Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

lost CONTAINS SPOILERS

Started by wharf rat, Sep 14, 2005, 09:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blixa

BEN, MARRY ME, PLZ.

i know it's been months since it ended but i have been rethinking and retalking about lost because my friend is watching it and she's up to the finale now. we were talking about character development in the show and how in the beginning i really disliked ben but then he owned season five and six. take the scene that i posted between ben and ilana that was by far the best dialogue i'd heard since 'the constant'. ben is the most complex and complete character. i guess he's complete in a sense that he isn't complete, he's so faulty and his loyalties always seem to be shifting.

i loved desmond but i think ben linus was definitely my favourite character. desmond's accent stumps all though.

i was just wondering what character you started off gravitating to and then who you shifted to in the end when you saw the complete transformation of each character.

bright lights, big city

my best friend is actually watching this now too, and myself and a couple of others catch some of the episodes with him. he's ending season 4 this weekend, but I watched the season 3 finale (Through the Looking Glass) with him and that might be my favorite episode. just so much shit going on, so much emotion, so much great acting(including great scenes between Locke and Ben on the quest to meet Jacob), and then Charlie... yeah. basically i really am appreciating this show even more now than when it was on. it was definitely meant to be seen consecutively, instead of 16 weekly episodes per year (I don't know how we did that). I catch so many little things now that get brought up weeks later, especially the little cameos early in the series of key characters like Richard and Faraday's mother.

as for your question, I honestly enjoyed the badassery of guys like Sayid, Locke and Sawyer and Eko early on (I was devastated when Eko died, but looking back they concluded his story so I'm fine with it). by season 3, I gravitated to the obvious choice of Jack, first because I kind of related to some of his personal troubles. then when we see the future, and he's depressed and suicidal, I really began to feel for him. then he began to transform from his "oh we gotta get off this rock" to "WE HAVE TO GO BACK" and upon the eventual return his kind of religious turn was perfect for the show. and that final shot of the finale... brilliant. I can't wait to rewatch seasons 5 & 6.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

bright lights, big city

4 of Hurley's numbers were picked in one of the biggest national lottery jackpots ever at $355 million. I should've played.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/05/hurleys-lost-numbers-win-fans-mega-millions-lottery-money_n_804723.html
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

poofing acid

Oh man, wharf rat started this thread.  Remember that guy?  He was a dick!

bright lights, big city

DERP

blixa

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Jan 05, 2011, 08:03 PM
4 of Hurley's numbers were picked in one of the biggest national lottery jackpots ever at $355 million. I should've played.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/05/hurleys-lost-numbers-win-fans-mega-millions-lottery-money_n_804723.html

that is so fucking creepy! lost has affected all facets of life now. this is proof of the greatness of this show.

poofing acid

None of you remember that lottery years ago? I think it was in Ireland or something. Numbers were 4 8 15 16 23 24

blixa

i just googled it. the last number was 42 instead of 24, but still, very fucking freaky. i want to go to a lost theme party. oh gosh, who would i be? maybe ben. or ilana.

bright lights, big city

a lost party, eh? sounds fine to me. i would totally be depressed jack.

is the lost fan-base turning into the trekkies? or the star wars nerds? are we getting that obsessed? yes.
DERP

There Will Be Blood

I was watching season one today and does anyone remember when locke was in his office at his job talking on the phone all military talk, and randy his boss walks over and insults him. Well if you listen closely you can hear the smoke monster sound when Locke starts to punch in numbers in his calculator angrily. Maybe John Locke was always the smoke monster?

bright lights, big city

did not know this. and i was perfectly happy believing he became the monster after the ajira 316 crash.

wait, also, didn't they conclude everything by successfully keeping the monster from leaving the island? or else the world was going to end or something.
DERP

blixa

to my knowledge, the smoke monster never left the island. this is interesting. we have to find out.

There Will Be Blood

I found the video of  the scene I was talking about on you tube

Crazy Smoke Monster

bright lights, big city

that's just the adding machine making that noise. or whatever that thing is. something with receipts. what is hurley referring to though, in the clip?
DERP

There Will Be Blood

he was referring to who is locke, thats when locke showed everyone his knifes

BigMood

haha so one of the many theories with locke - oh my god I really miss this. you could talk and discuss this show over years. when I watched the last episode again, it's a totally different feeling if you know the backgrounds. i totally cried my eyes out ^^. does anyone have the whole lost dvd package?
"Dude, I totally pulled a Chino Moreno on her last night."

bright lights, big city

my friend bought that huge ass box set, which a group of us are STILL in the process of watching all the way through. Believe we're 1 disc into season 6, so we're close to the end. It's awesome how much more you get out of it when you watch the series straight through. I still can't understand how I went 7 days between episodes.... and then over 6 months between seasons. I'll admit I cried at the end when it aired, but  now that I understand (I think) everything, I can't wait till I see the Richard episode and then those last 4 hours or so. Lost is inching its way up toward my favorite show of all time.
DERP

BigMood

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Feb 18, 2011, 09:45 PM
my friend bought that huge ass box set, which a group of us are STILL in the process of watching all the way through. Believe we're 1 disc into season 6, so we're close to the end. It's awesome how much more you get out of it when you watch the series straight through. I still can't understand how I went 7 days between episodes.... and then over 6 months between seasons. I'll admit I cried at the end when it aired, but  now that I understand (I think) everything, I can't wait till I see the Richard episode and then those last 4 hours or so. Lost is inching its way up toward my favorite show of all time.

wow kudos to you - that's a massive task! weren't there any puzzles to solve or special merchandise in these dvds?
"Dude, I totally pulled a Chino Moreno on her last night."

bright lights, big city

it came with some random little pieces of crap, like a flashlight or something. but it also has the game that Jacob and the Man In Black play, which is badass.
DERP

blixa

OH, BEN! HE ALWAYS MAKES ME CRY. POOR BLOKE.