Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Slipknot thread

Started by Infected Mushroom, May 29, 2005, 01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldnewtype

Slipknot are fucking posers, its all a ginormous act.

They arent the most creative band in the world at ALL, but if someone puts on s/t or iowa i won't mind. Vol. 3, though...I really like about 4 or 5 tracks, the rest i cannot fucking stand. mainly three nil, opium of the whatever, and uhh forgot names.

sukkafish

Mate Feed Kill Repeat will always be the best, it's so diverse, Joey was still highly influenced by his jazz drumming. And I love the slower tracks on Vol. 3  :)

MakeFunOfFatPeople

Quote from: sukkafish on Jul 17, 2006, 01:16 AM
Mate Feed Kill Repeat will always be the best, it's so diverse, Joey was still highly influenced by his jazz drumming. And I love the slower tracks on Vol. 3  :)

Yeah, mate feed kill repeat was they best shit, no doubt.

Jizzlobber

<

MakeFunOfFatPeople

Quote from: Jizzlobber on Jul 17, 2006, 11:03 AM
Quote from: MakeFunOfFatPeople on Jul 15, 2006, 11:28 PM
Quote from: Jizzlobber on Jul 15, 2006, 03:54 PM
they've sold millions of albums

so?

so i bet you'd like to suck it wouldnt you. rent boy

please. take your teen movie comebacks to national lampoons or the waynes brothers. Gill Bates.

theis

yup, they still suck.

shine down unshy

Yea?  well, I like what I've heard so far.  Sounds like he's got his vocals back. 

Deftonesaddict

Deftones-88-05-Deftones

Yeah all hope is gone for them because it suck balls.
" You are just Disconnected, Apathetic It must be so pathetic to be this frantic You are just Like methadone for an addict  "   Mark Hunter

" Im gonna see you bleeding Face down in the dirt Im gonna give you back what Youve taken with hurt You coward Im going to spit right in your face" Rob Flynn

E-Money

fucking weak band!  they suck for having 8 or 9 dudes in their band.  3 guys beating on a keg with a bat just doesn't do it for me.

whodunit?

for me the band is like a springboard from more demanding music. It's funny cause today I've been listening to vol. 3 the whole day. I think the album is good, even though they're posers bla bla bla. However, for some reason I hate when people say they suck because they're highly popular. I bet 75% of people saying crap about a band, not only Slipknot, were listening to the band some time in their lives.
It's like Theis talking shit about The Mars Volta but still I bet he's listening to it from time to time. And I remember him moaning about not going to their concert.
It's the same kind of shit-talk.

About the new track, I think it's nothing surprising but I will probably give the album a try.

Iowa introduced me into heavier stuff.

theis

Quote from: whodunit? on Jun 16, 2008, 09:23 PM
It's like Theis talking shit about The Mars Volta but still I bet he's listening to it from time to time. And I remember him moaning about not going to their concert.
It's the same kind of shit-talk.

Haha, whaaa?

Okay, I was drunk when I wrote TMV sucks...they don't suck. They're indeed skilled musicians... they are just beginning to annoy the shit out of me. I hate their 7 min random guitar noises. They do have some great songs though and yes, I'd have liked to experience them live. No doubt about that.

Back to Slipknot; they don't suck because they're popular, they suck because they make fucking horrible music.
They look and act like idiots... horrible lyrics, repedetive song structures... just a fucking boring and horrible band.
Oh, and the fact they have 9 band members... fucking laughable. the so-called percustionists just run around on stage with baseball bats and simulate masturbation with their long clown-noses. FUCKING DUMB.

they're on the same level with Limp Bizkit when it comes to absolute suckage.

theis

5th user account = massive fail

Alvar

there never was hope....

big pain in the ass

last.fm/user/z0z0bra
The streets have gone dark. They've been dark for days. We board up the house. Hide upstairs and wait!

whodunit?

THEIS - Question: what makes you think they make horrible music?

You listen to Death Cab. THEY're a bunch of gays making terrible and turgid music.

It's just words. I don't agree they make horrible music. They're ok band, a kind of shit you listen to twice a year.

The scenic stuff is different thing. I don't think you've ever listened and seen black/death metal bands/shows. Body painting, scenic acting, it's all part of the music. If you don't accept it, damn you. Many metal artists say without "being theatrical" on a stage would be like 50% of the show, THE SHOW. If you're saying they act like fools, you're a fool yourself. You don't appreciate art. Have you ever been to the music teather. I guess not. the music is different but the acting is pretty much the same. We had lectures with an actor singing in the theatres. He said he hates metal music but the acting he loves.

When it comes to music, I think half the bands appearing on this board are fuckin' terrible. They copy, they do not make anything original. But still many people listen to it cause they like it. I don't think there are any original metal bands at the moment, besides maybe 2-3 examples.

theis

Quote from: whodunit? on Jun 16, 2008, 09:45 PM
THEIS - Question: what makes you think they make horrible music?

You listen to Death Cab. THEY're a bunch of gays making terrible and turgid music.

1. I've already answered that question.

2. So Death  Cab is gay now? I'm pretty sure they're all happily married with women. And you probably haven't even listened to their music. They make great music. Take a listen to their album "Transatlanticism".

and LOL @ calling Slipknot's scene shows art. that had me rolling.