naive what you can do is give potential pirates a good legal alternative, I wouldn't pirate movies if I could watch it at home legally, I'd be happy to pay the price of the ticket if I could sit in the comfort of my home and start the movie when I wanted and pause it when someone leaves the room, they could even charge less or just take the extra profit because there would be no movie theatre taking a cut.
You are 100% spot on. I am glad this movie is seeing the light of day when things looked dire last week, and I'm pumped to see it. This could make a killing if they release it soon on VOD. I think some form of VOD is the future (maybe yet another monthly subscription service), and I'm all for it. Half the movies I want to see in theaters are limited release and I really hate waiting months and months. Just release everything digitally on a specific date, like Netflix does. Inherent Vice is the current example of a movie I've been dying to see since it's "release" on Dec 12. And of course it's only playing in LA and NY for who knows how long.
DERP

blixa

the imitation game. so fucking good. it was depressing though considering.

taken 3. omg.

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Quote from: blixa on Jan 28, 2015, 02:28 PM
the imitation game. so fucking good. it was depressing though considering.

taken 3. omg.

How was Taken 3? Im kinda skeptical about seeing it.

blixa

it's not that good. it is, however, better than the second one. and totally made reference to the fact that there will be a taken 4.

action was very good though. totally unbelievable though.

bright lights, big city

saw A Walk Among the Tombstones. good Neeson flick.
DERP

bright lights, big city

DERP