Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

glassJAw

Started by offteethtaste, May 13, 2005, 07:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Captain

Hopefully not...I want an excuse not to feel bad form issing Oakland

ALightOn

Quote from: "The Captain"Hopefully not...I want an excuse not to feel bad form issing Oakland
Even if it means not being able to ever see whatever version of GlassJaw(it is) ever again?

defskull

I really wish Head Automatica and Glassjaw would switch positions.  I don't want to sit through The Used.

The Captain

Quote from: "ALightOn"
Quote from: "The Captain"Hopefully not...I want an excuse not to feel bad form issing Oakland
Even if it means not being able to ever see whatever version of GlassJaw(it is) ever again?
I'm really worried about that, but I'm broke, I hate Oakland, and any show with 30 Seconds To Mars opening just starts things off on a bad note

defson43

this is the used's tour, gj will be before the used.

The Captain

^ Another thing I don't like about the tour. Nothing against theUsed, but GJ needs to headline that shit!

ALightOn

Quote from: "The Captain"^ Another thing I don't like about the tour. Nothing against theUsed, but GJ needs to headline that shit!
O.K. Weinstock and Beck on guitar; Gj headlining; and a 90-minute set...you have to go then

The Captain

if that were the case, I'd be trying harder

Malpractice

this tour is going to suck though it is going to be a really half-assed version of glassjaw. daryl hasn't even practiced with the band yet and he dosen't plan on. on a sirius radio interview he made mention while doing this tour he intends on traveling in a seperate bus with head automatica and writing new head automatica stuff every second that he isn't on the stage and also made mention of disintrest in the tour. glassjaw is dead and this tour was just an excuse for beck to get out of his office job for a month and see if he can still do this shit and to also shut up all the people complaining for glassjaw shows and new music. daryl's heart isn't in this band at all anymore and only grudginly agreed to do this tour because he knows he owes beck. beck and manny should just join chase pagan and let glassjaw call it a day offically. no use in prolonging the inevitable

defson43

UMMMMMM, GLASSJAW IS NOT HEADLINEING.....

OR ARE THEY?????????????

Malpractice

they aren't headlining

GreedyFly

yeah, my ticket for aug. 24th at sunset station says....The Used...and nothing else...sad...because i paid more for their ticket than I did for my Chimaira....and i'll probably only get 30-45 mins of glassjaw...shitty...but what can you do...and yeah i only like one song by the used, sound-effects and overdramatics....thats fucking it....

ChickdelaLynch

Wonderful. Daryl will now be lost forever as a sell-out.

defskull

Quote from: "Malpractice"he made mention while doing this tour he intends on traveling in a seperate bus with head automatica and writing new head automatica stuff every second that he isn't on the stage

But Head Automatica wont be touring the same time.  So why would they spend the money to move the band along with Daryl?

Malpractice

Quote from: "defskull"
Quote from: "Malpractice"he made mention while doing this tour he intends on traveling in a seperate bus with head automatica and writing new head automatica stuff every second that he isn't on the stage

But Head Automatica wont be touring the same time.  So why would they spend the money to move the band along with Daryl?

i think mostly for spite

defskull

I don't see that being true.

GreedyFly

i see them scrapping a couple of shows at least...hope its not mine because they wont come back and i will have to get drunk and throw bottles at Bert.

ALightOn

Quote from: "Malpractice"this tour is going to suck though it is going to be a really half-assed version of glassjaw. daryl hasn't even practiced with the band yet and he dosen't plan on. on a sirius radio interview he made mention while doing this tour he intends on traveling in a seperate bus with head automatica and writing new head automatica stuff every second that he isn't on the stage and also made mention of disintrest in the tour. glassjaw is dead and this tour was just an excuse for beck to get out of his office job for a month and see if he can still do this shit and to also shut up all the people complaining for glassjaw shows and new music. daryl's heart isn't in this band at all anymore and only grudginly agreed to do this tour because he knows he owes beck. beck and manny should just join chase pagan and let glassjaw call it a day offically. no use in prolonging the inevitable
If this is all true that is fucking shitty. I am going to the show(same venue) where I saw Glassjaw open for Deftones in summer 2000 at  Verizon Wireless Theatre in Houston. That was a killer show.Fuck, why do something if your heart is not in it. should've known it wasn't going to be real with all the lineup changes;I guess GlassJaw was dead the way Todd found out thru somebody else.Shady.Fucking shady!

nothing bleeds like

Obviously it's already being discussed, but I just have to say, my fucking jaw DROPPED when I saw this.

But, yeah, sucks that Daryl isn't even interested... If the first few shows have some positivity, I might go...

Justin_UGR

wow, I hope there are more dates closer to me, I'd love to see them live.