Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Bullshit Thread #7

Started by Drop-Dead, Sep 15, 2005, 08:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diplo

Quote from: black coffee on Sep 13, 2014, 12:59 PM
I didn't learn what I learned to do unskilled labor and earn less. Learning something new would be dope, but I am turning 30 next year ^_^ actually I would love to go to university and study psychology, even if that means being a broke ass student the next years who drinks cheap red wine and seduces women all the time. Actually that sounds great

Go ahead man, you have no idea how women taste at 20 years old in 2014... no offense to girls but I don't think you were so libertines and open-minded back in the days.

For the rest who are under 30 years old,  have you started a family ? Job takes maybe all your day but it's not your whole life. I mean yes it's a shitty job but it's not that bad when you have fellows around you.

black coffee

Quote from: chick de la lynch on Sep 14, 2014, 11:22 AM
There is some weird sort of comfort seeing that many people my age feel just as shitty about their jobs.

Quote from: Diplo on Sep 14, 2014, 12:36 PM
Job takes maybe all your day but it's not your whole life. I mean yes it's a shitty job but it's not that bad when you have fellows around you.

props to the positive thinking guys, I respect that.
Reading your posts I had to think of this stand up comedy by Greg Giraldo ( RIP ) where he talks about the economy.

the first minute is the interesting part:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0J97i3KNpmA

And he is spot on. We have this atmosphere of "I am thankful for what I have, even if its only little and the little is pretty much shit".
You get paid badly, and you're still supposed to be grateful, because not having a job would be worse, right?

Like here in Germany, we tend to say how great it is that many people have jobs in comparison to other European countries.
And its true, the number of jobless people here is lower than in most of Europe, but the reason why is because theres a giant low pay sector with jobs in callcenters, security, mc donalds and shit like that.
And if you don't find a job that fits to your qualification, then its your fault. As if to say, "nobody has to be unemployed, you can always start to work in a callcenter". You are meant to blame yourself when things are going wrong and we accept this silently. Seriously those who are wealthy and powerful must be laughing themselves silly when someone tells them "equal chances in education, anyone can go from rags to riches.

lostpilot

black coffee,

same shit in Lithuania. You have to be grateful for having a job, and if you bitch too much or ask too much at work (all of it being part of your rights) you might be fired with them saying "there's most definitely someone that really wants a job out there".

And yes, I work 12 hour shifts - even though I have it slightly better than some of my colleagues because I have to work less days (it's like 0.8-time instead of being full time or part time). But still, having to work in a crowded mall for the whole day is something that changes you a little. I have become more compassionate but at the same time much more cold and sociopathic. Bipolar clients do this to you, yeah

And I like working and being productive, I think I am good at what I do but hours and people get to me. So I will try to start a music label next year, keep on producing and playing music and to earn my income from there so I can have CONTROL and have a CHOICE in my life. Tis' all what you should do too!

black coffee

12 hour shifts are crazy. I work 9 hours ( + 1 hour break ) and it pisses me off to death. Anyways I take it you still smoke weed?

lostpilot

yes, it's something that helps reset my mind after 12 hours right before sleep before I hit 12 more hours, etc etc

black coffee

What happened to that fixing coping mechanism stuff and doing sports instead of smoking?

tarkil

Quote from: Crazylegs on Sep 13, 2014, 03:47 AM
PAGE 666!!!

I have to celebrate that too !!!!              \m/

Back on topic, I've started using sports as a coping mechanism, like I go every day after work... It's really effective !
Still feels like you're blazing through life though, as it gives you very little time for stuff outside of that (work & sport I mean).
But I do feel good, so it's probably OK I guess ???

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

blixa

i've been trying to facebook stalk penicks to no avail. my stalking skills are shit though.

Penicks

Quote from: blixa on Oct 10, 2014, 03:59 PM
i've been trying to facebook stalk penicks to no avail. my stalking skills are shit though.

i'm pretty much married now blixa, it might be better for you and your Glorious Ass to just get over me and move on

lostpilot

continuing the hamster wheel story,
so basically I quit my job without having another one.
I decided I could not be there any more and could not deal with the same tasks that I have been doing for 3,5 years.

It's my second day as an unemployed man, and when I left the job I received quite enough money for three months without a job. Started to look for another one, had some opportunities, was waiting for too long and lost some "safe" jobs.

So now I have no idea what's going to happen, my mind is in panic mode, even though it's only the second day, I am going out of my mind. My parents had a really bad experience, where they both were unemployed for more than a year in different times. I know what it's like to fall into a well and just get yourself deeper by not getting a job, while other offers come and go not often enough.

I keep wondering if this was the biggest mistake I've done so far. I know I would not be able to stay at that job, and I have the "safety pillow" for a couple of comfortable life months, but boy I am nervous.

INTERNET, HELP ME WITH YOUR SYMPATHY

chick de la lynch

Quote from: lostpilot on Oct 14, 2014, 03:29 PM
continuing the hamster wheel story,
so basically I quit my job without having another one.
I decided I could not be there any more and could not deal with the same tasks that I have been doing for 3,5 years.

It's my second day as an unemployed man, and when I left the job I received quite enough money for three months without a job. Started to look for another one, had some opportunities, was waiting for too long and lost some "safe" jobs.

So now I have no idea what's going to happen, my mind is in panic mode, even though it's only the second day, I am going out of my mind. My parents had a really bad experience, where they both were unemployed for more than a year in different times. I know what it's like to fall into a well and just get yourself deeper by not getting a job, while other offers come and go not often enough.

I keep wondering if this was the biggest mistake I've done so far. I know I would not be able to stay at that job, and I have the "safety pillow" for a couple of comfortable life months, but boy I am nervous.

INTERNET, HELP ME WITH YOUR SYMPATHY

First of all, I commend you for quitting. I am at that point where I am seriously considering just quitting without a prospect of a job either but I'm still too chicken to do it. I took this week off just to look for work, so I'm crossing my fingers all goes well. If not, then I might just quit my job all together...

Secondly, I think a better opportunity will come along because of this. It's scary at first, but things will look up. I remember I was let go of a job last year during the probation period and I was in panic mode too. But I put in probably one hundred applications in one week and I was able to line something up that following Friday. It's definitely possible to get another job just to sustain yourself while you figure out your next step.

Keep me posted on what's going on with that. You're giving me inspiration right now that it is possible to leave the hamster wheel life.

Lucky_Me

@lostpilot: I agree with Chick the la Lynch. Stop stressing and be proud of yourself! Getting worried has never solved anything, so take a deep breath and pat yourself on the shoulder. You deserve it for making good choices.  ;) Do you know how many people are going to be jealous of you in time? You chose happiness and that's a daring decision.

I quit university literature and cinema studies, because I didn't like cinema and I didn't feel any passion for literature either. Sure, I liked it, but... it's like bad sex: it's good, but also... nah. Just not quite 'it'. So I applied to art school, ended up in a strange town in business univeristy instead, because I want to work for rock stars. Like everyone, huh. No chance I was ever going to fulfill my dream of working in music industry, right? Boy, was I stupid...

Now I'll be doing  traineeship interviews for a club venue, a famous orchestra and the Dutch Royal Theater.  ;D You'd better be sorry than safe.  8) Life is short, man, so it's a good thing you're finally seizing the day.
Eccentricity is but a sophisticated form of insanity.

lostpilot

Thanks guys.

I appreciate your support. It's a roller coaster of emotions in this period of time, one day at a time. I sent an application to some places that are closer to being jobs "for me", so I will wait now. One of them is being a salesman in a music shop, which I would love to be doing. I am really good at sales and enjoy talking to people, while this job will never be as stressful or intense as the one I just left. It's a no brainer - I'm a musician with almost ten years of experience, and more than three years Apple-level sales training and experience.. So I'll be waiting.

Or this is the universe just telling me to do things on my own, anyway.
Thanks again for the support!

blixa

Quote from: Penicks on Oct 12, 2014, 06:08 PM
Quote from: blixa on Oct 10, 2014, 03:59 PM

i'm pretty much married now blixa, it might be better for you and your Glorious Ass to just get over me and move on

can never get over you, sweetness.

but generally speaking, met this guy and he seems to like me but he's all messed up in his life right now and he's acting like a real jerk. so what i've decided to do is just completely ignore him. i don't know if this will work. i'm just sick of flaky guys.

Martin

Crazylegs

black coffee

blixa

can someone come and take the make up off my face, brush my teeth, dress me in my pyjamas and put me to bed? thanks.

black coffee

let me take a very expensive and very long flight real quick to do all these things.

Does anybody else follow the chess world championship? Doesn't look good for Vishy

Crazylegs

It's all over the news here in Norway because of Magnus Carlsen being pretty good. Personally though i don't see the point of chess as a spectator "sport". If i'm not playing myself, i don't care.

If i'm honest i don't really care for playing it myself either.