Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Bullshit Thread #7

Started by Drop-Dead, Sep 15, 2005, 05:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Subliminal

Quote from: Moz La Punk on Jan 09, 2007, 03:46 PM
Say can I ask you something? I dont know for sure but you live in the US? Must be a bit harder there to live and be gay, right? Or is that something that the media just makes me believe? Because here in the netherlands its pretty much accepted. And we can make jokes about it because its not an issue, so if I say anything to offend you try to keep that in mind, right?

No dude i live in England, It's ALOT easier to be Gay here than in America, You have to be famous or funny to get away with being Gay over there lol

So we pretty much share your sense of humour in England, Since we're all apart of Europe ;) I still think the media over hypes Gay hate and stuff, Because 98% of the time everyone i know is fine with it or there is no REAL prejudice, Just people are ignorant or religous lol.

Moz La Punk

Yea. I also find it irritating though when they are TOO kind for gay people, I mean be kind to everyone but overly kind, like, they are cripple or something. You see that happening a lot now, imo. Positive racism, which still results in negativity because its closed minded.

Subliminal

Quote from: Moz La Punk on Jan 09, 2007, 03:53 PM
Yea. I also find it irritating though when they are TOO kind for gay people, I mean be kind to everyone but overly kind, like, they are cripple or something. You see that happening a lot now, imo. Positive racism, which still results in negativity because its closed minded.

Yeah, I spose i'm quite unlucky, I'm brown, I'm gay and i listen to anti religous metal :D

They'd all burn me at the stake if they had their way!

Moz La Punk

Hahahaha. As long as you can laugh about it its all good. People are way too serious for this life. I mean, we will all die so what we do means nothing, and we still think so serioust about ourselves.

Subliminal

Quote from: Moz La Punk on Jan 09, 2007, 03:56 PM
Hahahaha. As long as you can laugh about it its all good. People are way too serious for this life. I mean, we will all die so what we do means nothing, and we still think so serioust about ourselves.

Tell me about it, It's best to plead ignorant at times and just get on with life.  :D

People spend life worrying about everyone else's views, problems etc. by the time they stop worrying and relax, They're at deaths door.

Moz La Punk

AInt that a bitch. Thing is we do it also to some extent. Its just in our nature.

devilinside

Quote from: Subliminal on Jan 09, 2007, 03:49 PM
It's ALOT easier to be Gay here than in America, You have to be famous or funny to get away with being Gay over there lol

Nope,wrong. I have 2 gay uncles that live in LA,and people love them. I have a handfull of gay friends aswell that are accepted. Stereotype.

Subliminal

Quote from: devilinside on Jan 09, 2007, 04:11 PM
It's ALOT easier to be Gay here than in America, You have to be famous or funny to get away with being Gay over there lol

Nope,wrong. I have 2 gay uncles that live in LA,and people love them. I have a handfull of gay friends aswell that are accepted. Stereotype.

Still, It's easier here than it is in America i think.

Moz La Punk

Quote from: devilinside on Jan 09, 2007, 04:11 PM

Yea I was wondering myself if it wasnt a stereotype. Sorry about that. Still, isnt it just because its... you know, LA? Woops, another stereotype.

TheWatcher

Moz La Punk

Crazy as in crazy hot? Indeed.

I heard gays are very welcome in Russia.

Subliminal

Now that is fuckin' scary!  :o

TheWatcher

devilinside

Quote from: Subliminal on Jan 09, 2007, 04:14 PM

Still, It's easier here than it is in America i think

Exactly.

Quote from: Moz La Punk on Jan 09, 2007, 04:23 PM
Yea I was wondering myself if it wasnt a stereotype. Sorry about that. Still, isnt it just because its... you know, LA? Woops, another stereotype.

Nah,it's a VERY common thing here. Yeah,you can get away with more in LA,but I live in a smaller town,and there are a few here that are accepted just like everyone else. Of course you still have those backwoods fuckers that are against it,but things have changed soo much in the past 20+ years.

I adore gay people,i dunno,i connect with them. No,i'm not gay,experimental,but not 100% gay.  

Subliminal

Quote from: devilinside on Jan 09, 2007, 04:35 PM
Quote from: Subliminal on Jan 09, 2007, 04:14 PM

Still, It's easier here than it is in America i think

Exactly.

Quote from: Moz La Punk on Jan 09, 2007, 04:23 PM

Nah,it's a VERY common thing here. Yeah,you can get away with more in LA,but I live in a smaller town,and there are a few here that are accepted just like everyone else. Of course you still have those backwoods fuckers that are against it,but things have changed soo much in the past 20+ years.

I adore gay people,i dunno,i connect with them. No,i'm not gay,experimental,but not 100% gay. 

Yeah all the typical places in America i'm sure it's fine, New York, L.A etc. in England it's pretty much everywhere, All cities are Gay capitals lol, Manchester, Brighton, London, Kinda like the whole L.A, NYC thing in America.

But like i said, America doesn't come across like an easy place to be a Gay guy when you're young atleast, It's easier here cause of all the multi cultural things going on, You have no choice but to accept every kind of person around here.

And Devilinside you're only trying to defend America as it is, I know you're Mrs Patriotic ;)

devilinside

Quote from: Subliminal on Jan 09, 2007, 04:44 PM
Yeah all the typical places in America i'm sure it's fine, New York, L.A etc. in England it's pretty much everywhere, All cities are Gay capitals lol, Manchester, Brighton, London, Kinda like the whole L.A, NYC thing in America.

But like i said, America doesn't come across like an easy place to be a Gay guy when you're young atleast, It's easier here cause of all the multi cultural things going on, You have no choice but to accept every kind of person around here.

And Devilinside you're only trying to defend America as it is, I know you're Mrs Patriotic ;)

Wrong again. tsk tsk

Actually,SanFran has a larger gay population that LA and New York. There is large amount of gay people here in Nashville,and I know alot of gay people in Louisiana also. America is a pretty big place,and gay's are not sectioned off to certain states. But you are going by what you "think" and not actual proof. Kinda like if I were to say "British people have bad teeth". And that's not in reference to Deftones. But saying that,and me saying "well that's what I see and hear on tv...so i'm sure it's right". Not true.

And no,I'm not patriotic,but if someone is insulting American's intelligence,and I am an American,then yeah i'm gonna say something. Dont put me up there with all those people you see on tv,cause I am far from being like them. And yeah,i'm gonna take offence when you talk about liking Saddam and say it's ashame he's dead. If he posed a threat on you and your family,and killed all the people he has and treated the women the way he did,then your views might be different. But I guess you being gay and not liking women you could care less about thier safety.

But back on topic,gay's are as welcome here as they are anywhere else. Oh,and my uncles  aren't from LA,they are from Georiga.

Moz La Punk

Just WHAT are you going on about, British people have fucking horrible teeth.

White Pwny

And I think we all know why.......
hang a noose for my new sinner.... somewhere everyone can see it...

devilinside

But I dont know that,so I can't ASSume it's correct. hahaah  Is it Austin Powers bad?? Cause I like to compare with tv and all....  :-*

Moz La Punk

I typed Kelly in google and got this