Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

glassJAw

Started by offteethtaste, May 13, 2005, 07:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caparison

whats up with them? (glassjaw) are they disbanded or what? What about some news or the new album?
I have absolutely no fucking idea :?

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: "subject"their first record was the best. trust me - i know more about music than you'll ever know. hahaha.
Dude, you suck. W&T > Eyewtkas

@ Caparison
glassjaw.com
glassjaw.net

subject

Quote from: "why?"
Quote from: "subject"their first record was the best. trust me - i know more about music than you'll ever know. hahaha.

coming from a guy that listens to ion dissonance. mwhahaha
yeah, i mean, they're only one of the most technically advanced bands to ever surface in the world of music making. they suck crock shit for sures.

subject

Quote from: "Paint Your Lips"
W&T > Eyewtkas
nope.

:wink:

they're both incredible records, but as i'm into the more 'aggressive' side of gj (and pretty much most of anything musically), i find my self drawn more to their first record, as it has more of that aggressive sound that feeds.

ben

Stop sucking Ion Dissonance's dick, they're not even that good.

BigDave

i defo prefer eyewtkas, but w&t is very close.  either way, im wearing a pretty awesome glassjaw tshirt right now.

defskull

Glassjaw needs to put out something. Even if it's terrible. Just so I can listen to some new Jaw

subject

Quote from: "ben"Stop sucking Ion Dissonance's dick, they're not even that good.
and who the fuck are you, Jules Holland?
the irony of that comment is that they really are one of the most technically advanced bands to ever surface. that's not me sucking on anyones dick - that's me stateing a musical fact.

Fireal1222

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

The Captain

Quote from: "The Captain"The HA documentary sounds interesting as well...if it is, in fact, a documentary and not a little 4 minute video
I was hoping for a real documentary, but it's webisodes.

http://www.warnerreprise.com/qt-ref/headautomatica_inthestudio1_ref.mov

stu

i grow weary of head automatica

ben

Quote from: "subject"
Quote from: "ben"Stop sucking Ion Dissonance's dick, they're not even that good.
the irony of that comment is that they really are one of the most technically advanced bands to ever surface. that's not me sucking on anyones dick - that's me stateing a musical fact.

Thanks for the info, god.

hydroponic82

Quote from: "Fireal1222"jawglass

Oldnewtype

haha im pretty sure thats whats called an opinion buddy, not a fact

subject

Quote from: "ben"

Thanks for the info, god.
no problem, my child.

subject

Quote from: "Oldnewtype"

haha im pretty sure thats whats called an opinion buddy, not a fact
you do know what math-core is, right?

Oldnewtype

of course, its a genre of music. theres plent of'em out there, and none of them are any better than the other.

subject

you're only stating the obvious.

the reason i asked is because if you understood the basis of math-core, which is - 'Calculus Theory', (which is also what every tech/math band base their track formations/structures on) then you would of clearly known that what i said had absolutely nothing to do with opinion.

the most technical form of any kind of music is based on the concept of calculus theory. such genres include... Jazz(particularly modern Jazz) and certain Classical. it involves integral elements that completely fucks with time pattens; which consistently over-lap, change, converse, and just pretty much breaks every musical law in the book. it's the science, or the mathematics rather, behind the term 'technical'; the extreme of variables.

Ion Dissonance, along with a few other great bands, take Calculus Theory to the most highest degree. thus why i said they're one of the most technically advanced bands to ever surface.

Oldnewtype

You know what sucks?

No one who buys the cd is going to know that

stu