Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

- Photographer -

Started by Mazzy, Jul 31, 2005, 04:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn

The picture in my signature is probably one of my favourites. It's Cody Votolato from The Blood Brothers, taken by www.redhedpictures.com

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: Glenn on Mar 21, 2007, 06:10 PM
The picture in my signature is probably one of my favourites. It's Cody Votolato from The Blood Brothers, taken by www.redhedpictures.com
Some cool pictures in there. But, it's quite difficult to keep ones attentions focused on band pic after band pic.

You colour freak, hehe. No, colour pictures are awesome, when you just tone down the colours a bit. So it doesn't loo too raw and amateur-ish.

Subliminal

Quote from: Glenn on Mar 21, 2007, 06:10 PM

I'd have him.

Jerry_Curls

And I think he's gay too...

So I woke up from a nap right now, the sun was going through my house because it is nearing sunset, so I picked up that cmaera that I haven't touched. I love the way the sun looks on hardwood floors, so I got inspired by the sun. Went outside, took a couple pics. Felt great to see beautiful things [in a not so beautiful part of the city] right outside my house. Hopefully they will come alright becuse I changed the speed after my first pic. Whoops.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

Paint Your Lips

I like the second one from the right. What settings did you use?

Glenn

thanks dewd.

1/15 f/3.5 ISO 100

then some photoshop of course.

Goonies Never Say Die

concerning photographers in music, these two are my fav:

CINDY FREY for portraits and promotional stuff(also check her official website) and Blair Reynolds for live show pics! Her live shots of bands are breathtaking!!!

Paint Your Lips

Behold ! My new camera. Production year: 1961

Can't wait to finnish a B&W film and get the sucker processed !

Jerry_Curls

..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: Jerry_Curls on Apr 01, 2007, 07:45 AM
Hot.
Indeed. But, it's hard as hell to get a B&W role in my town. Sucks.

TheWatcher

Quote from: Paint Your Lips on Mar 31, 2007, 11:52 PM

when u going take more pics?

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: TheWatcher on Apr 04, 2007, 04:57 AM

when u going take more pics?
Today. Going to Copenhagen. And pretty much the rest of the week. So, hopefully i'll get something good. :)

TheWatcher

great, cant wait to see the pics.

Mazzy

what brand is it? it looks sweet and not too complicated to use. i'm still sorting out my nikon f80.

and i really want this. i'm sick of using my parent's kodak.

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: Mazzy on Apr 09, 2007, 06:46 AM
what brand is it? it looks sweet and not too complicated to use. i'm still sorting out my nikon f80.
It's a Zeiss. The model is called Contina. :) I don't know if it's easy to use, but you got a lot of settings to choose from.

Mazzy

same with my f80. there's a wide array of controls. i love it though. i took a few photos with it at a festival i went to but it was still during a period where i was trying to figure out what did what. i sort of had a clue but it was all so...manual, you know. there's so much you have to do as a picture taker. it is so much more involving and that can be scary and exciting at the same time. you're just that much more eager about how the photo will come out and then seeing the results and seeing what you did wrong and where you were successful is so rewarding.

i also decided that i would save a bit of money and cash in on a really good professional digital camera instead of wasting my money away on compact digital camera. i'm leading towards canon because i want to own a canon digital camera. the eos 400 look really good but by the time i have enough money a new model would have come out :/ fucking technology, you just can't bloody keep up. or maybe a nikon. nikon always slurps me in. bastards!

Paint Your Lips

I recommend a Canon. I love my 350D. And it's ability to fit any Canon lens out there.

In the Digital Vs Analog discussion, i'm still leaning towards digital. I just don't have the patience to wait for a film to be developed, and THEN I need to scan the pictures.

I like how I can take a shitload of pictures and throw my pictures on my mac in less than 5 seconds and start to organize, alter, manipulate, et cetera.

Glenn

I just borrowed an 70-200:2,8 L from work. Gonna take pictures for STCC (Swedish rally) tomorrow. This is kinda my ordeal by fire, so wish me luck.

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: Glenn on Apr 11, 2007, 03:32 PM
This is kinda my ordeal by fire, so wish me luck.
Good luck, man. And post the shots. :)