Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 12:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bright lights, big city

DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Crazylegs

Dude, is this superhero fad ever going to pass? I've been tired of it 10 years.

Inkblades

people are people

Quote from: Inkblades on Apr 02, 2017, 01:49 PM
Ghost in the Shell was garbage. Save your money.
I watched this movie yesterday. Dope 7/10!

people are people

Quote from: Crazylegs on Apr 02, 2017, 02:48 AM
Lol 7.7.17
! No longer available
Spider-Man: Homecoming

BewareTheWater

Quote from: Crazylegs on Apr 02, 2017, 02:48 AM
Considering I'm a bit of a comic geek... No. I do want certain films *coughDCcough* to be better, but I don't want the " fad " to just stop. I can see the " they're all the same " complaints, but there's always a game changer every once in a while, like Logan. Logan was a phenomenal film, " superheroes " or not .

As for that Justice League trailer, a new one came out and while the film looks promising.... EVERY Snyder trailer looks promising ( well, almost every trailer ) ... But then you get the actual movie.... So fingers crossed, I guess.

! No longer available

people are people

It's always good to see the bad guy getting what he deserves!

BillyNo.9

Kong Skull Island was pretty enjoyable, I don't know if that was subliminally because of the soundtrack or what..

Aftermath is worth watching if you like a dark drama where you know something bad is gonna happen sooner or later, like We Need to Talk About Kevin. Schwarzenegger was a bad choice though obviously.

Is Logan all it's hyped up to be?

BewareTheWater

Quote from: BillyNo.9 on Apr 13, 2017, 08:46 AM
Kong Skull Island was pretty enjoyable, I don't know if that was subliminally because of the soundtrack or what..

Aftermath is worth watching if you like a dark drama where you know something bad is gonna happen sooner or later, like We Need to Talk About Kevin. Schwarzenegger was a bad choice though obviously.

! No longer available

Easily the best X-Men/Wolverine movie for me ( not that the other two solo Wolvie films were much competition... The second one started off great, at least, but the third act really brought it down for me. Still not as bad as X-Men Origins, though, for sure ) , and probably the best comic book film since The Dark Knight . It's ballsy, bleak, violent, and will tug at your fucking feel-strings hard , considering this is the last time we'll see Hugh Jackman and Patrick Stewart play these characters. Hopefully, at least... Otherwise, this sendoff would lose its impact.

O

Quote from: BewareTheWater on Apr 13, 2017, 10:29 PM
Quote from: BillyNo.9 on Apr 13, 2017, 08:46 AM

! No longer available

Easily the best X-Men/Wolverine movie for me ( not that the other two solo Wolvie films were much competition... The second one started off great, at least, but the third act really brought it down for me. Still not as bad as X-Men Origins, though, for sure ) , and probably the best comic book film since The Dark Knight . It's ballsy, bleak, violent, and will tug at your fucking feel-strings hard , considering this is the last time we'll see Hugh Jackman and Patrick Stewart play these characters. Hopefully, at least... Otherwise, this sendoff would lose its impact.

They're all cool! X-Men never fails!

BewareTheWater

It's very unique from the average X-Men film, though. It's more in the lines of a Western.

BewareTheWater

Yep, all of em....

Except for X-Men 3...

And X-Men Origins... Can never forgive them for Barakapool.

And I hear Apocalypse got great fan reactions, but reviews were pretty bad... I haven't seen it, so I can't really comment on that one, lol

O

I liked it personally. After they kill of Cyclops. People thought Xavier died but he did not die. If you did not watch it till the end credits...

BillyNo.9

Cheers for the info, I'll give it a spin after work tonight.
Personally I didn't enjoy any of the solo Wolverine films, so I've got high hopes for this one. Apocalypse is definitely worth if you've already seen the rest of the X-men films.

Watched Split last night.
[spoiler]Unbreakable Bruce Willis did it.[/spoiler]

Eros TBA

Quote from: Red Pill on Mar 17, 2017, 02:00 AM
I currently have in this house 87. What's your Top ?
I love
1-Fight Club
2-Matrix

1-American History X
2-Pulp Fiction