Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

- Photographer -

Started by Mazzy, Jul 31, 2005, 04:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mazzy

Quote from: Subliminal on Apr 21, 2007, 11:11 PM

I'll post them later, I'm too stuffed from all the chinese food!

DUDE, THAI FOOD!!

and you can never go wrong with a nikon.

Quote from: neurotic on Apr 22, 2007, 01:11 AM
nice photos. haven't been here in a while so i had to catch up..;)

@ Mazzy - do more portraits!:)

i'm glad you like my portraits. here's one for you:

i am on a hunt for this kids mother so i can give her a huge copy of this photo because it's in my room and i need to get rid of it because it's freaking me out. i missed you, you're like my partner here.

rxqueen

So you didn't know this kid? He looks pretty comfy in this situation, you could've stolen him and he wouldn't even be worried (with some bars of chocolate!).. ^^

devilinside

rxqueen

Oh wow, children and butterflies. You know how to make the heart smile Kelly..

neurotic

Quote from: Mazzy on Apr 22, 2007, 05:56 AM
i missed you, you're like my partner here.

aww... i missed you too! :*

@ Kelly - I agree, the kid and the butterfly - +10!

<a href="http://www.pticica.com/slika.aspx?korisnikid=359&slikaid=75611" > 20070420_0872 </a>
...never trust the obvious...

theis

That's a fucking cool picture, man.

devilinside

Quote from: neurotic on Apr 23, 2007, 12:07 AM

aww... i missed you too! :*

@ Kelly - I agree, the kid and the butterfly - +10!

<a href="http://www.pticica.com/slika.aspx?korisnikid=359&slikaid=75611" > 20070420_0872 </a>

I'm glad to see you back!

And that is an amazing picture.

neurotic

Thank you both, i'm sorry it's so blurry, forgot my tripod.. but it will probably be re-shot..;)
<a href="http://www.pticica.com/slika.aspx?korisnikid=359&slikaid=68418" > 20070409_0155 </a>
...never trust the obvious...

TheWatcher

Quote from: Mazzy on Apr 21, 2007, 04:17 PM
i really like your pictures, liam. they suit the style of the music deftones create. i love the one of stef. it really captures his essence. nikons rock. the d70 is amazing...if you ever want to upgrade and kick the press photographers arses that is, and i highly recommend that you do!

this is my friend jess. i liked these photos, they make me slightly happy. i like doing portraiture.

i'm sorry, i have a really crappy scanner. it's the best i could do.

she's cute!

Gaz

I've uploaded my Photography to deviantART, http://gazkemp.deviantart.com/

rxqueen

what our garden has in store:

what my hometown has in store:

devilinside

Quote from: rxqueen on May 21, 2007, 09:03 PM
what our garden has in store:

I have these growing on the side of my house. :D They're soo pretty in the morning.

rxqueen

And the colours are so beautiful! <3

Mazzy

my new nikkor 28-85mm lens. it's not a 28-105mm [i can't afford them right now] but it's just as good. it's a little heavy but i'm happy with it. i'm taking it out for a little spin in a day or two.

rxqueen

<3 Now you can spy on almost everything and everyone.

Paint Your Lips

I'm getting a Canon EF 70-300mm IS USM in a few days. Can't wait. :)

rxqueen

I think about getting a new cam. The canon eos 400D is quite fetching, since it has a pretty good price/performance ratio for an slr. And canon has this cashback thing going currently (til end of june). If you have the original barcode and the receipt you get back some money. (80€ in case of the 400D) Didn't we have someone with that cam here on the board?

Mazzy

neurotic has a canon eos 400D.

i heard they're pretty good and her photos are great so it is good quality. buy one if you want to because if you want to buy one and you don't you'll regret it. it sells for around $2,000 here. i've seen one for cheaper though. they always get cheaper when a newer model comes out. good luck with your decision, i know how hard it is. there's so many out there but you just have to find one that your heart agrees with.

rxqueen

It depends on the lense, the cheapest one I found (18-55mm) is about 640€ and a double kit (18-55 and 55-200mm) is about 880€. But the prices differ a lot. There are also offers that are 200/300€ higher.

Paint Your Lips

The 18-55mm is a great starter. I've used it for a year, and now I feel like i'm ready for a better lense. That's why i'm buying the Canon EF 70-300mm IS USM.

make sure, if you get a big lense, that it has IS (Image Stabilization). Look it up on Wikipedia.