Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

lost CONTAINS SPOILERS

Started by wharf rat, Sep 14, 2005, 09:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lostpilot

isn't Richard.. like immortal or something? it is kinda weird how their deaths are so FAST and meaningless

dawg

I doubt that Richard actually is dead

lostpilot

in LOST we have to actually _SEE_ someone die

There Will Be Blood

bright lights, big city

i do have my doubts about Richard's status. Ilana had said before that he was important, and we haven't seen any important actions from him this season. What a meaningless character in the end (if he really is gone)
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

There Will Be Blood

I'll be pissed. He's one of my favorite characters!

blixa

Quote from: bright lights, big city on May 20, 2010, 06:22 AM
i agree, those were the top 3 highlights. but i'm pissed off with seeing the way [spoiler]Richard and Widmore[/spoiler] died. they were uneventful deaths (i guess Ben won), while being crucial characters throughout the entire series. i get that it's the end and some of these deaths are to be expected, but i'm kind of disappointed.

i actually appreciate the fact that these people are having uneventful deaths. it's balanced. the way sun and jin died was pretty intense. my dad was affected and that says a lot. if you look at the way a lot of characters have died in the last few seasons its been pretty aesthetically pleasing. this season a lot of characters are dying in realistic ways.

charlie had the best death in my books. it was fucking perfect. the way he crossed himself and just died. it was fucking beautiful, man.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: blixa on May 21, 2010, 04:29 PM
charlie had the best death in my books. it was fucking perfect. the way he crossed himself and just died. it was fucking beautiful, man.
i concur, that ending to that season finale was one of the best moments in the entire series.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

blixa

the best episode was 'the constant' and charlie had the best death. the storyline of penny and desmond has been one i've had the bigger response to. i loved the scene when the man on the street takes a picture of desmond and penny and desmond doesn't have enough money to pay for the polaroid so he breaks up with penny. i still remember that scene. i haven't been able to forget it.

i don't know what i'm going to do if desmond gets killed off.

There Will Be Blood

ToneDef

bright lights, big city

shit yeah... like 7 hours!!
DERP

defskull

Okay I've never seen an episode of Lost but I know that the Deftones song title "This Place Is Death" is a reference to the show.  Anyone else think it'd be awesome if the show ends with this song playing?

bright lights, big city

honestly, i would say fuck no. the music in this series WAS perfect the way it WAS. (i need to get used to talking about this in past tense now)

and i very satisfied with the ending. amazing and poetic. now you other fans need to get on here to help me make COMPLETE sense of it all.
DERP

There Will Be Blood

dawg

the built up to it was great but the final 5 mins were bad.
there are still so many questions unanswered!

overall great show. finally something awesome after the x-files!
and to always remember how cool Sawyer is I just purchased an actionfigure :)

bright lights, big city

Quote from: dawg on May 24, 2010, 01:10 PM
and to always remember how cool Sawyer is I just purchased an actionfigure :)
haha! "son of a bitch!"

i don't know, the more i think about the ending, the more i think it was f-ing brilliant.
DERP

lostpilot

I'm shattered. The finale was just perfect - yet heartbreaking - yet purposeful.
I have so many thoughts about everything now. LOST is definitely the best tv show I have ever seen in my life, and I spent countless hours watching this, and I knew that the finale would blow me away, but not THIS much.
I mean. Like. OMG.

The finale HIGHLY corresponded with my mental status and my general personal feelings, so, I don't know, I feel like I touched the heart of the show.
It is SO beautiful. Wow. I mean like WOW.
Nothing can beat this.

Wow. I'm just speechless.

Starz

That's a good point, maybe the most important point of what the whole show is about... You either hate it or love it. If you have some sort of personal, emotional attachment then you'll watch it from the beginning to the end, every episode. Maybe because somewhere in that show there is a character who we can all somehow relate to on a personal level.

No matter who you are or what you've done, there is light at the end of tunnel...

(Though there are obvious questions unanswered... where was Walt? Why wasn't Miles or Richard or Frank in the church at the end either...)...

lostpilot

Quote from: Starz on May 24, 2010, 10:39 PM
That's a good point, maybe the most important point of what the whole show is about... You either hate it or love it. If you have some sort of personal, emotional attachment then you'll watch it from the beginning to the end, every episode. Maybe because somewhere in that show there is a character who we can all somehow relate to on a personal level.

No matter who you are or what you've done, there is light at the end of tunnel...

(Though there are obvious questions unanswered... where was Walt? Why wasn't Miles or Richard or Frank in the church at the end either...)...

yeah, I was a LITTLE disappointed with the reality catching up with the show (like Mr. Eko asking his usual episode pay times 6). The writers etc surely did not have enough resources to bring back EVERY character. And I'm pretty sure there is some meaning behind the "selection" of the finalees.

But you know what? After some thought I decided I do not need any answers. I'm fine with the fundamental ending about life and death entirely. I decided I'm not even going to try to talk to people that disliked the finale very much. Different opinions. Either you hate it, or love it.