Slipknot thread

Started by Infected Mushroom, May 29, 2005, 01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Infected Mushroom

What do you think about them?

Are they popular in your country?

Favourite album (if any :wink: ).

raynor

musically i don't hate them, they're "ok" in my book.

but their masks, lyrics and behaviours are really gay.

Infected Mushroom

Quote from: "raynor"musically i don't hate them, they're "ok" in my book.

but their masks, lyrics and behaviours are really gay.

I agree. Musically they're fantastic; masks are ok but all other things just suck.

BigDave

they're fairly popular over here, but i despise them, its shit for 13-14 year olds.  whats worse, over here if you say you like metal, people automatically think you like slipknot.

DeadPassenger

They are very popular here. Everywhere I go I see kids with slipknot patches on their bagpacks. I think the first Album was the best, the rest was shitty.

black coffee

where in nrw do you live

4th Eye

I'm currently wearing a Slipknot t-shirt that I made myself kinda for the show three years back. They put up quite a good show and I got my self-titled album signed. I was a big fan then but currently they're ok and the self-titled is my favorite album with Prosthetics probably being my favorite track.

Few years ago there was this Sliphop-craze. Everyone was wearing loose hiphop jeans and a Slipknot-shirt but that's over now, I suppose. Though I think the new album did lift the band back up to spotlight and appealed to a bit different audience.

Paint Your Lips

Selftitled was cool. Iowa was a bit of a disapointment, and Vol 3 just sucked ass ...

I wouldn't listen to them now, as i've found so many bands that are far better than them. They are dull in my book now. But, just three years ago i digged them a lot.

Azwethinkweiz

First two albums was shit..

Subliminal Verses is very good I think..

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: "Azwethinkweiz"First two albums was shit..

Hahaha.

Azwethinkweiz

Quote from: "Paint Your Lips"
Quote from: "Azwethinkweiz"First two albums was shit..

Hahaha.

Vol. 3 is musically and lyrically 100 times better than the first two...

well, it's a matter of opinion..

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: "Azwethinkweiz"Vol. 3 is musically and lyrically 100 times better than the first two...

well, it's a matter of opinion..

"I push my fingers into my ... EYeeeeeeeeeeeessss .... Laa la la la la"

Malpractice

i still love the s/t album alot, i thought Iowa sucked and i like a few songs on the Vol. 3 album like "Prelude", "The Blister Exists", and "Vermillion" but as a whole the album also kind of sucks. They were a great live band in their heyday but i think they kind of suck live now too (but they were pretty good at Ozzfest last year)

Infected Mushroom

Quote from: "BigDave"they're fairly popular over here, but i despise them, its shit for 13-14 year olds.  whats worse, over here if you say you like metal, people automatically think you like slipknot.

haha

skinnypuppy

I think what turns me off about slipknot are the fans. theyre fucking morons.
and the mask thing is just dumb. at first it was a gimic, so it was ok. but as time went on, it really just became boring.
their last album was pretty shitty too. at least with the two albums prior to the last one, they had some good songs here and there. but there really wasnt anything good about the last one.

Oldnewtype

hahahaha, infected mushroom, your avatar says it all.

no really, i like alot of their stuff. There are some songs on Vol. 3 i really fucking hate, but my favorite songs by them are on that album as well. IOWA and S/T are decent.

They're are one of those bands ill listen to and enjoy if my friends put it on, but ive always got better things to listen to.

raynor

Quote from: "Oldnewtype"They're are one of those bands ill listen to and enjoy if my friends put it on, but ive always got better things to listen to.
exactly!

ragdoll

never liked them. there's like what...9 members? and between all of them they still havent made one decent song.

CentralIllNoise

i thought their first cd was amazing. never got into the last 2. have seen them 3 times and they still put on a good how now, but nothing like the shows they had before Iowa came out. overall i would say they are now decent at best

lifter

First album : pretty good
Iowa : meh, some good songs
Vol. 3 : havnet heard, dont really care to anyways
Live : i guess before they were pretty crazy live, but on diasterpieces and on this live speacial on Fuse, the singer killed it for me, he sux live.

oh i almost forgot Mate Feed Kill Repeat, which is pretty good too, most of the songs i like.