Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

lost CONTAINS SPOILERS

Started by wharf rat, Sep 14, 2005, 09:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shine down unshy

"The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference.
The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference.
The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference.
And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference."

Elie Wiesel

Starz

Just watched the last two episodes...

lostpilot

that was.. . . .. .. ..
I mean, the end, explosion.. I have many theories.
and as for the Jacob and the other god.. Devil and the God? what?
whole episode was really nice. eh.
so now we'll have to wait another half of year to at least find out what happened..

and come on, please don't kill Juliette. she's awesome.

Starz

Yeah I was also thinking Devil and God, especially when he touched Locke and he suddenly woke up when he fell out of building. I don't believe Jacob is dead and I think Ben is more important than we are led to believe... When Richard spoke Latin, the translation is 'The one who saves/protects us...' I think.

There is definitely some religous thing going on here but we shall see...

lostpilot

the latin phrase means 'Whoever will help us, will help everyone'.
I loved the idea of fate versus free will (from ATPR).

bright lights, big city

yeah i see what you guys mean, I've figured out for a while now that there are so many religious undertones to the series in general. but man, I just don't know what to think about next year's final season. who knows anymore. I give so much credit to the writers, there are so many things now that refer back to the 1st and 2nd seasons. and who could've seen that Locke twist coming?? (plus, ever since the season 2 finale I love every moment the giant statue is on the screen)

every single scene was crucial in the 2 hour finale as well, and I enjoyed it all. from the emotion of Sawyer/Juliet (sorry but I think she's done for) to that scene with Bernard and Rose and Vincent the dog. good god, they brought so much into perspective. and we never even saw any of Desmond or Widmore in these episodes!

what I'd like to know...what is the theory on Christian now? is he just an abhorrition of the Smoke monster or he like the "Devil" from the beginning that now is like "Zombie Locke"
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

lostpilot

yeah, I suppose it's just a form of the evil guy.. probably.
I heard theories that black smoke = the evil guy taking all sorts of shapes, but actually black smokes work in favor of Jacob, so that's not really true.

and what about the "loophole" to kill Jacob? so interesting. and yes, I totally agree with you on broadening our spectrum with Bernard and Rose, etc.. so nice, so nice.

bright lights, big city

well, I have at least come to the conclusion that this is what the statue is....Sobek, with the ankh in his hand as well.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sobek

DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Gherde

nine months till next season, nine months!!!

I think the new Locke is the black smoke, who can take any form, like Alex or Christian

lithium

💩

lostpilot

now this is just wrong, lithium

shine down unshy

Shoulda used a picture of Sawyer.

There Will Be Blood

just started watching season 5..... I'm loving the time travel story. JJ sure loves time travel plots!

bright lights, big city

I, for one, am eagerly anticipating this coming Tuesday. Gotta enjoy it while it lasts, since there is not other show that I anticipate as much as Lost. I read somewhere a couple weeks ago that Jeff Fahey(the crazy pilot) is getting more screen time, which is awesome. And John Hawkes (Deadwood and Eastbound & Down) is joining this season as well. I love how they consistently get fuckin' GOOD actors on this show.
DERP

your sister gets me hard

Wow, I made this thread back in 05 lol.  I still hate this show.

lostpilot

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Jan 29, 2010, 09:54 PM
I, for one, am eagerly anticipating this coming Tuesday. Gotta enjoy it while it lasts, since there is not other show that I anticipate as much as Lost. I read somewhere a couple weeks ago that Jeff Fahey(the crazy pilot) is getting more screen time, which is awesome. And John Hawkes (Deadwood and Eastbound & Down) is joining this season as well. I love how they consistently get fuckin' GOOD actors on this show.

I'm excited as well. Seen first four minutes of "LA X", excited about things, and you know - it's the last season, and even though I'm pretty sure the series will end in a incomprehensible plot  twist with an open interpretation, many mysteries are yet to be solved during this season. Which - obviously - is good. I just don't want to be disappointed when aliens or black holes and "I see dead people" show up

bright lights, big city

haha! yeah let's hope that's not how it all ends.... who am i kidding, it does have to be something COMPLETELY out of left field.
DERP

lostpilot

I still think the writers will end the stories in a way that, how to express that in words - hm - nothing ever happened. I mean, nothing EVER happened, everything is like a time error or something, so, nothing happened = no need to explain something what did not happen anyway.

I mean, LOST is all about super weird things going on with no reasonable explanation, so you know..

lostpilot

watched the recap today.
soooooooooooooooooooooo excited

bright lights, big city

ahhhh! i'm so excited that even my friends are having a big lost viewing party tomorrow. fucking sweet!
DERP