Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Next Show You're Going To

Started by ben, Aug 17, 2005, 09:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin

ANattyRat

Lucky_Me

Weird al Yankovic in Amsterdam. ;D Too bad his gig is on the same date as Gabriel Rios'. Oh well... ::) Then I'll be following Deftones on their Euro tour. I'm so excited, haha, as usual. ;)

Deftones47, may I ask where you are from? How far are you guys willing to travel to see Deftones? I'm sorry if this is all too offtopic, but I'm just curious. I myself am fine with anything that's doable by train within 10 hours approximately.
Eccentricity is but a sophisticated form of insanity.

theis

N0S3BLEED976

Quote from: theis on May 25, 2015, 11:01 AM
KEN Mode on wednesday.

Man, I'm so jealous! I'd love to go to their show in Hamburg on Thursday, but I can't afford the trip, unfortunately. Super pumped for their new album, by the way. I preordered the clear vinyl, which is limited to 100 units worldwide.
Report back when you've been there. I've heard they put on some really intense shows

Vesanic

Seeing fucking Refused and Failure in two weeks

E-Money

The grateful dead the last 2 days of the year at the forum in LA

Then Tool in San Diego. Will be my first tool show . Can't wait!

bebo

Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on May 25, 2015, 11:52 AM
Quote from: theis on May 25, 2015, 11:01 AM
KEN Mode on wednesday.

Man, I'm so jealous! I'd love to go to their show in Hamburg on Thursday, but I can't afford the trip, unfortunately. Super pumped for their new album, by the way. I preordered the clear vinyl, which is limited to 100 units worldwide.
Report back when you've been there. I've heard they put on some really intense shows

not gonna lie, when I saw them it felt way too theatrical and teen angsty, mostly their frontman/guitarist. they also had tech difficulties and just stopped right in the middle of a song as the guitarist threw a fit. wasnt the best day for him i spose

good musics though

theis

BEHEMOTH in january along with Abbath, Entombed and Inquisition.

Behemoth will play 'The Satanist' from start to finish. Can't fucking wait.

BillyNo.9

BATTLES in March  ;D  Can anyone tell me what the O2 Academy in Liverpool is like, looks quite a small venue from pictures?

theis

LOOK AT THIS MAGNIFICENT LINEUP! HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

You have my permission to be jealous.

deftones47

Possibly Chon at the end of March. The Contortionist in April regardless.

Really wish I could go to the Sumerian Records 10th anniversary concert but plans happened.

Entombed

Seeing Glassjaw in a few days. It's been a while since I've been to a concert and I've wanted to see them live for about a decade, so I'm pretty stoked about it.
Tell the one about the man who dug holes so deep, he lost sight of his word.

ANattyRat

Quote from: Entombed on Feb 25, 2016, 10:39 AM
Seeing Glassjaw in a few days. It's been a while since I've been to a concert and I've wanted to see them live for about a decade, so I'm pretty stoked about it.

I was going to see Glassjaw when they were in the UK with Coheed and Cambria but I wasn't well, I was devastated, been wanting to see them for ages. Hope you enjoy it!

Seeing letlive. in April, can't wait, they're one of my favourite bands, and it's been quite a while since they were last here.

E-Money

Deftones and mother fuckin Snoop DOGG!!

Should be fun.

Entombed

Quote from: ANattyRat on Feb 25, 2016, 11:25 AM

I was going to see Glassjaw when they were in the UK with Coheed and Cambria but I wasn't well, I was devastated, been wanting to see them for ages. Hope you enjoy it!

Seeing letlive. in April, can't wait, they're one of my favourite bands, and it's been quite a while since they were last here.

I still have yet to listen to letlive. I've heard good things, but I just haven't done it yet. I'm going to Glassjaw's show with my gf, my bestie, and his gf as well. I've seen the Deftones a couple times already, as well as Crosses, but have yet to see Glassjaw live. They're #1 on my list of bands to see, so I'm pretty stoked.
Tell the one about the man who dug holes so deep, he lost sight of his word.

ANattyRat

Quote from: Entombed on Feb 28, 2016, 11:14 AM
Quote from: ANattyRat on Feb 25, 2016, 11:25 AM

I still have yet to listen to letlive. I've heard good things, but I just haven't done it yet. I'm going to Glassjaw's show with my gf, my bestie, and his gf as well. I've seen the Deftones a couple times already, as well as Crosses, but have yet to see Glassjaw live. They're #1 on my list of bands to see, so I'm pretty stoked.

A lot of people say they're a wannabe-Glassjaw band, some people think they're heavily influenced by them, etc. It just depends. They're definitely influenced by them, but those influences have gotten less obvious since their latest album, more a mix of genres and everything.

Yeah, as far as bands I haven't seen yet, Glassjaw is the top of my list. And La Dispute, I love that band, have you heard of them? I've missed out on seeing them like four times now.

deftones47

Quote from: deftones47 on Feb 24, 2016, 05:21 AM
Possibly Chon at the end of March. The Contortionist in April regardless.

Really wish I could go to the Sumerian Records 10th anniversary concert but plans happened.

So I saw Chon and they put on an amazing show! I'm seeing the Contortionist one week from now.

After that, seeing that tour with Dying Fetus, The Acacia Strain, and some other bands I don't remember at the moment, and then in May, my friend is inviting me to see Thy Art Is Murder with him.

WickedBreath

Tuska Metal Festival in Helsinki this July, with Gojira and Katatonia among others.

theis

Ghost/Iron Maiden, june 21.

and then Copenhell (Dropkick Murphys, Norma Jean, Alice Cooper, Converge, With the Dead, Abbath, Amon Amarth, Entombed, Kadavar, Redwood Hill, King Diamond, Tribulation, Decapitated, Dark Funeral, BLACK SABBATH, Havok, etc...)